Sanè situation

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Sanè situation

Postby blues2win » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:55 pm

He did have some shit service but he played poorly himself. At his best he’s a dazzling dribbler with good end product. I’d give him another go next Monday. He and Merlin combine so well. What’s happened to that combination?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby salford city » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:10 pm

blues2win wrote:He did have some shit service but he played poorly himself. At his best he’s a dazzling dribbler with good end product. I’d give him another go next Monday. He and Merlin combine so well. What’s happened to that combination?

Said at the game that is why Sane doesn't start as often as he would like. No doubt he came on and changed the game at the swamp and then next up he was nowhere to be seen again. He was the same at Palace from the start. He could be anything he wants to be but there is something missing in his physche
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby budfox » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:20 pm

A bloke to come on at fresh and raring to go at 60 minutes when things aren't going quite how we like.

In that situation you want the other team thinking "oh shit".
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby Dimples » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:10 pm

RodneyRodney wrote:Last night it looked to me as though the "team" was deliberately making him look crap ; first 10 minutes he didn't get a single pass, then he got one about 3 feet over his head, then he got another one Usain Bolt wouldn't have caught with a Saturn V up his a**e. when he keeps on getting shit service from those around him , well , ok , maybe he shouldn't throw a strop, but still, it's hard for him to look good.

Note I use the word "deliberately" - have we got another Sanchez situation on our hands here , and is this perhaps why Pep won't pick him ?
Thoughts, anyone ?

"deliberately" - not a chance.
In a must win game with the PL title on the line (not to mention the treble/quadruple) against really awkward opponents - no way was it deliberate.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:18 pm

So what's the difference between him starting last season and winning YPOTY and fans only wanting him as a "super sub"? Genuine question
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:48 pm

Mase wrote:So what's the difference between him starting last season and winning YPOTY and fans only wanting him as a "super sub"? Genuine question

We all just want him to pull his finger out and earn his place. He’s good enough. I think what the fans are saying is pep was/is right not to fully trust him at the moment.

That said I think he’ll start and play a blinder on Monday :D
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:47 am

Mase wrote:So what's the difference between him starting last season and winning YPOTY and fans only wanting him as a "super sub"? Genuine question

Simply because when he starts he doesn't do the business and when he comes on as a sub he is at it and effective

It's not a conspiracy it's people using their eyes mate
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby mr_nool » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:52 am

One big reason is that Sterling has got a lot better playing on the left this season. In my opinion he's almost better down the left than down the right at the moment. that wasn't the case last season, so Sané had much less competition for his spot. This season Raheem is almost undroppable and Bernardo is playing great on the right as well.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:07 am

mr_nool wrote:

One big reason is that Sterling has got a lot better playing on the left this season. In my opinion he's almost better down the left than down the right at the moment. that wasn't the case last season, so Sané had much less competition for his spot. This season Raheem is almost undroppable and Bernardo is playing great on the right as well.

Agree Sterling is very good on the left. I'm not sure if he's better on the right still though, he came out of his shell on Wednesday against the rags when he was moved to the right, and Bernard was class in the centre.

I suppose it's a squad game and they're all good options to have (apart from Mehrez).
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:28 am

Mase wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Agree Sterling is very good on the left. I'm not sure if he's better on the right still though, he came out of his shell on Wednesday against the rags when he was moved to the right, and Bernard was class in the centre.

I suppose it's a squad game and they're all good options to have (apart from Mehrez).

Completely forgot about him :D
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Outcast » Sun May 05, 2019 8:29 am

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... ier-League

I was wondering why we were interested in Felix. Its starting to make sense. I would prefer Sane stays, however if the notion of his attitude is true, Felix would be some talent if we manage to sign him as a replacement and it would piss all over the rags transfer plans seeing they've been after him for a while.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sun May 05, 2019 8:32 am

Outcast wrote:https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/776636/Leroy-Sane-Man-City-Pep-Guardiola-Training-Premier-League

I was wondering why we were interested in Felix. Its starting to make sense. I would prefer Sane stays, however if the notion of his attitude is true, Felix would be some talent if we manage to sign him as a replacement and it would piss all over the rags transfer plans seeing they've been after him for a while.

I don't believe that article. They said that he was trying to make perfect a drill, probably a set piece.

As we all know, we don't do set pieces at City. :lol:
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Outcast » Sun May 05, 2019 8:51 am

PeterParker wrote:
Outcast wrote:https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/776636/Leroy-Sane-Man-City-Pep-Guardiola-Training-Premier-League

I don't believe that article. They said that he was trying to make perfect a drill, probably a set piece.

As we all know, we don't do set pieces at City. :lol:

There is no smoke without fire, granted, the media will fabricate to make their own headlines. However, he's not been a regular starter of late, it cant all be down to tactical decision.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby ross.mcfc » Mon May 06, 2019 9:15 pm

Seriously, what the fuck was doing tonight?
ross.mcfc

Postby Mase » Mon May 06, 2019 9:17 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:Seriously, what the fuck was doing tonight?

Who cares. We fuckin won!!!!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon May 06, 2019 9:18 pm

I don't think young Leroy was any worse than many of the others tonight. Pressure does odd things to people.

The media are trying to turn City fans against one of the best young players in the world with articles like the above. Shame on you if you fall for it.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon May 06, 2019 9:19 pm

Mase wrote:

Who cares. We fuckin won!!!!!

Great post.

I know how much you enjoy reading that.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby zuricity » Mon May 06, 2019 9:20 pm

would you like to expand on what you are saying ?
or actually complete the sentence?

Because it doesn't make sense.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Mon May 06, 2019 9:20 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:I don't think young Leroy was any worse than many of the others tonight. Pressure does odd things to people.

The media are trying to turn City fans against one of the best young players in the world with articles like the above. Shame on you if you fall for it.

100%

If you believe the crap that's wrote, even after Sanè ran over to Vinnie to congratulate him, then you're mugs
Last edited by Mase on Tue May 07, 2019 4:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ross.mcfc » Mon May 06, 2019 10:33 pm

zuricity wrote:

would you like to expand on what you are saying ?
or actually complete the sentence?

Because it doesn't make sense.

He was utterly awful when he came on. Continuously gave the ball away when he desperately needed to hold onto it.
ross.mcfc

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum