VAR

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: VAR

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:21 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I think the rugby version can be the key where you can hear what they are talking during decisions. Hear the discussion between them.

But that will never happen.

It would end up like a Romanian league 3 game and fans would be running on to twat the ref :lol:

Please, please, 4th league. :lol:
In the 3rd they are busy with Bet365 and other similar sites.

:D
Hutch's Shoulder
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby City64 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:18 pm

budfox wrote:My suspicion on the handball is that it was shot on a camera that was not available to the broadcaster/VAR team, just one put in place by a photographer or a journalist. The technical quality isn't up to the broadcast footage, most likely because it was shot on a GoPro or similar, recording in super-slomo. Something like 200 frames per second I'd guess.

As to VAR, it's very easy to say it helps to deliver correct decisions, but it absolutely is killing the essence of the game and no fans should have to go through the ecstasy/agony we all suffered this week. I'd be more tolerant of it if the discussions were made freely available to all, just like in rugby, but as it stands it is a tool that can be used to influence the outcome of a game. Sour grapes? Well Spurs fans would say so, but there is absolutely no way that if Barca scored that goal it would have been reviewed.

Furthermore, if getting more decisions right is the justification for VAR, then it might be nice if the referees started following the laws to the letter as well. In every game you will see countless fouls in penalty area jostling not given, and the amount of dissent that goes unpunished is farcical. (Law 12, dissent by word or action is a yellow card offence). Then what about simulation? Salah should have picked up at least a dozen yellows this season for diving. Simulation is also a straight yellow.

So we have a VAR system that determined the outcome of a massive game, because someone was offside by a few inches for a split second, but countless other offences go by the wayside due to inconsistent refereeing and a reluctance to enforce the very clear laws of the game.

Excellent post pal .
Not really here
City64
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:20 am

Nevermind City and VAR, poor Hammers clearly cheated out of a 3-1 status, when officials flag an offside. Shocking officiating.

I suppose , since the new rule to give handball irrespective of intention next season, means the rags will go back to their old tricks of flicking the ball up in the air onto your arm , since they can't dribble past players.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby dazby » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:36 pm

City64 wrote:
budfox wrote:My suspicion on the handball is that it was shot on a camera that was not available to the broadcaster/VAR team, just one put in place by a photographer or a journalist. The technical quality isn't up to the broadcast footage, most likely because it was shot on a GoPro or similar, recording in super-slomo. Something like 200 frames per second I'd guess.

As to VAR, it's very easy to say it helps to deliver correct decisions, but it absolutely is killing the essence of the game and no fans should have to go through the ecstasy/agony we all suffered this week. I'd be more tolerant of it if the discussions were made freely available to all, just like in rugby, but as it stands it is a tool that can be used to influence the outcome of a game. Sour grapes? Well Spurs fans would say so, but there is absolutely no way that if Barca scored that goal it would have been reviewed.

Furthermore, if getting more decisions right is the justification for VAR, then it might be nice if the referees started following the laws to the letter as well. In every game you will see countless fouls in penalty area jostling not given, and the amount of dissent that goes unpunished is farcical. (Law 12, dissent by word or action is a yellow card offence). Then what about simulation? Salah should have picked up at least a dozen yellows this season for diving. Simulation is also a straight yellow.

So we have a VAR system that determined the outcome of a massive game, because someone was offside by a few inches for a split second, but countless other offences go by the wayside due to inconsistent refereeing and a reluctance to enforce the very clear laws of the game.

Excellent post pal .

You are spot on with this Budfox. I was chatting to a ref yesterday, and the VAR may only access "official" camera views, despite whatever else may be available.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: BendyMendy

Postby PeterParker » Thu May 16, 2019 7:59 am

If this is legit ... :shock: :shock: :shock:

PeterParker
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike