Sanè situation

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Sanè situation

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:48 am

sheblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Daily Mail reporting Sanè has had his head turned by Bayern and that's what's holding up his new contract with us.

Could be a little bit of truth in that.
There has to be something.

Tell them £100M. Shit or get get off the pot
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:01 pm

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:25 pm

Fuckin suck that you lickers!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby mr_nool » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:50 pm

Mase wrote:Fuckin suck that you lickers!!

Great goal (although horrible keeping). However, I don't think you and Carl are right in the match thread saying that his performance proves Pep wrong. The first half was a completely other game. They sat back with five defenders; there would have been very little room for Sané to use his pace. The game opened up a lot more in the second half, and especially after we scored the first.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:55 pm

mr_nool wrote:

Great goal (although horrible keeping). However, I don't think you and Carl are right in the match thread saying that his performance proves Pep wrong. The first half was a completely other game. They sat back with five defenders; there would have been very little room for Sané to use his pace. The game opened up a lot more in the second half, and especially after we scored the first.

It opened up because Sanè was on the left and Sterling one right (was a completely different player as well) and Bern in the center.

Fact is Sanè ran his bollocks off tonight and proves that the "he doesn't track back" bullshitters are wrong.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:59 pm

Mase wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

It opened up because Sanè was on the left and Sterling one right (was a completely different player as well) and Bern in the center.

Fact is Sanè ran his bollocks off tonight and proves that the "he doesn't track back" bullshitters are wrong.

He did play well, and he did work hard. I'm just not sure that his introduction changed the game. I think we showed signs of that from the off in the second half. (I really like Sané, and don't want him gone – I just trust Pep in these sort of personnel questions.)
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PeterParker » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:05 pm

What situation? :lol: :lol: :lol:
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby bigblue » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:07 pm

as good as Sane's introduction was, I think Gundo moving a bit deeper and dictating play has more impact on us playing better. We should really try everything we can to sign him.

Having said that, Sane's talent is undeniable. Sign him up too. Sign everyone up. A bunch of games to go but I'm over the blue moon
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zuricity » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:11 pm

Mase wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Stop it Mase, he wasn't on long enough to run his gonads dry.

They all were up for it tonight, a great TEAM performance.
Last edited by zuricity on Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zuricity » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:16 pm

bigblue wrote:as good as Sane's introduction was, I think Gundo moving a bit deeper and dictating play has more impact on us playing better. We should really try everything we can to sign him.

Having said that, Sane's talent is undeniable. Sign him up too. Sign everyone up. A bunch of games to go but I'm over the blue moon

Listen if these footballers don't twig what our owner is about and how , if they use their talent and brains they can help the cause long after they have retired . then let 'em go.

Mike Summerbee twigged to what it's all about and how ever you look at it , working for the cause don't do you harm . Mike's doing alright .
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:17 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

He did play well, and he did work hard. I'm just not sure that his introduction changed the game.

He scored and won nearly every ball...............but you are not sure how him coming on changed the game.

You are about as sharp as a fuckign marble.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:22 pm

No one is doubting Sane's skill. But there are times he switches off and there's gotta be something about his personality.
Today he was fantastic though but that's not really a surprise; he surely has been taking Pep's guidance into account.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby mr_nool » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:25 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

He did play well, and he did work hard. I'm just not sure that his introduction changed the game.

He scored and won nearly every ball...............but you are not sure how him coming on changed the game.

You could at least try to read the rest of my post. Don't you think we started the second half much better than we finished the first?

Why the fuck are you so fucking binary? There are other colours than black and white.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:27 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:No one is doubting Sane's skill. But there are times he switches off and there's gotta be something about his personality.
Today he was fantastic though but that's not really a surprise; he surely has been taking Pep's guidance into account.

Do you have examples where he's switched off mate?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:30 pm

Mase wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:No one is doubting Sane's skill. But there are times he switches off and there's gotta be something about his personality.

Sorry, I'm not going to go back and comb through videotape. I just remember seeing it. Or he loses the ball too often.

I think he's incredible and very valuable to the side but Pep isn't not playing just to be a dick to him.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:34 pm

Mase wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Agreed - the whole set up changed when sane came on as PeP was forced to make the tactical changes...........and we were a goal threat from then on.

PeP fucked up with his starting 11....................we were another team when those changes above were made.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:39 pm

Did very well when he came on Leroy and with Bernado in the middle we were much more effective .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby bigblue » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:42 pm

Mase wrote:

You've watched City over the past 2 years, so you have to know what he's talking about
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zuricity » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:45 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

disagree Carl . The game was won before he came on

Without doubt he helped consolidate the win .
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:46 pm

Ok then...If you wont take my word for it then take Martin Samuels.

It was in the final 45 minutes that the real City turned up. They had seemed nervy before half-time, slower than usual, to Pep Guardiola's immense annoyance.

That changed once he got into them and with the fortuitous introduction of Leroy Sane after 51 minutes.

Fortuitous because he came on for Fernandinho, who went off injured after a bruising – although entirely fair – tackle with Paul Pogba.

It was Wayne Rooney who described how Pogba hurt players in the tackle without even intending it. He was just build that way. Fernandinho seemed to get a foot stuck in the turf challenging him. Bold as ever, Guardiola dropped Ilkay Gundogan into his position and brought on a flying wideman, Sane. That changed City, and the game.

They got faster, became ferociously hard to contain, started dictating the play at the pace the manager demanded.

I rest my case.
Last edited by carl_feedthegoat on Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum