VAR

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: VAR

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:12 pm

City64 wrote:Huge news regarding VAR tonight . FIFA has taken complete control of VAR and it’s assistants . Out PL VAR will no longer be run by the clowns doing it now , the same applies to all other leagues worldwide. Think Wenger is the man behind this ?

Maybe they have found evidence its being used by BENT BASTARDS, the world over, and to avoid a world wide scandal they decided to take action now ............ to brush it all under the carpet before it gets out!!

I'm full of conspiracy theories today.!!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby zuricity » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:23 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
City64 wrote:Huge news regarding VAR tonight . FIFA has taken complete control of VAR and it’s assistants . Out PL VAR will no longer be run by the clowns doing it now , the same applies to all other leagues worldwide. Think Wenger is the man behind this ?

Maybe they have found evidence its being used by BENT BASTARDS, the world over, and to avoid a world wide scandal they decided to take action now ............ to brush it all under the carpet before it gets out!!

Take a couple of Bob Martins Carl , should loosen you up.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:34 pm

zuricity wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I remember eating a pack of dog chocs at me grandads house when I was younger....I thought they were chocolate buttons.
I always wondered why his dog looked at me like I was a cunt whenever I went round there.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:36 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
zuricity wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I remember eating a pack of dog chocs at me grandads house when I was younger....I thought they were chocolate buttons.
I always wondered why his dog looked at me like I was a cunt whenever I went round there.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:32 pm

Got a link, mate, be interested to see how they manage it?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby City64 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:45 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/ ... 7951095816
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:23 am

City64 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/ ... 7951095816

From where did they take full control? Liverpool Football Club?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:08 am

Dermot Gallagher said there were three VAR errors in one night: penalties wrongly given for rags and Southampton, and wrongly denied for Spuds. That last one was forgivable as it was Mourinho, but VAR was supposed to improve decision making not make it worse.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:45 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Dermot Gallagher said there were three VAR errors in one night: penalties wrongly given for rags and Southampton, and wrongly denied for Spuds. That last one was forgivable as it was Mourinho, but VAR was supposed to improve decision making not make it worse.

I’ve said this before - it’s so open to a betting scam that it’s madness to say it isn’t .
These corrupt decisions were always going to continue as there is zero accountability.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:13 pm

Even if you don’t accept the agenda against City argument, it is obvious there will be some corruption in football, with the amount of money involved. No business sector that size can be immune from it. My friends are shocked when I say this, but it is common sense.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:21 pm

Those two pens in the Juve-Lyon match were awful. VAR is broken since it didn't overturn those two
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:21 pm

Last edited by Saul Goodman on Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:58 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Those two pens in the Juve-Lyon match were awful. VAR is broken since it didn't overturn those two

Is it still in use? There was two in our game that were worth a look and I heard/saw nothing about a check. Now I think one was correct in not being given and one was 60/40 so not clear and obvious, but I’d still normally know there was a check done.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Plain Speaking » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:04 am

Saul Goodman wrote:Those two pens in the Juve-Lyon match were awful. VAR is broken since it didn't overturn those two

Agreed. For the Depay handball his arm could not have been closer to his body, it wasn't in any way sticking out. The ref motioned with his arm to the side that he had moved it, completely wrong.

The first penalty was also wrong but from his angle you can understand why the ref gave it. As you say VAR just not doing it's job.

I looked up the ref because I was outraged about the Depay handball. According to Wikipedia, the referee, Felix Zwayer, has previously been suspended for match fixing!

"In 2005, Zwayer was involved in the match fixing scandal, referee Robert Hoyzer, who took bribes to fix several matches which he officiated. Zwayer assisted him in a match and accepted a bribe of 300 euros. He was subsequently banned from refereeing for 6 months"

For those interested YouTube link to the incidents in match highlights:
https://youtu.be/-LO0yy09tGk
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:11 pm

Referee David Coote taken OFF VAR duty for Liverpool's clash against Leicester after fan backlash ahead of what would have been his first Reds match since allowing Jordan Pickford's lunge on Virgil van Dijk to go unpunished in Merseyside derby
David Coote taken off VAR duty and replaced by Andre Marriner for Liverpool's game against

It would have been his first Liverpool match since his controversial performance in the Merseyside derby - where he failed to punish Jordan Pickford for a reckless challenge on Virgil van Dijk.

So the dippers get to replace who they don't like in the VAR office .

Lovely.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:42 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Referee David Coote taken OFF VAR duty for Liverpool's clash against Leicester after fan backlash ahead of what would have been his first Reds match since allowing Jordan Pickford's lunge on Virgil van Dijk to go unpunished in Merseyside derby
David Coote taken off VAR duty and replaced by Andre Marriner for Liverpool's game against

It would have been his first Liverpool match since his controversial performance in the Merseyside derby - where he failed to punish Jordan Pickford for a reckless challenge on Virgil van Dijk.

Lovely.

I just hope that PiGMOL take this seriously by backing their selection and ensuring he plays a blinder in favour of anything Dipper.

Sounds desperate to me.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:29 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Referee David Coote taken OFF VAR duty for Liverpool's clash against Leicester after fan backlash ahead of what would have been his first Reds match since allowing Jordan Pickford's lunge on Virgil van Dijk to go unpunished in Merseyside derby

Lovely.

Carl, have you a link so I can shove it up the arse of scousers please?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:58 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

Lovely.

Carl, have you a link so I can shove it up the arse of scousers please?

The dipper one wont mention the fans outrage https://www.caughtoffside.com/2020/11/1 ... leicester/ but this one does https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ester.html
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:44 am

The Cult of Cunts
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby salford city » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:39 am

Now the special tablets are not working due to increased testing and the injuries are beginning to bite, this comes as no surprise, we need to win at Spurs to turn the screw before they play Leicester. Be interesting to see whether Leicester get the same favourable pengy calls - somehow, I doubt it
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum