VAR

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: VAR

Postby PeterParker » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:49 pm

Genuine question: Where is this going with us?

What are the next steps for the club? For us as fans?
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13104
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: VAR

Postby nottsblue » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:38 pm

All four pundits and the woman dipper commentator on Sky were truly astounded at the Wolves goal being disallowed. They aren’t even hiding it now
nottsblue
Joe Mercer's OBE
 
Posts: 19180
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: VAR

Postby PeterParker » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:44 pm

nottsblue wrote:All four pundits and the woman dipper commentator on Sky were truly astounded at the Wolves goal being disallowed. They aren’t even hiding it now


What I don't understand is why are they like this?
Don't they want the league to be competitive? Winning the league with 37 wins, more than half bent, is hardly competitive.

A title race like last year is what they can use to sell the product called "The Premier League".
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13104
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: VAR

Postby Crossie » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:37 pm

Scoring a goal, or seeing one scored is the single best bit of football. It is the entire point of it. Scoring. To put that moment into a flat arsed “hang on a minute” absolutely ruins everything about the game.

Disallowed goals are fine, for the obvious stuff, occasional disallowed goals, but it’s happening in every fucking game. I used to want the correct and fair result, that’s all we could ask for. But it’s taken away the in the moment, I’d rather it live on the edge and the odd injustice happens because the ref didn’t see it.

Who are these cunts in the VAR studio using Sky’s cameras?

Imagine 93:20 going to VAR? It fucking would have as well. Brought back because someone fouled SWP on the touch line. Also Tevez would have been sent off for his foul on Barton.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:51 pm
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Re: VAR

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:57 pm

Crossie wrote:Scoring a goal, or seeing one scored is the single best bit of football. It is the entire point of it. Scoring. To put that moment into a flat arsed “hang on a minute” absolutely ruins everything about the game.

Disallowed goals are fine, for the obvious stuff, occasional disallowed goals, but it’s happening in every fucking game. I used to want the correct and fair result, that’s all we could ask for. But it’s taken away the in the moment, I’d rather it live on the edge and the odd injustice happens because the ref didn’t see it.

Who are these cunts in the VAR studio using Sky’s cameras?

Imagine 93:20 going to VAR? It fucking would have as well. Brought back because someone fouled SWP on the touch line. Also Tevez would have been sent off for his foul on Barton.


All these images of millimeter offsides is worthless as it doesn’t show the ball being released at that exact time .

It’s impossible to see a foto finish of ball release and players in any kind of forward position to make a decision towards them being supposedly offside .

It’s been said a billion times - the VAR people show what they want to show to all and sundry to back up their bent decisions .

It’s ruined the game .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 25288
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Supporter of: Man City

Re: VAR

Postby PeterParker » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:02 pm

Crossie wrote:Scoring a goal, or seeing one scored is the single best bit of football. It is the entire point of it. Scoring. To put that moment into a flat arsed “hang on a minute” absolutely ruins everything about the game.

Disallowed goals are fine, for the obvious stuff, occasional disallowed goals, but it’s happening in every fucking game. I used to want the correct and fair result, that’s all we could ask for. But it’s taken away the in the moment, I’d rather it live on the edge and the odd injustice happens because the ref didn’t see it.

Who are these cunts in the VAR studio using Sky’s cameras?

Imagine 93:20 going to VAR? It fucking would have as well. Brought back because someone fouled SWP on the touch line. Also Tevez would have been sent off for his foul on Barton.


93:20 with VAR is the stuff of nightmares.
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13104
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: VAR

Postby zuricity » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:12 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Crossie wrote:Scoring a goal, or seeing one scored is the single best bit of football. It is the entire point of it. Scoring. To put that moment into a flat arsed “hang on a minute” absolutely ruins everything about the game.

Disallowed goals are fine, for the obvious stuff, occasional disallowed goals, but it’s happening in every fucking game. I used to want the correct and fair result, that’s all we could ask for. But it’s taken away the in the moment, I’d rather it live on the edge and the odd injustice happens because the ref didn’t see it.

Who are these cunts in the VAR studio using Sky’s cameras?

Imagine 93:20 going to VAR? It fucking would have as well. Brought back because someone fouled SWP on the touch line. Also Tevez would have been sent off for his foul on Barton.


All these images of millimeter offsides is worthless as it doesn’t show the ball being released at that exact time .

It’s impossible to see a foto finish of ball release and players in any kind of forward position to make a decision towards them being supposedly offside .

It’s been said a billion times - the VAR people show what they want to show to all and sundry to back up their bent decisions .

It’s ruined the game .



I work on systems that perform over 170,000 two phase commited transactions a second . That's right 170,000.

Now , the cpu power is there.

But , as you say , how do you know the ball has been release by the passer ( foot , or in Llalanas case shoulder/arm) ?

We measured one of these photo tan based systems doing four million i/o's per second . So how many ios was the monitoring system doing at the same time?

The capacity is there. The operators are either knowingly blind or corrupt.

I am afraid VAR is being used incorrectly.

If you start ectasketching possible lines on a picture that isn't even inline with the offside player , you are setting yourself up for some legal case , eventually.
Last edited by zuricity on Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12395
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: VAR

Postby Simister » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:13 pm

Van Dyke NON-handball before the Liverpool goal...


https://twitter.com/ironmanrip/status/1211338915078168576?s=21
Simister
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy
 
Posts: 464
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:36 pm
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: SWP

Re: VAR

Postby zuricity » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:16 pm

Simister wrote:Van Dyke NON-handball before the Liverpool goal...


https://twitter.com/ironmanrip/status/1211338915078168576?s=21


It was a handball, but more than 83 moves ago , so it doesn't count.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12395
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: VAR

Postby Scatman » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:25 pm

Crossie wrote:Scoring a goal, or seeing one scored is the single best bit of football. It is the entire point of it. Scoring. To put that moment into a flat arsed “hang on a minute” absolutely ruins everything about the game.

Disallowed goals are fine, for the obvious stuff, occasional disallowed goals, but it’s happening in every fucking game. I used to want the correct and fair result, that’s all we could ask for. But it’s taken away the in the moment, I’d rather it live on the edge and the odd injustice happens because the ref didn’t see it.

Who are these cunts in the VAR studio using Sky’s cameras?


Imagine 93:20 going to VAR? It fucking would have as well. Brought back because someone fouled SWP on the touch line. Also Tevez would have been sent off for his foul on Barton.


No doubt Balo's shoulder goal would've been disallowed as well
Scatman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3677
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:06 am
Location: Manchester

Re: VAR

Postby Simister » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:28 pm

zuricity wrote:
Simister wrote:Van Dyke NON-handball before the Liverpool goal...


https://twitter.com/ironmanrip/status/1211338915078168576?s=21


It was a handball, but more than 83 moves ago , so it doesn't count.



??? two touches before
Simister
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy
 
Posts: 464
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:36 pm
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: SWP

Re: VAR

Postby PrezIke » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:29 am



Image

Image
Razza | Boo Bwoy Extrodanaire
User avatar
PrezIke
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6626
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: 'N Why See
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Re: VAR

Postby zuricity » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:15 am

Simister wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Simister wrote:Van Dyke NON-handball before the Liverpool goal...


https://twitter.com/ironmanrip/status/1211338915078168576?s=21


It was a handball, but more than 83 moves ago , so it doesn't count.



??? two touches before


yes i know, i think in the game thread somebody pointed out 82 moves or something beforehand, there may have been an infringement and therefore our first goal may not stand . Even though city gained possion fairly. Hence the lighthearted jibe at scouse. I mean, even on the highlights of the game snippets dick van dykes handball was not shown.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12395
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: VAR

Postby zuricity » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:51 am

Klopp is a hypocrite. When Firminos goal was disallowed he bitched and moaned about an armpit position in these stupid etch- a- sketch examples the VAR refs are using.

yet the position of a hand and not the torso of a player was used yesterday .

Klopp claimed last night 'If he is offside, he is offside'

Two things , one ,VAR processing by refs is totally inconsistent and two, Klopp is a hypocrite .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12395
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: VAR

Postby sheblue » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:29 am

VAR is shite.
The wolves goal and the Sheffield utd goals both should have stood yesterday.

We cant have it both ways.

A toe nail, a hair, a cock millimetres ahead is not offside in my book.
Thought it had to be clear and obvious, which these decisions are not.
It's just a fraude.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8001
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:28 pm
Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Re: VAR

Postby mr_nool » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:13 am

sheblue wrote:VAR is shite.
The wolves goal and the Sheffield utd goals both should have stood yesterday.

We cant have it both ways.

A toe nail, a hair, a cock millimetres ahead is not offside in my book.
Thought it had to be clear and obvious, which these decisions are not.
It's just a fraude.


In case of doubt, favour the attacking side. That has always been the rule to promote attacking football and to see more goals scored.

But, for some reason, this season they seem to go out of their way to disallow goals. Why? It's not made the game fairer, just boring and frustrating.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
User avatar
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Agueroooo's 93:20 League Winner
 
Posts: 23818
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:48 am
Location: Utrecht

Re: VAR

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:16 am

mr_nool wrote:
sheblue wrote:VAR is shite.
The wolves goal and the Sheffield utd goals both should have stood yesterday.

We cant have it both ways.

A toe nail, a hair, a cock millimetres ahead is not offside in my book.
Thought it had to be clear and obvious, which these decisions are not.
It's just a fraude.


In case of doubt, favour the attacking side. That has always been the rule to promote attacking football and to see more goals scored.

But, for some reason, this season they seem to go out of their way to disallow goals. Why? It's not made the game fairer, just boring and frustrating.


Sheffield United fans on the train were saying they have had 6 goals ruled out by VAR this season, and its only halfway through. VAR is certainly favouring defenders at the moment.
User avatar
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4238
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:55 am
Location: Wild country near Glossop
Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: VAR

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:16 am

Did the Wolves manager mention it after the game?
Mase
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 25007
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: VAR

Postby patrickblue » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:05 pm

When they were discussing it on motd they were saying that they should turn around the offside rule so that if any part of the body a player can score with is onside, the player is onside.
Sounds good to me.

And while we're on offside rules, why are players knocking in rebounds from the keeper being given offside. When was that changed?
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5390
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Newbury Berks
Supporter of: City

Re: VAR

Postby zuricity » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:13 pm

patrickblue wrote:When they were discussing it on motd they were saying that they should turn around the offside rule so that if any part of the body a player can score with is onside, the player is onside.
Sounds good to me.

And while we're on offside rules, why are players knocking in rebounds from the keeper being given offside. When was that changed?


The current wiki definition appears to be the same as the FA's definition in that the
arm and hand is not included in an offside, only the head , body , legs and feet . So why was the hand used as an excuse at Klanfield yesterday ?

i mean , it makes sense that the hands and arms would not be considered because playing the ball with the hand or arm results in a handball situation.

Apart from the fact that if we didn't have arms and hands we'd be extinct.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12395
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ShimmyShaker and 47 guests