Pre-Match Thread | Manchester Derby

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Pre-Match Thread | Manchester Derby

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:23 pm

Thought this would be up already but, eh-oh, got to start somewhere.

Only four games to go and as we know, the next one is the most important; how can anybody think past the Rags game?

Well, there not doing so well only winning 2 of their last 8 but they do have incentive in that if they lose to us then their CL fight is realistically over.

I'm not sure if I buy along with the thought that they've given up, especially not in a Derby game. In fact I'd say they'll be even more dangerous as every one of those limelighters will want to be seen to be doing something on the big stage.

Are they good enough though, as a team, and can the Hobbit pull some tactics out of his are that could outshine Pep?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Pre-Match Thread | Manchester Derby

Postby ruralblue » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:45 pm

I ain't got a good feeling about this one and have a strange feeling we'll lose one nil due to some dodgy decision. However I also have a feeling that the dipper will also fuck up and cancel it out. I hope the first feeling is wrong and we stuff the cunts with a brace for Foden.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:46 pm

Would love got Foden to get the winner.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Bear60 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:56 pm

I am nervous about this one we should beat them after their recent performance but it’s a derby and they want cl next season so they are going to be well up for it
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby City64 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:00 pm

Rags are fucking shit , we perform we win comfortably . All this media shit about a reaction from them is pure bullshit ............... they are shit ! We win this one we win the title !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:02 pm

Bear60 wrote:I am nervous about this one we should beat them after their recent performance but it’s a derby and they want cl next season so they are going to be well up for it

Pep has had the beating of the Rags at theirs in the PL since he arrived, winning both 2-1. We beat them 3-1 at home under Maureen this season which was the best we have done against them since Pep has been here, and now they've got the Hobbit in the seat.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bear60 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:21 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Bear60 wrote:I am nervous about this one we should beat them after their recent performance but it’s a derby and they want cl next season so they are going to be well up for it

Pep has had the beating of the Rags at theirs in the PL since he arrived, winning both 2-1. We beat them 3-1 at home under Maureen this season which was the best we have done against them since Pep has been here, and now they've got the Hobbit in the seat.

That’s made me feel a whole lot more confident about it now Beefy let’s win this and win the league we just got to do this now
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:29 pm

Bear60 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

That’s made me feel a whole lot more confident about it now Beefy let’s win this and win the league we just got to do this now

The Rags have gone backwards since Maureen left, even though the early results said otherwise. The Hobbit has no tactical naus and I can see it being a game of defend and hoof for them, hoping to do what Spurs did with Son at the weekend. So glad that tactic did don't pay off.

Theirs always a chance that form can be skewed, especially in a Derby, but I can see Pep having us focussed intensely on just playing our game. If we do that, only one outcome mate.

After that the games are quite equal with the Dippers, only a couple of places between the teams we play. You can bet that we' all be even more focussed for them, if we beat the Rags on Wednesday.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:00 pm

I’m trying not to think too much about the upcoming games. Makes me too nervous. Hope the players know what’s needed, if so we will win the league. Any complacency and it’s gone. Bricking it.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby s1ty m » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:02 pm

Winning these 4 is a massive ask. Bloody hell it looks difficult. A fit KDB would make all the difference. I doubt we win all 4. Awful to say it, but it's a huge mountain.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby nottsblue » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:16 pm

On paper and form we should walk it. To a man we are better than the rags and collectively we are streets ahead. But the game is at their gaff, they somehow are still in the race for top four and they have to up their game after the dross they served up at Everton.

I should be confident we will smash them, but for some reason I’m not. The proverbial any old win will do has never rung truer than this game.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:19 pm

A lot of their players coming out today giving lip service.

If they do go gung-ho on Wednesday to try and make up for yesterday it could play in to our hands to be fair
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:20 pm

s1ty m wrote:Winning these 4 is a massive ask. Bloody hell it looks difficult. A fit KDB would make all the difference. I doubt we win all 4. Awful to say it, but it's a huge mountain.

We only have to win one at a time as there's no guarantee that the Dippers will win all theirs.

Rags next up, and more than just a Derby at stake.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:21 pm

Show the lads the vid of us fucking up a 2-0 lead last season. That should be enough.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:21 pm

Mase wrote:A lot of their players coming out today giving lip service.

What's that, mate, they not taking it seriously?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:22 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Show the lads the vid of us fucking up a 2-0 lead last season. That should be enough.

It should be etched in their fucking memory!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:24 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:A lot of their players coming out today giving lip service.

What's that, mate, they not taking it seriously?

Pogba "to wear this shirt you have to give everything". They're just telling the fans what they want to hear. Whether that transfers in to their performance on Wednesday we'll see
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:29 pm

more worried about burnley at the weekend tbh...
there'll be goals in this one. can see another a game like the spuds one.
we'll win though and the title will be ours
belieeeeeeeeeeve!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:34 pm

Its a derby so anything can happen - like when we were shit back in the day but we still managed a win here and there , they too are capable.

IMO , its all down to our defense , get the selection right at the back and we win.

Foden needs to play
BS needs to play
Sterling needs to play
Sane needs to play.
Fernandhino needs to play.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dimples » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:38 pm

The Rags will be well rested for this one - they did not break sweat yesterday :)

OGS will get his instructions from Red Nose.
He will tell OGS to set up like Spurs did because we gave away so many very good scoring chances to them.

Anything can happen in a Derby but I cannot see Pogba & Co. being up for the fight.
If we score first and keep our foot on their throat we should be ok.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum