VAR

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: VAR

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:51 pm

VAR sucks dick. It's the worst development in the game in years.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby sheblue » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:17 pm

Didnt see the game today but I have never liked VAR.
It will rapidly come to a stage where goal celebrations are a thing of the past.

It's too clinical its too artificial. Its turning into a computer game.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby branny » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:48 pm

City64 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:First VAR goal reversal in Premier League history

That has to be absolute bollox and subjective at most. Fuck me, I've seen it all now!

Ok , it has just been proven that VAR got this decision totally wrong and also proves they haven't got a clue what they are doing . The blue line on the West Ham player should be vertical from his elbow not his shoulder therefore the horizontal blue line on the pitch further forward thus Sterling is clearly onside . Absolute fucking disgrace that a sublime goal not given for an utter arse of technology not used correctly = GAME IS FUCKED LADIES AND GENTS !

I thought that about the blue dotted line so looked it up on the FA website. "Hands and arms of all players are not considered" so there we go. I must admit, it's a new one on me. I thought it only applied to the attacker but they must have changed it.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby sheblue » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:30 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:

Whatever happened to the rule that there needs to be daylight between the attacker and the defender or was that just some shite that the commentators used to bang on about

That's just absolutely ridiculous. What happened to being level meant onside.
So if a player is a sack hair ahead they are offside. Silly stupid decision. Stupid carry on will ruin the game. Fucking idiots.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby bigblue » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:48 pm

VAR needs to go fuck itself
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:27 pm

It’s shite.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:11 pm

Watching the Watford Brighton game on MOTD. How come Watford were not awarded a penalty.

Free-kick was clearly blocked by a defenders elbow. I thought the rule now was if it hits the arm, it's a penalty.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:09 am

Fuck VAR. it’s already ruining the game.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby ruralblue » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:58 am

Am I right in think Every goal gets checked even if its obviously a goal? I seemed to think it was just when there was clear doubt. The biggest buzz as a football fan for me is that feeling when the balls in the back of the net. Waiting to be checked will take a lot of that away. Load of shit.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby patrickblue » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:37 am

branny wrote:
City64 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

That has to be absolute bollox and subjective at most. Fuck me, I've seen it all now!

Ok , it has just been proven that VAR got this decision totally wrong and also proves they haven't got a clue what they are doing . The blue line on the West Ham player should be vertical from his elbow not his shoulder therefore the horizontal blue line on the pitch further forward thus Sterling is clearly onside . Absolute fucking disgrace that a sublime goal not given for an utter arse of technology not used correctly = GAME IS FUCKED LADIES AND GENTS !

I thought that about the blue dotted line so looked it up on the FA website. "Hands and arms of all players are not considered" so there we go. I must admit, it's a new one on me. I thought it only applied to the attacker but they must have changed it.

So why is the line going from the defenders armpit, but the other one from halfway down Raz's upper arm?
I assume that's the only way they could make him offside.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:17 am

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:Watching the Watford Brighton game on MOTD. How come Watford were not awarded a penalty.

Free-kick was clearly blocked by a defenders elbow. I thought the rule now was if it hits the arm, it's a penalty.

I've just seen that. Clearly hits the defenders arm. Why was no penalty given? We've had them given against us!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:21 am

Mase wrote:
FA cup winners 2006 wrote:Watching the Watford Brighton game on MOTD. How come Watford were not awarded a penalty.

I've just seen that. Clearly hits the defenders arm. Why was no penalty given? We've had them given against us!

Premier League referees have said that they won’t be applying that interpretation of the law in England
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:21 pm

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:What hasn’t been mentioned much and was glossed over very quickly during the match, was the offside given against Mahrez from Ederson’s clearance. He was level and the cameras and McManaman spotted it and said as much but not another word was said.

The point being I thought linesman were only supposed to flag when it was obvious as VAR would check if a goal resulted. This is where we will get the shitty end of the stick, the little decisions that don’t go to VAR but could have led to a breakaway or a chance or a goal. I notice that Norwich were dealt similar cards last night.

If the powers that be want us to suffer poor decisions like we have done for what seems like ages now, they will continue to do so, they will just have to be more subtle about it

When it happened on the US commentary they said that. "Linesmen have been told to keep their flags down on tight calls and it will then be reviewed by VAR. We've seen that not be the case in other matches already played" not sure whether the last bit was a dog at Liverpool but thankfully they said it how it is.

You sure? I swear they said the opposite. Other leagues do that but the PL is letting ARs make the calls and only when they dont will VAR review.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Blue Noodle » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:18 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Mase wrote:

Premier League referees have said that they won’t be applying that interpretation of the law in England

So, does that mean that it can be interpreted differently in different leauges/competitions/internationals? Absolute bollocks if so. One game, one set of rules.
Blue Noodle
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Blue Noodle » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:20 pm

Also, VAR is wank.
Blue Noodle
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:44 am

Blue Noodle wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Mase wrote:

So, does that mean that it can be interpreted differently in different leauges/competitions/internationals? Absolute bollocks if so. One game, one set of rules.

Yes it can be applied differently and it yes it is stupid. Even if done honestly it will confuse the fans (the pundits will be confused anyway).
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby blues2win » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:22 pm

If there genuinely is a margin of error in the equipment the obvious answer is to apply it as in cricket and make it referee’s call.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby sheblue » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:55 pm

Why dont the mongs let the ref see the video footage at the game. The referee is supposed to have the final say yet he cant see the footage the lemons in the studio are looking at. Where is the sense in that?
It's really stupid.
Cant celebrate a goal now. It's horrible.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:44 pm

blues2win wrote:If there genuinely is a margin of error in the equipment the obvious answer is to apply it as in cricket and make it referee’s call.

As I said in the match thread - So basically an operator can decide a match.

The attacker should be given the benefit of the doubt in ''MM calls'' IMO otherwise the fuckign operator can do whatever he feels like.

I Just watched SKY sports today.......they are wanking themselves telling us that VAR was 100% successful..not once did they bring up Andy Grays point about frames per mili second and when the operator can freeze it where he likes to justify his call on offside or not.

As I said - its a method to justify an agenda driven operator.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby blues2win » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:11 pm

My suggestion was rather different. If the video was very marginal the referee’s original decision would stand. The question is what would be marginal. Perhaps if the whole body wasn’t ahead of the defender it would revert back to the referee? Tricky stuff I agree. VAR is not going away. There should be concentration on improving it not scrapping it.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum