***rags vs Manchester City*** Official match thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***rags vs Manchester City*** Official match thread

Postby bigblue » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:39 pm

hayling22 wrote:And The Dippers have Newcastle sandwiched between the 2 Barca games

Yup. That's a huge factor too. We get a week's rest after we play Burnley, but they have to play Barca 2x midweek
Last edited by bigblue on Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby budfox » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:39 pm

527 minutes since the rags scored from open play.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby City64 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:41 pm

FUCKING AV IT !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:46 pm

I think Bernie might be one of us in disguise looking the way he celebrates.

PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby PaulieIrish » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:47 pm

The dippers went from evens at halftime to win the league to 13/5 at FT on Betfair
PaulieIrish
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby bigblue » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:49 pm

hahahaha sky goes to commercial break with the cliffhanger of "could united challenge for the title next season?" hahaha fuck no. They've got a manager 3 leagues over his head, players who don't give a fuck, and don't even have a director of football. This is the decline phase where they fade off into 'istory. fuck off
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:51 pm

Tyler was absolutely devastated.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby budfox » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:58 pm

Win the title or lose the title (and I think we'll win it), the decline of the rags is absolutely fucking epic.

Solskaer won't last a dozen games next season, utterly clueless. Even when he gets to buy some players (and who will want to join a sinking ship?) he'll still be utterly clueless.

Four wins (or maybe fewer) away from the domestic treble. What a team. CTID
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby carolina-blue » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:59 pm

Mase wrote:Tyler was absolutely devastated.

Just finished work so not read through the thread
But this comment has just made my night ,
Besides the result of course :lol:
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby zuricity » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:03 pm

bigblue wrote:hahahaha sky goes to commercial break with the cliffhanger of "could united challenge for the title next season?" hahaha fuck no. They've got a manager 3 leagues over his head, players who don't give a fuck, and don't even have a director of football. This is the decline phase where they fade off into 'istory. fuck off

Leeds II.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby bigblue » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:04 pm

have to say I didn't expect Hart to be so subdued on sky about City. Probably because he has to play us on sunday and he wants to appear professional, but he should have gotten at least 1 dig in on the rags in their 30 minute discussion
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PeterParker » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:05 pm

PeterParker wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I found the Portuguese river where I watch our games! WE ARE GOING TO WIN, YOU CUNTS!

YOU ARE WELCOME!

I think you cunts are ignoring my contribution. Instead of blowing Sane and Bernie, you should celebrate the real hero of the night. :lol:
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:15 pm

PeterParker wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I found the Portuguese river where I watch our games! WE ARE GOING TO WIN, YOU CUNTS!

YOU ARE WELCOME!

I think you cunts are ignoring my contribution. Instead of blowing Sane and Bernie, you should celebrate the real hero of the night. :lol:

What happened, did we score yet :lol:
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby s1ty m » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:23 pm

David Silva. Legend.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby salford city » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:43 pm

Just home from the swamp fcuking great afternoon and evening. Not read this thread but we were clinical 2nd half and every exec box behind us in the ground had city in it we were on last row - never seen that before at the swamp great support tonight loads of stickers everywhere around - city - keep on keeping it on - fucking boom have it
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:59 pm

Fucking yes. That is all.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!

Postby PrezIke » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:08 pm

Was only able to watch the 1st half live at at an Irish pub here in Miami with loads of Utd fans. Fortunately, I sat next to a bloke from Middlesbrough at the bar where we also watched a group of Arsenal fans sit on one side facing their one tele with the game on gradually enter a state of agony after their pathetic first half against Wolves.

We both commented on how good Wolves were this season, and he contended that he thought they'd be contending for top 4 next season. He didn't seem to happy that Pulis hadn't been sacked, as we had a brief convo about the Championship.

When I first walked into the bar with my City track top in hand as I put it on to show my colours, I said to the bartender, "I'm probably the the only Blue in here." He responded "There's a few Chelsea and Arsenal supporters here who want you to win." I didn't go far enough from my spot to see if any City fans were there, but even one Spanish speaking Utd supporter nearby was polite enough and realised where his side was.

However, after the first half I was nervous as hell and having to leave to meet someone and miss the entire 2nd half until watching just now made me basically assume we were going to drop points.

We looked timid and nervy with the ball and all those expecting dominate possession were wrong as it was 55 45 at the half, and felt we had given the ball away quite often and Utd had some decent chances on the counter. We had that one good possession where Sterling came inside as usual but we couldn't muster a real shot, even if we looked slightly more dangerous. It was not terribly comforting and all of my fears about Utd saving their energy for this game seemed realised.

Just finished the 2nd half now and as we all could see Pep making the earliest change I can recall in some time, whether it was 100% about injury or not, to Dinho transformed our play as the Germans turned us into the City we know, with Sane's electric pace and Gundo's control and vision leading to 'mares for a suddenly lost Utd defence.

Sterling was strong and Bernardo mint as ever. Even Big Ed showing his value as all three have the past few games. Defending was better from Vinny and Laporte this time and Zinch more effective at LB than Mendy too.

Kun was good in movement even though not quite as good striking the ball again, which does lead you to wonder about tiredness or something else.

Amazing victory, and our away fans in full voice at OT lovely to hear.

Bananas to think that we cannot slack up and probably need to break the record for most wins in a row to retain the title in the most wild title race I've witnessed in the PL or maybe other top leagues of late.

Will be a phenomenal achievement despite what I still classify as a failure in CL that still hurts to me given our quality, how great of a chance to win it we would have this year, and how I think it would propel us to new levels that even back to back PL's cannot.

Next year, it almost has to be CL semis/final or bust.I know that isn't it for some, but we are the one "big club" who hasn't really gotten there. The excuses about it being a "cup competition" are missing what that means. In American sport, as annoying as this is, "the playoffs" make clubs. It takes a different character to show up like that. The good thing is I think winning the PL, if we do, this season how we are is the closest you will get to learning what that's like other than CL, and we need to do it under that kind of pressure.

If we win the league the way we are now, and manage to keep Sane and Gundo (a big worry, tbh) I believe we will win CL next season. If they leave, we will have a great chance, and more likely is that is where we will be and why as much as back to back PL's is a great achievement, this team will be different next and that could be a question mark for us despite the level of quality
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Nick » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:17 pm

bigblue wrote:have to say I didn't expect Hart to be so subdued on sky about City. Probably because he has to play us on sunday and he wants to appear professional, but he should have gotten at least 1 dig in on the rags in their 30 minute discussion

He was always mr blow the oppo I dont believe he has that much affection given how it ended. Yaya comes across much warmer.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:28 pm

Get the fuck in!!! We fucking broke them tinight after all the smoke blown up their arse we got our game together and dome of those moves were amazing.

And to give me even more joy, after RatBoy keeps telling the Rag hordes how they thought for it, DogWanker and Souness completely contradict him and soap him down in front of the same Rah hordes who who were feeling a little better due to RatBoys comments.

Ducking love it!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:33 pm

bigblue wrote:have to say I didn't expect Hart to be so subdued on sky about City. Probably because he has to play us on sunday and he wants to appear professional, but he should have gotten at least 1 dig in on the rags in their 30 minute discussion

I think he's just been professional and knowing his audience, ie. 2 Rags, 2 Dippers in the studio.

Thought Joe sounded well and had enough superlatives in there to do us a decent service.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum