Sanè situation

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Sanè situation

Postby Mase » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:47 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
Mase wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:No one is doubting Sane's skill. But there are times he switches off and there's gotta be something about his personality.
Today he was fantastic though but that's not really a surprise; he surely has been taking Pep's guidance into account.

Do you have examples where he's switched off mate?

Sorry, I'm not going to go back and comb through videotape. I just remember seeing it. Or he loses the ball too often.

I think he's incredible and very valuable to the side but Pep isn't not playing just to be a dick to him.

I did show further up he doesn't give the ball away that much with facts mate.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby mr_nool » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:58 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Ok then...If you wont take my word for it then take Martin Samuels.

It was in the final 45 minutes that the real City turned up. They had seemed nervy before half-time, slower than usual, to Pep Guardiola's immense annoyance.

That changed once he got into them and with the fortuitous introduction of Leroy Sane after 51 minutes.

Fortuitous because he came on for Fernandinho, who went off injured after a bruising – although entirely fair – tackle with Paul Pogba.

It was Wayne Rooney who described how Pogba hurt players in the tackle without even intending it. He was just build that way. Fernandinho seemed to get a foot stuck in the turf challenging him. Bold as ever, Guardiola dropped Ilkay Gundogan into his position and brought on a flying wideman, Sane. That changed City, and the game.

They got faster, became ferociously hard to contain, started dictating the play at the pace the manager demanded.

I rest my case.

If you look at the game in hindsight, why don't you mention how Gundo performed in the second half? You were screaming for him to come off during the first half. You are not interested in debate, only in scoring cheap points and drop "I told you so's" , like some fucking mister know it all.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby lovecity8utd » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:58 pm

mr_nool wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Ok then...If you wont take my word for it then take Martin Samuels.

It was in the final 45 minutes that the real City turned up. They had seemed nervy before half-time, slower than usual, to Pep Guardiola's immense annoyance.

That changed once he got into them and with the fortuitous introduction of Leroy Sane after 51 minutes.

Fortuitous because he came on for Fernandinho, who went off injured after a bruising – although entirely fair – tackle with Paul Pogba.

It was Wayne Rooney who described how Pogba hurt players in the tackle without even intending it. He was just build that way. Fernandinho seemed to get a foot stuck in the turf challenging him. Bold as ever, Guardiola dropped Ilkay Gundogan into his position and brought on a flying wideman, Sane. That changed City, and the game.

They got faster, became ferociously hard to contain, started dictating the play at the pace the manager demanded.

I rest my case.

If you look at the game in hindsight, why don't you mention how Gundo performed in the second half? You were screaming for him to come off during the first half. You are not interested in debate, only in scoring cheap points and drop "I told you so's" , like some fucking mister know it all.

+1
lovecity8utd
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: City's 11

Postby bigblue » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:01 pm

lovecity8utd wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

I rest my case.

+1

plus 2
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:15 pm

mr_nool wrote:

I rest my case.

Gundogan was exceptional when he dropped back, it seemed the game was passing him by prior to that.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:41 pm

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:57 pm

Martin Keown.

In a strange way, the second-half injury to Fernandinho actually did Guardiola a favour. It was a blessing in disguise.

It saw Leroy Sane come off the substitutes' bench and make City look more balanced.
Fernandinho went off, Sane joined the forwards and Bernardo was able to return to his best position, which is on the right-hand side of the three-man midfield.

The opening goal came from the right, too.

City were using the left wing far too much at Old Trafford, with Oleksandr Zinchenko charging down that side. It was all left, left, left and I thought they should switch it. Once they did, once they finally entered the territory where Paul Pogba should have been patrolling, they scored.

Sane coming on changed the game on its head , Martin Samuels already said so and so did Martin keown....the fucking knowalls eh !!

We need to keep this shape in the remaining 3 games...if we do we will win them.

On a side note , this is good news .

Leroy Sane added a second 10-goal season to his Premier League resume on Wednesday when Man City beat Manchester United 2-0 at Old Trafford.

That he did so in about 650 less minutes says something about his growth and patience as Pep Guardiola has opted to focus on other options in attack.

“The mood is obviously you want to play every game but in this squad it’s sometimes normal that you can sit on the bench,” Sane said in a post-match pitch-side talk with the NBCSN crew.

“It’s why I’m not really disappointed. I think in my own head to work harder and stay focused. On the pitch there are really good players playing good. I appreciate it, I enjoy it, and I can learn from this.”

Arlo White asked Sterling whether he believes City are the favorites to win the Premier League title. Liverpool is a point behind City, but has two of its three remaining matches at home compared to City’s one.

“It’s hard to say,” Sane said. “There’s a lot of pressure from Liverpool, but we stay focused on game to game. We have it in our own hands, so just stay focused, and try to win the last three games.”
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:09 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Martin Keown.

In a strange way, the second-half injury to Fernandinho actually did Guardiola a favour. It was a blessing in disguise.

It saw Leroy Sane come off the substitutes' bench and make City look more balanced.
Fernandinho went off, Sane joined the forwards and Bernardo was able to return to his best position, which is on the right-hand side of the three-man midfield.

The opening goal came from the right, too.

City were using the left wing far too much at Old Trafford, with Oleksandr Zinchenko charging down that side. It was all left, left, left and I thought they should switch it. Once they did, once they finally entered the territory where Paul Pogba should have been patrolling, they scored.

Sane coming on changed the game on its head , Martin Samuels already said so and so did Martin keown....the fucking knowalls eh !!

We need to keep this shape in the remaining 3 games...if we do we will win them.

On a side note , this is good news .

Leroy Sane added a second 10-goal season to his Premier League resume on Wednesday when Man City beat Manchester United 2-0 at Old Trafford.

That he did so in about 650 less minutes says something about his growth and patience as Pep Guardiola has opted to focus on other options in attack.

“The mood is obviously you want to play every game but in this squad it’s sometimes normal that you can sit on the bench,” Sane said in a post-match pitch-side talk with the NBCSN crew.

“It’s why I’m not really disappointed. I think in my own head to work harder and stay focused. On the pitch there are really good players playing good. I appreciate it, I enjoy it, and I can learn from this.”

Arlo White asked Sterling whether he believes City are the favorites to win the Premier League title. Liverpool is a point behind City, but has two of its three remaining matches at home compared to City’s one.

“It’s hard to say,” Sane said. “There’s a lot of pressure from Liverpool, but we stay focused on game to game. We have it in our own hands, so just stay focused, and try to win the last three games.”

Yeah I agree with this.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:41 am

Pep Guardiola admitted he is very demanding of Leroy Sane because he wants him to reach his potential after the winger's fine display against Manchester United.
Pep Guardiola admitted he sometimes likes to criticise Sane following the derby win
There have been suggestions that City are struggling to tie Sane down to a new deal with two years left on his current contract — and that his head may have been turned amid a potential move away.
Bayern Munich are thought to be keen. But Guardiola suggested his tough love when it comes to Sane is only because he wants him to achieve all he can.

'At half-time Fernandinho had little muscular problems in both legs. I thought to put Leroy in maybe later but the way he came in was incredible,' Guardiola said after the game.

'In that position he made our game quicker. Leroy attacking the byline is a special player.
'I am so demanding of him and sometimes I like to be critical of him.
'We know his potential and we want to help him to be more consistent in his game.

'Not just in his actions with the ball, without too, and today he was so good and played at a high level.'
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:51 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Pep Guardiola admitted he is very demanding of Leroy Sane because he wants him to reach his potential after the winger's fine display against Manchester United.
Pep Guardiola admitted he sometimes likes to criticise Sane following the derby win
There have been suggestions that City are struggling to tie Sane down to a new deal with two years left on his current contract — and that his head may have been turned amid a potential move away.
Bayern Munich are thought to be keen. But Guardiola suggested his tough love when it comes to Sane is only because he wants him to achieve all he can.

'At half-time Fernandinho had little muscular problems in both legs. I thought to put Leroy in maybe later but the way he came in was incredible,' Guardiola said after the game.

'In that position he made our game quicker. Leroy attacking the byline is a special player.
'We know his potential and we want to help him to be more consistent in his game.

'Not just in his actions with the ball, without too, and today he was so good and played at a high level.'

Yeah so basically Pep knows more about Leroy,s game than you do Carl , nice one pal .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:56 am

Leroy is a player who has the raw ability to hurt teams.
Its nuts he has been sidelined recently.
I love pep he is brilliant, but he does make some glaring mistakes.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:00 pm

City64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Pep Guardiola admitted he is very demanding of Leroy Sane because he wants him to reach his potential after the winger's fine display against Manchester United.

Yeah so basically Pep knows more about Leroy,s game than you do Carl , nice one pal .

Wtf are you on about you pleb ??

Sane coming on changed the game and game plan...that was the whole point of the discussion.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:03 pm

sheblue wrote:Leroy is a player who has the raw ability to hurt teams.

Some people on here are just plain thick...him coming on changed the game (Its that simple ) yet you will still have thick cunts who will put another slant on it claiming otherwise.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:12 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Some people on here are just plain thick...him coming on changed the game (Its that simple ) yet you will still have thick cunts who will put another slant on it claiming otherwise.

And he didn't come on because Fern had a problem. Ok so away with you.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby mr_nool » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:14 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Here we go being a smug bastard again.

I never claimed Leroy didn't play well. He did. But I do think we started the second half much better than we were in the first. Would we have kept that up if Fern hadn't got injured after 6 minutes? I don't know? You make it sound like it was only down to Sané coming on, without taking anything else in to consideration. We were already playing better, the rags had ran themselves ragged in the first half, etc. It's like there's only room for two options in your head. Right or wrong, black or white, shite or great.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby City64 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:24 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
City64 wrote:

Sane coming on changed the game and game plan...that was the whole point of the discussion.

Really ? I thought it was all about you fat boy ? David Silva last night fucking immense, you wrote him off and convinced yourself he was shit . Leroy brilliant last night just needs to do it for 90 minutes, think pep knows that better anyone else even you and your massive fucking ego !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:25 pm

mr_nool wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Here we go being a smug bastard again.

I never claimed Leroy didn't play well. He did. But I do think we started the second half much better than we were in the first. Would we have kept that up if Fern hadn't got injured after 6 minutes? I don't know? You make it sound like it was only down to Sané coming on, without taking anything else in to consideration. We were already playing better, the rags had ran themselves ragged in the first half, etc. It's like there's only room for two options in your head. Right or wrong, black or white, shite or great.

When you have all and sundry (Pundits , ex players etc ) claiming the introduction of sane changed the game , then I dont know what fuckign else to say to you.
I think you like to disagree / argue on any point just for the fuckign sake of it.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:26 pm

Nuts ? Nuts ? You another who knows more pep ? Oh right do carry on .......
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:36 pm

City64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
City64 wrote:

Really ? I thought it was all about you fat boy ? David Silva last night fucking immense, you wrote him off and convinced yourself he was shit . Leroy brilliant last night just needs to do it for 90 minutes, think pep knows that better anyone else even you and your massive fucking ego !

Fat boy ? ....FYI ,NT is a funny guy and he makes me laugh when he comes out with his insults, but you are definitely not a funny guy and it just doesn't work for you. Stick to the drinking of 20 pints a day and leave the funnies to the funny guys.

I have already said DS played like the DS of old and he needed to after a below par few months and Im happy he played that way.

FYI - Leroy seldom plays for 90 minutes but hopefully after his game changing appearance , PeP will play him more.

Now trot off and do what you do best.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:56 pm

From what I have seen of Sane, he has the potential to be a world beater, pace to spare, vicious shot, good on free kicks and fit as you want.
Should start most games for me, and, it worries me he doesn’t, can see us losing him unless things change.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum