VAR

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: VAR

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:46 pm

To be honest, don't give a shit as I've already worked out that it's all about creating debate rather than the reality of the game.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 39006
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: VAR

Postby City64 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:47 pm

Just got back from the game . It was a good game between two top sides but all the talk is about shit VAR . Im off on holiday tomorrow night where I will contemplate packing in going to games , shit VAR has ruined the match atmosphere you cant celebrate anything anymore VAR has killed it for me I am not spending fortunes to go to games where I no longer can have passion and celebrate . No need for fans to be at any games anymore no point whatsoever ITS RUINED !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
User avatar
City64
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8324
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: VAR

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:51 pm

City64 wrote: . No need for fans to be at any games anymore no point whatsoever ITS RUINED !!!


That's it. No need at all for fans anymore.
Mase
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 25288
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: VAR

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:10 pm

Well, it didn't take long, did it? I was hopeful (but sceptical)that VAR would lead to a level playing field. 2 games later and we've seen quite clearly how it will be used......
Bluemoon4610
Horlock's Aggressive Walk
 
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:01 pm
Location: County Durham
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Re: VAR

Postby Nick » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:12 pm

Fuck var but also fuck all this cabt celebrate bollocks. Who cares if you go mad then ruled out
Nick
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6724
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:50 pm
Location: MANCHESTER

Re: VAR

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:39 pm

Nick wrote:Fuck var but also fuck all this cabt celebrate bollocks. Who cares if you go mad then ruled out


Cant wait for you to win the lotto then a minute later realize that you didn't really.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 25495
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Supporter of: Man City

Re: VAR

Postby Nick » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:52 pm

Still gonna celebrate though arent you.

Were all blues, not like were gonna look like twats as if we were in a rag pub and it happens
Nick
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6724
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:50 pm
Location: MANCHESTER

Re: VAR

Postby Dimples » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:26 pm

Bluemoon4610 wrote:Well, it didn't take long, did it? I was hopeful (but sceptical)that VAR would lead to a level playing field. 2 games later and we've seen quite clearly how it will be used......


VAR is a business tool used to influence match results. Nothing more and nothing less.
PL needs to be competitive to be exciting and keep those subscriptions and match fees rolling in.
We are bad for business because we are so good.

The Dippers and Rags will not be treated as harshly (no stonewall penalty given and a disallowed goal for the tiniest of contact).
Wait and see.
User avatar
Dimples
Richard Dunne's Own Goals
 
Posts: 921
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:05 am
Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Re: VAR

Postby harveytravis » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:32 pm

Just back from the game and had my worst fears realised.

Not that we would lose or draw but that the whole spirit of football would be destroyed by bureaucrats.

My son and I were delirious when Jesus scored... for 30 seconds.. and then left desolate. It was like being kicked in the balls (and for the second time in a few months!!)

The use of VARs (farce) is trying to apply science to art. It doesn't work.

It can be manipulated as was seen last week against West Ham - who knows exactly when the ball leaves the foot of the guy passing to the attacking player? Andy Grey tried to work this one out - in vain.

It can not be used at all - as when Rodri was hauled to the ground in the first half and nothing happened

It can be interpreted in a myriad ways as to whether the ball touched the arm at all (as was seen in our quarter final match) or whether it grazed a piece of flesh that wasn't meant to be there. Not sure exactly where you're supposed to put your arms in this situation? How can you jump with your arms behind your back?

VARs (Farce) is a ridiculous attempt at fairness that doesn't work and destroys the joy of the game. I seriously think it could lead to fewer people attending live matches. After sixty years of following City I'm thinking about stopping the 500 miles round trip!!!!



(Only kidding)


Still fuming!!
Last edited by harveytravis on Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy
 
Posts: 411
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:47 pm
Supporter of: Man City

Re: VAR

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:42 pm

I'm not bringing my daughter up supporting anyone whilst this shit is going on. She doesn't deserve it
Mase
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 25288
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: VAR

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:58 am

If anyone argues against this tool being used to cheat a team out of a win etc then they need a frontal lobotomy.

I said it a while ago ...it will 100% destroy the match going experience ....I turned my TV off when VAR fucked us again with the disallowed goal but I was even more annoyed at the lack of VAR for Laportes 100% penalty claim...I think that fucked me off even more as you just knew why VAR or the ref never even gave it a second thought.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 25495
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Supporter of: Man City

Re: VAR

Postby City64 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:13 am

PS forgot to add there was a lot of trouble outside the ground after the game , frustrated city fans went straight for the spurs fans and for once there weren’t that many police around . Just another example of what SHIT VAR IS CAUSING !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
User avatar
City64
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8324
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: VAR

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:02 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:If anyone argues against this tool being used to cheat a team out of a win etc then they need a frontal lobotomy.

I said it a while ago ...it will 100% destroy the match going experience ....I turned my TV off when VAR fucked us again with the disallowed goal but I was even more annoyed at the lack of VAR for Laportes 100% penalty claim...I think that fucked me off even more as you just knew why VAR or the ref never even gave it a second thought.

The non award of the penalty irks me the most. All pundits on motd were also in agreement on that and also that the handball rule is as stupid as they come.
Be interesting to hear the Supplements views on it this morning
nottsblue
Joe Mercer's OBE
 
Posts: 19336
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: VAR

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:06 am

nottsblue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:If anyone argues against this tool being used to cheat a team out of a win etc then they need a frontal lobotomy.

I said it a while ago ...it will 100% destroy the match going experience ....I turned my TV off when VAR fucked us again with the disallowed goal but I was even more annoyed at the lack of VAR for Laportes 100% penalty claim...I think that fucked me off even more as you just knew why VAR or the ref never even gave it a second thought.

The non award of the penalty irks me the most. All pundits on motd were also in agreement on that and also that the handball rule is as stupid as they come.
Be interesting to hear the Supplements views on it this morning


The penalty claim in the first half or the one at the end when the spuds defender is tugging on Laporte's arm - which explains why his arm was in the air when the ball apparently stroked it?

Still not seen any clear proof that the ball stroked Laporte's arm.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12446
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: VAR

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:49 am

Here's our VAR ref from yesterday
Image

Last edited by johnny crossan on Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6556
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: VAR

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:04 am

zuricity wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:If anyone argues against this tool being used to cheat a team out of a win etc then they need a frontal lobotomy.

I said it a while ago ...it will 100% destroy the match going experience ....I turned my TV off when VAR fucked us again with the disallowed goal but I was even more annoyed at the lack of VAR for Laportes 100% penalty claim...I think that fucked me off even more as you just knew why VAR or the ref never even gave it a second thought.

The non award of the penalty irks me the most. All pundits on motd were also in agreement on that and also that the handball rule is as stupid as they come.
Be interesting to hear the Supplements views on it this morning


The penalty claim in the first half or the one at the end when the spuds defender is tugging on Laporte's arm - which explains why his arm was in the air when the ball apparently stroked it?

Still not seen any clear proof that the ball stroked Laporte's arm.

The first half one, Lamela with his arms round Laporte’s neck

Sky obviously have searched high and low for a camera angle to prove the handball. It was the merest of flicks, just brushing his hand and with not enough force to change the balls trajectory. But enough for the new law to rule it out. I guess the proof will be when the dippers have something similar ruled out. I shan’t hold my breath
nottsblue
Joe Mercer's OBE
 
Posts: 19336
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: VAR

Postby s1ty m » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:22 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Nick wrote:Fuck var but also fuck all this cabt celebrate bollocks. Who cares if you go mad then ruled out


Cant wait for you to win the lotto then a minute later realize that you didn't really.


And that's about where it is. I just grabbed my coat and fucked off as soon as the reality dauned. Chuntered all the way back home, totally ruined match. I'm disgusted as much as anything else. Watched MOTD and switched off in disbelief so poor was the decision...let alone the foul on Rodri. I'm really conflicted by this. Utter shit.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
User avatar
s1ty m
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5210
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: uk

Re: VAR

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:20 am

I'd just like to know how the majority of these decisions seem to be in our games and usually always to our detriment?

Without VAR we seen numerous decisions go against us and lots go for the Dippers, whether it be the PL or CL. Then we see the implementation in the CL which led to 2 crucial decisions against Spurs, one where VAR told the ref of an handball incident but then failed to show him the correct angle, leading to the goal standing. At least the ref had the opportunity to check whereas now, in the PL, they have the opportunity but just don't bother.

What I find more infuriating is when we are shown an obvious penalty decision just brushed under the carpet and how did they come to the decision that Silva fouled Rose when it was clear Rose purposely jumped into Bernardo because he'd just taken the piss out of them. Those 2 incidents alone should tell us how we are treated by the powers that be, no way will we get anything whilst they have a product to sell.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 39006
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: VAR

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:23 am

Like my dad's just said to me, they might as well try and stop hiding it and just make us play with 10 every week ffs.
Mase
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 25288
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: VAR

Postby budfox » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:10 pm

This new rule for handball was brought in with VAR in mind. Another opportunity to rule out a goal when it suits the agenda.

There is absolutely no way the bin dippers or rags are going to get a goal like yesterday's disallowed, I absolutely guarantee it. They won't even look at a replay.
When I go to my grave, I shall go with content. I shall go in the knowledge that every rag fan's nightmare ends with a single word: "Aguerrrrroooooo...."
User avatar
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1690
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:19 pm
Location: Somerset
Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: The Brown

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: barryconlonsbaldspot, Blue Philistine, Bluemoon4610, carolina-blue, CTID Hants, dazby, Google [Bot], Hazy2, Majestic-12 [Bot], nottsblue, Scatman and 45 guests