VAR

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: VAR

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:20 pm

budfox wrote:This new rule for handball was brought in with VAR in mind. Another opportunity to rule out a goal when it suits the agenda.

There is absolutely no way the bin dippers or rags are going to get a goal like yesterday's disallowed, I absolutely guarantee it. They won't even look at a replay.

Just a thought and i know it is taking it to extremes. However if they can be so precise with their camera and video evidence . Surely some smart Lawyer or other could bring a case against such inconsistencies of decisions being made?

I mean , if Laporte's apparent handball yesterday is a yardstick for handball reviews then every time it touches the arm there must be a review of the incident . This is , after all a big , big , business.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby PeterParker » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:24 pm

How the fuck does this rule work? Just saw the ball hit Dann’s hand in Sheffield - Palace.
Last edited by PeterParker on Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:26 pm

Nothing will be done until VAR (Or lack of ) fucks over SKYs beloved top 4 teams.

Trust me - there are many many happy people out there at the moment.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:26 pm

I mentioned this a while ago and it's one that has proved the system can be manipulated. When VAR was mooted it was stated that the onfield official will always have the last say on any decision but now we find that it is the off field official who is making all the calls. This is the bit that I do not like and was weary of if VAR came about.

We've all wondered at times where the onfield referee got his information from, such as Taylor's decision to go for the card on Luis before quickly changing his mind and letting play go on, and now we have officials nowhere near the stadium in a box deciding on major decisions on behalf of the referee. What's to say that the bloke in the box, who's employed by the PL, isn't somehow hooked up to somebody with ulterior motives.

I don't like this system one bit and whilst it is up for manipulation and no real assurance then I can only come to the conclusion that it will be used on behalf of the PL, not for the regulations to be adhered to.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:34 pm

Is the persons identity made known before the match that will be looking at VAR?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:36 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I mentioned this a while ago and it's one that has proved the system can be manipulated. When VAR was mooted it was stated that the onfield official will always have the last say on any decision but now we find that it is the off field official who is making all the calls. This is the bit that I do not like and was weary of if VAR came about.

We've all wondered at times where the onfield referee got his information from, such as Taylor's decision to go for the card on Luis before quickly changing his mind and letting play go on, and now we have officials nowhere near the stadium in a box deciding on major decisions on behalf of the referee. What's to say that the bloke in the box, who's employed by the PL, isn't somehow hooked up to somebody with ulterior motives.

I don't like this system one bit and whilst it is up for manipulation and no real assurance then I can only come to the conclusion that it will be used on behalf of the PL, not for the regulations to be adhered to.

Especially if that guy upstairs has just laid a wad of cash on a result that will be affected by any decision he's making.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:48 pm

zuricity wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I mentioned this a while ago and it's one that has proved the system can be manipulated. When VAR was mooted it was stated that the onfield official will always have the last say on any decision but now we find that it is the off field official who is making all the calls. This is the bit that I do not like and was weary of if VAR came about.

Especially if that guy upstairs has just laid a wad of cash on a result that will be affected by any decision he's making.

The thing is that the decision to chalk off the goal wasn't even in accordance with the regulations, it was how the VAR interpretted it. It's amazing how we are told of these rules but they have no basis when actually scrtunised.

However, they have now set the precedence and we'll now see how they uphold their bollox decisions.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dick dastardley » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:56 pm

I've been a season ticket holder for over 30yrs and yesterday as well as the spuds chumps league game made me realise that my time is almost up, the joke decisions and biased decision making is killing my enjoyment of watching live football. I love my club but the agony of having goals chalked off or a decision not made clearly shows football is not a level playing field.
Let's see over the next few months if the calls are given or not given across the board.
I doubt it very much!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:00 pm

dick dastardley wrote:I've been a season ticket holder for over 30yrs and yesterday as well as the spuds chumps league game made me realise that my time is almost up, the joke decisions and biased decision making is killing my enjoyment of watching live football. I love my club but the agony of having goals chalked off or a decision not made clearly shows football is not a level playing field.
Let's see over the next few months if the calls are given or not given across the board.
I doubt it very much!!

I gave my season ticket up a couple of years ago and one of the reasons was the corrupt decisions we had go against us - I can't remember which season it was but they were ridiculously bad.

This VAR crap will push me to just fuckin football off altogether.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:05 pm

Keith Hackett tweeted a reply to me that VAR was wrong not to intervene on Rodri being hauled down. It was a clear and obvious error.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:07 pm

blues2win wrote:Keith Hackett tweeted a reply to me that VAR was wrong not to intervene on Rodri being hauled down. It was a clear and obvious error.

i've just watched the highlights again and Oliver is clearly telling a city player that the VAR ref says it was no penalty. He even points to his earpiece to make his case.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:21 pm

zuricity wrote:
blues2win wrote:Keith Hackett tweeted a reply to me that VAR was wrong not to intervene on Rodri being hauled down. It was a clear and obvious error.

i've just watched the highlights again and Oliver is clearly telling a city player that the VAR ref says it was no penalty. He even points to his earpiece to make his case.

Has Pep or the club mentioned it? I haven't heard anyone mention the penalty. We're going to lose good fans by just taking it up the arse every week!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:44 pm

Mase wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Has Pep or the club mentioned it? I haven't heard anyone mention the penalty. We're going to lose good fans by just taking it up the arse every week!

Pep said VAR was having a coffee on that pen incident.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:58 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mase wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Pep said VAR was having a coffee on that pen incident.

The sickening thing for me is there will not be any consistency - it’s not just because it happened to us , it’s because penalty calls like ours won’t happen to other top teams- they just won’t .

How can we not look at this as anything but an attempt to fuck our season up ?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:11 pm

The VAR deemed Oliver’s decision wasnt a clear and obvious error! Hackett was saying the VAR should have intervened to overrule him because the error was clear and obvious
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:42 pm

blues2win wrote:The VAR deemed Oliver’s decision wasnt a clear and obvious error! Hackett was saying the VAR should have intervened to overrule him because the error was clear and obvious

This is the issue that most Blues said would fuck the game up for us as decisions will be made on a subjective basis, namely what colour short you play in.

Every man and his dog, from RatBoy to Mark Halsey have stated that the on and off field official should given it, but they decided not to.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:42 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
blues2win wrote:The VAR deemed Oliver’s decision wasnt a clear and obvious error! Hackett was saying the VAR should have intervened to overrule him because the error was clear and obvious

This is the issue that most Blues said would fuck the game up for us as decisions will be made on a subjective basis, namely what colour short you play in.

Every man and his dog, from RatBoy to Mark Halsey have stated that the on and off field official should given it, but they decided not to.

Agenda - that’s why .
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:46 pm

Feels like we’ve been the main side to be hard done by at the moment. The handball VAR was probably to the letter of the law the correct decision but it feels like a criminal being let off on a technicality like his rights hadn’t been read out at his arrest or something equally silly. Everyone knows the rule is silly but there’s fuck all that is going to be done about it
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:13 pm

Clear handball in favour of Chelsea. VAR doesn’t get involved.

Cheating at the very best.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:13 pm

nottsblue wrote:Feels like we’ve been the main side to be hard done by at the moment. The handball VAR was probably to the letter of the law the correct decision but it feels like a criminal being let off on a technicality like his rights hadn’t been read out at his arrest or something equally silly. Everyone knows the rule is silly but there’s fuck all that is going to be done about it

You keep writing this , but i'm not convinced it hit Laporte's arm. Admittedly i can only go on highlights from the Beeb, since i could not watch the game. However, when a VAR decision is made , the video footage they use should be made available to all media outlets that subscribe to the PL. So that there is no controversy with the VAR decision analysis .

It is a joke right now and sums up the absolute chaos that is going on in Blighty . Everywhere you look, hangers on deeming themselves more important than the product they are hanging onto.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum