Sanè situation

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Sanè situation

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:21 pm

Not wanting to poke the fire but just been told that we're having to sell for £110 mil as the Sheikh is a little skint of his Dirty Arab Oil Money and being forced to sell by the the equally human abusing, polluting Chinese.

You heard it here first.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby JamieMCFC » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:42 pm

Not sure how reliable Martin Blackburn is

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:02 pm

Sadly I think hes off. Hes so talented and unmarkable when he's on top of his game. This also likely means that Mahrez will be used more which isnt a good thing.

At least itll be for alot of money, and if we're honest the Sterling-Bernardo pairing is the best
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:14 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Sadly I think hes off. Hes so talented and unmarkable when he's on top of his game. This also likely means that Mahrez will be used more which isnt a good thing.

At least itll be for alot of money, and if we're honest the Sterling-Bernardo pairing is the best

150 mil would ease our pains.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby sheblue » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:10 pm

Cant see the Munich's paying what we want.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PrezIke » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:18 am

Leroy is a great talent that we all know oozes potential but has flaws some non-City PL fans don't see as he's a very MOTD ready player for his ability to do the spectacular.

I'm a huge Sane fan, but we know he can disappear, look disinterested, give the ball away from over-dribbling partially because he is very one footed and seems to matter (more than Bernardo, for example) & doesn't always track back like all other City players. I think Pep wants him to stay now as he's a pet project, and I do as well, but Leroy hasn't improved under his guidance as much as Raz or Kun who we can't forget appeared almost on his way out 2 seasons ago and stayed because he worked hard to improve getting him game time over the at the time preferred, Gabi.

There's A LOT of competition on the wings (Mahrez had a great summer + Raz did well on the left last season and might play there more, and Bernardo is best arguably on the right). This is confounded by the reality that he can only play on the left.

No announced fee = no sale possible. Now with a fee stated, massive as it is, we see that City/Pep are reluctantly willing to sell & for what fee. I really hope he stays, but if he doesn't show growth this season I believe Pep will let him go and City will push for Mbappe or perhaps try to bring back Sancho, who's also HG.
Last edited by PrezIke on Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:43 am, edited 6 times in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:22 am

sheblue wrote:Cant see the Munich's paying what we want.

Me neither...but that's for now. Wait a season and the fee goes down a lot.

This was a stay away for now warning shot, but not forever.

If Leroy doesn't do better this season I think Pep will let him go, and it will be for much less.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PrezIke » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:42 am

Outcast wrote:
sheblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
sheblue wrote:He can go for 150m if he really wants to.

I'd hold out for well over £100 million. Bayern did this with that kid from Chelsea and he's just fucked off the Munich twats and signed a long term deal with Chelsea

If a player wants to go ultimately its best to let them go. But we dont have a great selling record and that's a worry.

That's because we dont sell our best players in their prime. Granted, Leory is talented but he's been a bench warmer of late and those krauts cant even get it over the line. Dont be fooled the munchens are big draw, had Sane played regularly they wouldn't even get close.

Pep will if he doesn't think they want to stay or aren't improving enough.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PrezIke » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:49 am

sheblue wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
sheblue wrote:What a load of bollocks all this is. A complete bore of a story. At this stage either sign the fucking contract and pocket the mill from puma or go to fucking Munich.
How much do these greedy cunts want.

Spoilt bratty footballers eh..

I think Leroy wants to play more regularly and knows Pep has some concerns about his development. I don't think this is about money.

It's possibly better for him to stay at City, even for his "brand" as the PL gets more exposure than the Bundesliga, but he will play more for Bayern given their squad situation compared to here where he will have to fight to get games.

Its not all about money, I was letting off a bit of steam there, my dislike of the modern footballers mentality! That said money is a significant factor.
If he is good enough (which he is) believes in and backs himself then he should be chomping at the bit to stay with this team, with this manager, knuckle down and fight for his place. Going to Bayern is a step down for him in my view, a glorified celtic running away with their league every year, what it 7 or 8 leagues in a row now. No real challenge in that for him, unless he believes such a move will benefit him with the national team.

Reportedly, there's a 200k/week contract on the table for Leroy, so again don't really even see this about money.

Also, to me, footballers at this level and of the requisite quality are entitled to massive wages because the market for global football is insane today. Apparently, if Ronaldo asked for a fee for one of his tweets on Twitter just one would be worth £740k. Digest that one. Fans pay to see the players and stars. That's how professional sport at the highest level works, so I think they deserve it as it's what the market dictates. Owners earn massive amounts, so why can't the players?That's me though.

I think Leroy wants to stay, but he may want to be more loved because he knows he gets a lot of positive feedback from neutrals and now Bayern want him badly. For Pep, however, it's a question of whether he can get the bad bits out of his game. He surely knows Pep isn't completely satisfied with him after 3 seasons. Mahrez started the final two matches after being dropped and relegated to the end of the bench for some time. How will Leroy respond? We will see this season. I think this is his final hurrah with the club if Pep doesn't approve of his growth.

I hope he does it. We shall see.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PrezIke » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:58 am

Saul Goodman wrote:Sadly I think hes off. Hes so talented and unmarkable when he's on top of his game. This also likely means that Mahrez will be used more which isnt a good thing.

Not this summer for me.

The asking price we've quoted is something Bayern either cannot nor will not meet. It's meant to tell them not now.

Next summer? Possibly. Again, I'm repeating myself, but I think Pep is not entirely sold on Leroy. He's been here 3 seasons and not improved as much as some others.

If he makes marked improvement this season he will play more. It's his lack of game time that's even why Bayern think they can get him in my view. If he was playing every week this would not be even happening, or Leroy would already have signed a new contract. He's not signing because he knows he may not get games until he does what Pep wants, which is a major question mark with him, and a new deal would mean harder to leave as his fee would be too high.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PrezIke » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:01 am

Gundo hasn't re-signed either because I think he worries he won't get games (especially with Rodri, a fit KDB and need for Foden to start more games this season), and it's much easier to move clubs, and of course as a player you can get a bigger contract/bonus, if you leave on a free or via a lower transfer fee due to a contract with 1 season left.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:39 am

PrezIke wrote:Gundo hasn't re-signed either because I think he worries he won't get games (especially with Rodri, a fit KDB and need for Foden to start more games this season), and it's much easier to move clubs, and of course as a player you can get a bigger contract/bonus, if you leave on a free or via a lower transfer fee due to a contract with 1 season left.

Gundo has openly said this will be his last "big" contract and that's why he's stalling. It's about money and nothing else.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nickyboy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:04 am

Mase wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Gundo hasn't re-signed either because I think he worries he won't get games (especially with Rodri, a fit KDB and need for Foden to start more games this season), and it's much easier to move clubs, and of course as a player you can get a bigger contract/bonus, if you leave on a free or via a lower transfer fee due to a contract with 1 season left.

Gundo has openly said this will be his last "big" contract and that's why he's stalling. It's about money and nothing else.

And that's his right. Far better to be honest about it from the off so everyone knows the situation unlike Milner the snake
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:43 am

Now it looks like a possibility he could be off, are there any other decent wingers about? Will Pep go for an out and out winger like Sanè? Or more a Bernard/Raza? Maybe that's why Pep has been harder on Sanè because he is an old school winger and he doesn't like that?

I genuinely can't think of a decent winger that we could get this late on.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PrezIke » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:05 am

Mase, mate, you think Bayern will pay the asking price?

Not a chance to me. He’s here for another season or maybe January at the earliest. No one else is in for him so there’s no market, especially at that fee.

We wouldn’t need to replace now as we could make do with Raz and either Mahrez and Gabi. Next summer for Mbappe or maybe bring back Sancho.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Paul68 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:12 am

Quotes on radio and press this morning we want € 137 million for him - "but he's not for sale"
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby Mase » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:20 am

PrezIke wrote:Mase, mate, you think Bayern will pay the asking price?

Not a chance to me. He’s here for another season or maybe January at the earliest. No one else is in for him so there’s no market, especially at that fee.

We wouldn’t need to replace now as we could make do with Raz and either Mahrez and Gabi. Next summer for Mbappe or maybe bring back Sancho.

I don't think they'll pay that, but I think we'll be a soft touch and just let him go for hardly anything. I hope I'm wrong.

If Mahrez can replicate that one good match at the end of last season he played, we're in for a treat this season!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:28 am

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:32 am

£145mill - that’s better City
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PrezIke » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:44 am

Yeah, that’s the number that was being thrown out today after we sent the letter to Bayern telling them to bugger off with the tapping up.

They’re not paying it and he’s staying for now.

Interesting we’ve heard nothing on the alleged transfer ban after we heard something would come out soon. Since then radio silence. Might wait until after the window shuts in England if it is impending.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum