Sanè situation

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Sanè situation

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:50 pm

He might lose the ball now and again but you can never take away players expressing themselves like he does as they are match winners.

Sane is a match winner and his record assists and goals prove it........do people on this site just fuckign ignore his stats as it doesn't fit their fucking narrative ?

PeP has hardly used him , even in matches where he should and could have used him , he didn't.

If hes not given decent minutes over the upcoming matches I fear Baldy would have forced him into a transfer away....and noone can blame Sane if he does go.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:He might lose the ball now and again but you can never take away players expressing themselves like he does as they are match winners.

Sane is a match winner and his record assists and goals prove it........do people on this site just fuckign ignore his stats as it doesn't fit their fucking narrative ?

PeP has hardly used him , even in matches where he should and could have used him , he didn't.

If hes not given decent minutes over the upcoming matches I fear Baldy would have forced him into a transfer away....and noone can blame Sane if he does go.

Are you unable to post an opinion without calling out other fans for theirs?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:56 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:He might lose the ball now and again but you can never take away players expressing themselves like he does as they are match winners.

Are you unable to post an opinion without calling out other fans for theirs?

No
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:00 pm

Sane does look petulant at times, even today when he lost possession he threw a tantrum rather than getting up and tracking back. Perhaps it’s this type of thing that’s bothering pep. If sane had Bernardo’s attitude he’d be fucking unstoppable.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:32 pm

Mase wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:We have about a million league games in a row, we seem to do ok without him. We wouldnt have got more points with him in the team as we have won every league game since jan so i say lets trust pep.

We literally just lost to Spurs.

We literally didnt. We just beat them one nil. We have won 14 league games out of the last 15. We have lost three games this season in the league, Sane played 90,90 and 72 in those three losses. We do ok without him is my point as talented as he is.

We were a whisker away from everything, i dont think Sane not starting would have been the difference.

For the record im a huge fan of him and he has an unlimited ceiling but i find it hard to knock this team and what it has achieved in the last two years.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:38 pm

Which league results would have been different if Sane had played more?
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby stevefromdonny » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:43 pm

well when he came on today the fans give him a very loud roar
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:47 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
Mase wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:We have about a million league games in a row, we seem to do ok without him. We wouldnt have got more points with him in the team as we have won every league game since jan so i say lets trust pep.

We literally just lost to Spurs.

We literally didnt. We just beat them one nil. We have won 14 league games out of the last 15. We have lost three games this season in the league, Sane played 90,90 and 72 in those three losses. We do ok without him is my point as talented as he is.

We were a whisker away from everything, i dont think Sane not starting would have been the difference.

For the record im a huge fan of him and he has an unlimited ceiling but i find it hard to knock this team and what it has achieved in the last two years.

I honestly didn’t realize that about the 3 losses. Changes things a little, thought I do wish pep could sort it out with him.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby PeterParker » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:46 pm

I don't think he did any favours for himself today. He looked good the first 5 minutes, then got lost.

Now, his situation:

As I said in the match thread: I was amazed and upset he missed the WC because of Low. I couldn't understand how the fuck can you let out a player of his quality? Germany played like shit and left early that competition.

Then he started missing games here, but without any leaks in the media about a possible conflict. So what happend?

PS: At the moment, he can't start before Bernie and Raheem. Simple as that.
And yes, he doesn't track back. And that is a big big issue.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby aaron bond » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:17 am

I wish he was playing more and wish he’d play on the wing with Bernardo playing more centrally.

But Pep clearly doesn’t trust him in the big games.

He doesn’t help himself sometimes though. In the last minute today he went down ‘injured’ hoping for a free kick and even when he didn’t get he stayed down and Spurs had the ball. It might sound like a small issue but Sterling, Bernardo or KDB, for example, just wouldn’t have done that. They may have tried to win the free kick but the moment it wasn’t given they would have been back up and hunting the ball down.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby zuricity » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:31 am

PeterParker wrote:I don't think he did any favours for himself today. He looked good the first 5 minutes, then got lost.

Now, his situation:

As I said in the match thread: I was amazed and upset he missed the WC because of Low. I couldn't understand how the fuck can you let out a player of his quality? Germany played like shit and left early that competition.

Then he started missing games here, but without any leaks in the media about a possible conflict. So what happend?

He does track back.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby sheblue » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:31 am

zuricity wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I don't think he did any favours for himself today. He looked good the first 5 minutes, then got lost.

Now, his situation:

He does track back.

Not far enough for some people by the looks of it.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby bigblue » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:54 pm

when he's on his game, he's unplayable. When he's not, he drifts around, loses the ball easily, and looks like he doesn't care that much. And at this stage of the season we can't afford to gamble which Sane will show up. Especially when we have Raheem and Bernardo ready to play
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Sparklehorse » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:57 pm

bigblue wrote:when he's on his game, he's unplayable. When he's not, he drifts around, loses the ball easily, and looks like he doesn't care that much. And at this stage of the season we can't afford to gamble which Sane will show up. Especially when we have Raheem and Bernardo ready to play

This all day long !!
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All of them

Postby PeterParker » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:53 pm

zuricity wrote:

Now, his situation:

He does track back.

Bernie is tracking back. Raheem improved a lot on that department this season. Sane? Let's say defence isn't one of his top 5 favorite things.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby zuricity » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:00 pm

bigblue wrote:when he's on his game, he's unplayable. When he's not, he drifts around, loses the ball easily, and looks like he doesn't care that much. And at this stage of the season we can't afford to gamble which Sane will show up. Especially when we have Raheem and Bernardo ready to play

Could make the same argument about Merlin, Kun, Razza or even Tin Tin.

We have a fantastic squad and have taken 186 points in almost two seasons. to win the league this time around we have to add another 12 to that total.

Only the finest of fine tuning is needed.

Just get three points on Wednesday and see how it rolls.

By this time next sunday, the pressure moves to Scouse2 and off City.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Bournemouthcityfan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:13 am

I wonder if peps winding him up so he’ll play brilliantly on Wednesday it’s a match our tired team must win as you know. He would be fresh and motivated.
Bournemouthcityfan
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sergio Augero

Postby nottsblue » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:18 am

Bournemouthcityfan wrote:I wonder if peps winding him up so he’ll play brilliantly on Wednesday it’s a match our tired team must win as you know. He would be fresh and motivated.

Maybe, but you could have said the same about both games with Spuds
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wooders » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:22 am

zuricity wrote:

Could make the same argument about Merlin, Kun, Razza or even Tin Tin

You could but you would be wrong to in my view, they occasionally go missing for whole games whereas sane only occasionally puts in world beater performances and is usually a more than a bit mediocre
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:52 am

Wooders wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Could make the same argument about Merlin, Kun, Razza or even Tin Tin

You could but you would be wrong to in my view, they occasionally go missing for whole games whereas sane only occasionally puts in world beater performances and is usually a more than a bit mediocre

Mad how he got YPOTY last season being mainly mediocre.

Or do you mean this season where he's been in and out of the team?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum