Sanè situation

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Sanè situation

Postby Dubciteh » Sat May 25, 2019 8:56 am

Just watched all the goals from this season, up until about march Sane was instrumental. Will be hard to replace what he brings.

I say keep him at nearly all costs.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Sat May 25, 2019 9:24 am

Dubciteh wrote:Just watched all the goals from this season, up until about march Sane was instrumental. Will be hard to replace what he brings.

People have short memories mate. Against Burnley it was "this is why Sanè doesn't start" let's go back to the winner against the Scousers and say "this is why Sanè should start"
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Outcast » Sat May 25, 2019 10:12 am

Mase wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:Just watched all the goals from this season, up until about march Sane was instrumental. Will be hard to replace what he brings.

People have short memories mate. Against Burnley it was "this is why Sanè doesn't start" let's go back to the winner against the Scousers and say "this is why Sanè should start"

That's just 'Otter' bull! His performances have slightly dipped, maybe the munchen turned his head, no one is doubting his talent, however the club comes first and we should never undermine the manager, feel free to question and challenge his tactics and selections. The hierarchy must never ask the manager to start a certain player just to keep him at the club, we are not the chavs. Sane is good enough to retain a regural first team spot, but he'll have to earn it by working even harder. I dont doubt his talent, he has the attributes to be one of the best, the question is, does he has the desire to do it with us?
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Sat May 25, 2019 10:13 am

New deal fuck BM !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Sat May 25, 2019 10:33 am

Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:

That's just 'Otter' bull! His performances have slightly dipped, maybe the munchen turned his head, no one is doubting his talent, however the club comes first and we should never undermine the manager, feel free to question and challenge his tactics and selections. The hierarchy must never ask the manager to start a certain player just to keep him at the club, we are not the chavs. Sane is good enough to retain a regural first team spot, but he'll have to earn it by working even harder. I dont doubt his talent, he has the attributes to be one of the best, the question is, does he has the desire to do it with us?

Look back at the match threads mate.

Also, when has he not shown desire? Don't mistake frustration for lack of desire. You want to see no desire look at Sanchez at the rags
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat May 25, 2019 10:47 am

The club seems to be trying to get him to sign that new deal, I really hope he does. If he doesn't sign it then we have to cash in, I don't want us to deal with Bayern but who else is going to pay us what he's worth?

As for the argument about his performances, the lad is top quality but he appears to lack fight at times, look at how Sterling and Bernardo press, they're relentless, Sane doesn't consistently show that same desire.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Sat May 25, 2019 10:55 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:The club seems to be trying to get him to sign that new deal, I really hope he does. If he doesn't sign it then we have to cash in, I don't want us to deal with Bayern but who else is going to pay us what he's worth?

As for the argument about his performances, the lad is top quality but he appears to lack fight at times, look at how Sterling and Bernardo press, they're relentless, Sane doesn't consistently show that same desire.

I watched Sanè when he came on against Watford and when he lost the ball he was legging it after the Watford players. I think he knows and he tries. Not everyone can be Bernardo, it's not their game and I think it's harsh to judge people based on Bernardo's work rate.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat May 25, 2019 10:59 am

Mase wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:The club seems to be trying to get him to sign that new deal, I really hope he does. If he doesn't sign it then we have to cash in, I don't want us to deal with Bayern but who else is going to pay us what he's worth?

I watched Sanè when he came on against Watford and when he lost the ball he was legging it after the Watford players. I think he knows and he tries. Not everyone can be Bernardo, it's not their game and I think it's harsh to judge people based on Bernardo's work rate.

The problem as I see it Mase is that he doesn't do it consistently. I'm not just judging him off Bernardo's standard, Sterling and Jesus put it in consistently too
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Sat May 25, 2019 11:45 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mase wrote:

The problem as I see it Mase is that he doesn't do it consistently. I'm not just judging him off Bernardo's standard, Sterling and Jesus put it in consistently too

I agree about those players mate, but if Pep just wants work rate we might as well see if Dickov fancies a game. Sanè works hard enough imo. And it wasn't even questioned until the second half of this season haha.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat May 25, 2019 12:02 pm

That's just not true mate, when he was left out of Germany's squad last summer the same issues were discussed, he seems to lose focus at times.

And no one is suggesting that Pep just wants workrate, he wants that to go with the quality and the fact there's a contract extension on the table shows Pep believes he can coax that out of Sane on a consistent basis.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Sat May 25, 2019 12:18 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:That's just not true mate, when he was left out of Germany's squad last summer the same issues were discussed, he seems to lose focus at times.

And no one is suggesting that Pep just wants workrate, he wants that to go with the quality and the fact there's a contract extension on the table shows Pep believes he can coax that out of Sane on a consistent basis.

Sanè was left out of the Germany squad last summer after having the best season of his career so far and winning YPOTY :lol:

I'd love for someone to show me a handful examples of him having crap work rate. I've asked a number of times but not had any examples.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat May 25, 2019 12:28 pm

Mase wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:That's just not true mate, when he was left out of Germany's squad last summer the same issues were discussed, he seems to lose focus at times.

Sanè was left out of the Germany squad last summer after having the best season of his career so far and winning YPOTY :lol:

I'd love for someone to show me a handful examples of him having crap work rate. I've asked a number of times but not had any examples.

Which Sterling should've won imo.

I don’t think he has a crap workrate, I think his workrate is fine most of the time.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Sat May 25, 2019 12:43 pm

Mase wrote:

I don’t think he has a crap workrate, I think his workrate is fine most of the time.

Fair enough. Hopefully he signs and we continue to see the improvement in his play.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat May 25, 2019 12:49 pm

Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:

Fair enough. Hopefully he signs and we continue to see the improvement in his play.

Fingers crossed.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat May 25, 2019 2:52 pm

Agreed.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby linwood » Sat May 25, 2019 7:30 pm

He needs to kick on to the next level. At the end of the season he was not in the best 11. If Mendy gets and stays fit (big if) the left attacker role is not required. But we could play with two up front and he could be one of them. He could make a Henry like transition and play a bit more central. I hope he stays, it would be very difficult to replace him.
linwood
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby sheblue » Sat May 25, 2019 11:08 pm

Crazy to let him go and to those cunts Bayern. No fucking way not for 250 mill.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby everyonehatesus » Sat May 25, 2019 11:29 pm

this would be a master class in fucking your own shit up if we let him go, this lad has it an spades. so he may need a bit more man management so what, hes class and has a level of ability very few can dream of,
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sat May 25, 2019 11:59 pm

everyonehatesus wrote:this would be a master class in fucking your own shit up if we let him go, this lad has it an spades. so he may need a bit more man management so what, hes class and has a level of ability very few can dream of,

Fuckin this. Man management. If Pep can't sort him there's more of an issue with Pep imo
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Sun May 26, 2019 7:15 am

Mase wrote:
everyonehatesus wrote:this would be a master class in fucking your own shit up if we let him go, this lad has it an spades. so he may need a bit more man management so what, hes class and has a level of ability very few can dream of,

Fuckin this. Man management. If Pep can't sort him there's more of an issue with Pep imo

I want Sane to stay if only because he Trent Alexanders number, would love to know if he wants a new deal £300 k get it done.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum