***Official Match Thread | Burnley v City***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

***Official Match Thread | Burnley v City***

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:02 am

There seems to be a lot of talk about how Burnley can do the Dippers a favour and take points off us, but why would Burnley want to hand the advantage to Liverpool? I don't quite get it and could do with an explanation.

Anyway, another big game tomorrow and one of those that I always have great confidence of us getting a decent result. There's always the talknof the old 'English Style of Football', all physicality and directness but when it comes down to it the football we play wins through.

5-0 in the home game in PL, the same in the FA Cup, we've already proved how our football fairs against the English Style so why should this be any different? Plus the Pep effect, he's not lost against Burnley, beating them at theirs on his previous visits.

To be fair to Burnley, they've done really well to get back to their current position after the nause of their Europa debacle which basically fucked up their season. Their 3 wins and a draw recently show that they know how to get a result and getting a draw away to Chelsea cannot be underestimated. That followed 4 straight losses through Feb-Mar so it may say more about the timing more than anything.

I'm just wondering how Burnley are going to see this game, one where they need to battle to confirm their PL status or don't get to physical, play fairly and don't impact on the PL title by nefarious means, ie. Will they do a Huddersfield and fail to pit a single tackle in?

So, a game made bigger by the current situation with all and sundry casting an eye towards Turf Moor, most that hope we can stop the vermin and others praying that their history club can get an advantage.

What will it be?

Edit: Changed to Match Thread.
Last edited by Beefymcfc on Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Pre-Match Thread | Burnley v City

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:06 am

Up the fuckin Blues!! Fuck football!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:07 am

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Manchester City are unbeaten in their last seven league and cup games against Burnley, winning six of those matches.

City have only won one of their past three games at Turf Moor (D1, L1), and have failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their four Premier League matches there.

The champions have beaten Burnley 5-0 twice this season in all competitions - no team has ever scored five goals against the same opponent three times in a single season in English league history.

Seventeen of City's last 22 league and cup goals against Burnley have come in the second half of matches, including eight of 10 this season.

Burnley

Burnley have beaten the reigning champions once in each of their previous four Premier League seasons, and have won 44% of their games against the title holders (W4, D1, L4).

The Clarets are hoping to win three consecutive home league fixtures for the first time since a five-match streak in December 2016 and January 2017.

Burnley's win against Tottenham in February is their only victory in 15 Premier League home games against sides from the established top six (D2, L12).

They have conceded 62 league goals in 2018-19, compared to 39 last term - only the bottom three have worse records this season prior to the latest round of matches.

Ashley Barnes has scored 11 Premier League goals for Burnley this season, one short of an outright record for the Clarets.

Manchester City

Pep Guardiola's side have won 11 straight league games, the longest streak in the Premier League this season.

They can become the first team to end a top-flight season with 14 consecutive victories, breaking Arsenal's record of 13 in 2001-02.

City have won all 12 of their league matches this season against sides in the bottom seven (prior to the weekend's matches), scoring a total of 41 goals and conceding just four.

Sergio Aguero has scored eight goals in his last seven appearances against Burnley in all competitions.

Aguero is one short of becoming the second player to score at least 20 Premier League goals in six different seasons, emulating Alan Shearer (who did so in seven campaigns).

Aguero could also become the second player, after Thierry Henry, to achieve this feat in five consecutive seasons.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:57 am

Just win. I don’t care how, just win and on to the next one. Full strength every game and smash whoever is next.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby salford city » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:18 am

Tough game tomorrow they are no mugs at home on their own pitch. Got to go balls out now as we have a weeks rest afterwards so leave KDB and Fern alone and ready for Brenda and his teeth next game when the scouse press will be in overdrive with how he will help them.

Same solid performance as Wednesday SANE HAS to start we need to unlock these fcukers from the start and then control the game from there
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:19 am

Ultimately though, if we can't beat fuckin Burnley we probably don't deserve to win the league.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:33 am

That fucking stand in for a Dalek is a right cunt..fuckign hate him and his medieval football style.

I hope we fuck them .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:34 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:That fucking stand in for a Dalek is a right cunt..fuckign hate him and his medieval football style.

I hope we fuck them .

Every time we beat them "we can't compete with a team that spends millions" every fuckin time. He's a boring twat.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:30 pm

Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:That fucking stand in for a Dalek is a right cunt..fuckign hate him and his medieval football style.

I hope we fuck them .

Every time we beat them "we can't compete with a team that spends millions" every fuckin time. He's a boring twat.

And font fotprget the decisions, they never get a decision.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:41 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:

I hope we fuck them .

You at the juice already Beefy ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zuricity » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:11 pm

Quote from BBC HYS, on scouse2's game yesterday

"I understand even Burnley supporters hope City win tomorrow, and are calling for Joe Hart to be reinstated for the game."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:12 pm

zuricity wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:

I hope we fuck them .

Sausage fingers, mate ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:30 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:

I hope we fuck them .

Sausage fingers, mate ;-)

Really ? taste anything like Thuringer Wurst :lol:
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:38 pm

Prefer Bratty's myself, mate.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:03 pm

I do not believe that Fern being out for this one will be a big deal. Burnley are likely to to park the bus and hope to score from set pieces. Fernandinho isn't really needed in a match like that. Gundogan is a better passer and will be more of a help trying to unlock that Burnley defense.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby mr_nool » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:05 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Prefer Bratty's myself, mate.

The best sausage I've had in the German speaking world is a Bosna, but you might have to go to Austria to get one. Spicy sausage in bread with loads of onion and mustard. The best 4am snack ever.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:15 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:I do not believe that Fern being out for this one will be a big deal. Burnley are likely to to park the bus and hope to score from set pieces. Fernandinho isn't really needed in a match like that. Gundogan is a better passer and will be more of a help trying to unlock that Burnley defense.

Certainly wasn't a big team against the rags second half.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:16 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Just win. I don’t care how, just win and on to the next one. Full strength every game and smash whoever is next.

I am a fully paid up member of this club
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby nottsblue » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:17 pm

zuricity wrote:Quote from BBC HYS, on scouse2's game yesterday

"I understand even Burnley supporters hope City win tomorrow, and are calling for Joe Hart to be reinstated for the game."

The Gods aren’t that kind are they :lol:
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:39 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Just win. I don’t care how, just win and on to the next one. Full strength every game and smash whoever is next.

I am a fully paid up member of this club

100% we are back to the luxury of one game a week and only 3 to go.

No resting anyone, if we get injuries as we go, the so be it. Better that saving a player for the Leicester game bullshit
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum