VAR

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: VAR

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:56 pm

Found a clip of the Silva one 8:45

Watch on youtube.com
Mase
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22437
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: VAR

Postby bigblue » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:21 pm

Mase wrote:
bigblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Corrupt cunts. Hopefully Pep says something


I only saw a clip of his post match but he looks quite fed up with it and even seem to hint that the challenge to win the league will be even tougher this year because of officiating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucz5N6sYABc


Well played. He's fuckin fuming. As we all are. It's taking the piss now!


I also like how he calls out Bournemouth for being more of a longball team than people think
User avatar
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10428
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:11 pm
Supporter of: Holism
My favourite player is: Bernie Silver

Re: VAR

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:50 pm

carolina-blue wrote:
bigblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Corrupt cunts. Hopefully Pep says something


I only saw a clip of his post match but he looks quite fed up with it and even seem to hint that the challenge to win the league will be even tougher this year because of officiating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucz5N6sYABc


That’s a telling video He is pissed off
Circle the wagons We know he likes a cause
Can we come up with. a Blue Ribbon

Love it.

He is starting to really get and feel the bias against us both from the media and the FA themselves, through the officiating on and off the pitch. Pep is the sort of guy who WILL not let this lie and he will work even harder to try to improve us to the level where VAR and the referees will not even matter. He wants to leave a lasting legacy I reckon and doing it the hard way is part of his DNA
nottsblue
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17236
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: VAR

Postby s1ty m » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:02 pm

The Bournemouth Eddie Howe footballing myth is precisely that. A stinking hairy bollocked myth. Like the twat Wagner at Uddersfield. Bournemouth are small time ale house cloggers akin to Blackburn under Leslie. Go fuck yourself Howe, fucking Thunderbird puppet weirdo wannabe. Boils my piss. Filthy fuckers, utterly filthy.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
User avatar
s1ty m
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5124
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: uk

Re: VAR

Postby PrezIke » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:27 pm

s1ty m wrote:The Bournemouth Eddie Howe footballing myth is precisely that. A stinking hairy bollocked myth. Like the twat Wagner at Uddersfield. Bournemouth are small time ale house cloggers akin to Blackburn under Leslie. Go fuck yourself Howe, fucking Thunderbird puppet weirdo wannabe. Boils my piss. Filthy fuckers, utterly filthy.


Would you like some salt with that? ;)

I don't think Howe wants to play that way, he just knows every time he's tried against us it's not worked and when they did play this way it means they come closer to getting a result. Annoying, I know, but he does like to play football.

I actually like both of those managers but spot on about Howe belonging as a Thunderbird puppet :lol:
Image
Razza | Boo Bwoy Extrodanaire
User avatar
PrezIke
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6294
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: 'N Why See
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Re: VAR

Postby Tru_Blu » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:07 pm

No mention of the VAR decision on MOTD. Unbelievable
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Image
Tru_Blu
Tevez's Golfing Holiday
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:04 pm
Location: BERMUDA!!
Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Re: VAR

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:00 am

Tru_Blu wrote:No mention of the VAR decision on MOTD. Unbelievable


When there is a fuckign agenda against us then its not surprising is it .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Agueroooo's 93:20 League Winner
 
Posts: 23372
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: VAR

Postby City64 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:12 am

Andy Gray over here on bein sports has called out Mike Riley and his hideous implementation of VAR calling them both a disgrace!
Not really here
User avatar
City64
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7339
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: VAR

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:32 pm

Holy fuck, just seen the worst implementation of VAR ever in the West Ham v Norwich game. The premier league are making an absolute fuck of it. They are so up their own arse, they have to do something different to other leagues and think they can do it better, they simply can't.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1210
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:41 pm

Re: VAR

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:20 pm

Also, Newcastle’s equaliser came off a hand in the build up. VAR was apparently not used on this occasion. I thought we were led to believe it was used in every goal.

Perhaps some goals are more equal than others
nottsblue
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17236
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: VAR

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:38 am

nottsblue wrote:Also, Newcastle’s equaliser came off a hand in the build up. VAR was apparently not used on this occasion. I thought we were led to believe it was used in every goal.

Perhaps some goals are more equal than others

I think we can all see how it's been implemented.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 37163
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: VAR

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:41 am

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:Holy fuck, just seen the worst implementation of VAR ever in the West Ham v Norwich game. The premier league are making an absolute fuck of it. They are so up their own arse, they have to do something different to other leagues and think they can do it better, they simply can't.

Shocking officiating. Truly one of the stupidest decisions in recent times. Even the presenters on MotD were incredulous. Could well be the difference between Villa staying up at the final reckoning
nottsblue
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17236
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: VAR

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:51 am

Because the ref had blown the whistle I can understand that the goal can't stand. He should be sacked for blowing the whistle though. All he had to do was let play carry on then let VAR verify or disallow the goal.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1128
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: VAR

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:58 am

ayrshireblue wrote:Because the ref had blown the whistle I can understand that the goal can't stand. He should be sacked for blowing the whistle though. All he had to do was let play carry on then let VAR verify or disallow the goal.

If thats true then what is the point of VAR if not to overturn a clear and obvious error?
nottsblue
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17236
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: VAR

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:26 am

It can't overturn and give the goal because the players have played to the whistle and stopped when it's been blown. Totally the refs fault and he's wrong on blowing the whistle and thinking that Grealish has dived.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1128
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: VAR

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:48 pm

Does anyone remember when they said they will get tough with pushing in the penalty area and we were the first (And just about only club ) to concede a fuckign penalty (Sterling ) for off the ball slight push ? and then anywhere else it was ignored.

Its the same with VAR.... ..we are the first club to be fucked over with that as well (Newcastle's handball was ignored ).....tell me im being paranoid that the FA seriously dont want to see us win the league again!!!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Agueroooo's 93:20 League Winner
 
Posts: 23372
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: VAR

Postby zuricity » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:40 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Does anyone remember when they said they will get tough with pushing in the penalty area and we were the first (And just about only club ) to concede a fuckign penalty (Sterling ) for off the ball slight push ? and then anywhere else it was ignored.

Its the same with VAR.... ..we are the first club to be fucked over with that as well (Newcastle's handball was ignored ).....tell me im being paranoid that the FA seriously dont want to see us win the league again!!!!


Yes, we do .

All the more reason to turn Scouse2 over twice in the league this year.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal
 
Posts: 11762
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: VAR

Postby walshawblue » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:10 am

Article on the BBC website The premier league trends states

9 spot kicks given by VAR 3 to the scum

30 incidents looked at but only 6 overturned including 2 goals ruled out for Gabriel Jesus

is this an indication of how bent it is ?
BORN TO BE BLUE
User avatar
walshawblue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals
 
Posts: 936
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:37 pm
Location: Radcliffe
Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: VAR

Postby salford city » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:26 am

Am in Spain at the in-laws at present. Last night Racing played Cadiz. There were two contentious penalty decisions - both of which went to VAR. The first was for the ball striking a defender's hand which it did albeit accidentally. The second given in around the 96th minute, after having 7 mins added on for the first review, was also for the ball striking a defenders hand. This one was a little bit harsh IMHO as the defender had gone to ground with his hand up & the ball struck his hand

After lengthy delays & reviews, on both occasions the referee consulted the video monitor & gave both penalties

What I would say here is that this was consistent, both hand-balls, both not given initially by the referee but given by the on-field referee after he had seen the replays. At least in this case, you can see who having the final say which is where we should be in the Premier.

Game went on to over 100 minutes
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:21 pm

Re: VAR

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:35 pm

salford city wrote:Am in Spain at the in-laws at present. Last night Racing played Cadiz. There were two contentious penalty decisions - both of which went to VAR. The first was for the ball striking a defender's hand which it did albeit accidentally. The second given in around the 96th minute, after having 7 mins added on for the first review, was also for the ball striking a defenders hand. This one was a little bit harsh IMHO as the defender had gone to ground with his hand up & the ball struck his hand

After lengthy delays & reviews, on both occasions the referee consulted the video monitor & gave both penalties

What I would say here is that this was consistent, both hand-balls, both not given initially by the referee but given by the on-field referee after he had seen the replays. At least in this case, you can see who having the final say which is where we should be in the Premier.

Game went on to over 100 minutes

I don't think people would mind the game going on a little longer if the correct decision is made. Two things with your post that spring out:

The use of the monitor which we aren't using so the ref cannot be over ruled.

They decide to give a penalty for handball yet we don't but penalise the attackers only.

You know something is up when only one league plays to its own rules.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 37163
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AFKAE, Bing [Bot], bluemoon, Foreverinbluedreams, Google [Bot], harveytravis, johnnyondioline, Majestic-12 [Bot], Mase, stevefromdonny and 27 guests