This Week's Games | 27-28 Apr 19

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: This Week's Games | 27-28 Apr 19

Postby nottsblue » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:15 pm

1-1. Cardiff look doomed
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby blues2win » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:29 pm

Cardiff need two wins out of two. They have to beat Palace and then get three points at Old Trafford assuming ( likely) Brighton get nothing from Arsenal away and City at home. Can’t see it. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Palace put them out of their misery next Saturday.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:35 pm

Just watching MotD and it seems to be showing the Dippers first. When does that ever happen, everybody has had that result all day?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:39 am

PSG lose to mid table side in Cup final, lessons to be learned, check out Mbape Red card naughty knee high assault.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:03 am

Big day for RatBoy on Sky.

First up Leicester v Arsenal. If Arsenal win it puts them 5 points clear of the Rags with 2 games to go and with a far superior goal difference it would mean Arsenal would just need a draw from a home game to Brighton or away game to Burnley.

Then, he could see us go one game closer to retaining the PL where it is dawning on him that he will have to profess us as one of the greatest ever teams in the top flight. If not, he has to be asked if the PL is not actually all that much.

Finally, his beloved Rags v Chelsea where, if Arsenal get a result, will leave them with no option but to go put and win the game. Chelsea could realistically take a draw and run to their last 2 games against Watford and Leicester. Rags are the clear outsiders for CL qualification and have to hope everything goes their way.

Saying that, he could have a wonderful day which all goes his way. Either way, he'll be squirming like a good'en for the next 6 hours.

Wonderful.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:03 am

Fully expect another embarrassing Arsenal away effort here
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:07 am

john@staustell wrote:Fully expect another embarrassing Arsenal away effort here

I actually think they've done well over the course of the season although a few of their results have obviously been embarrassing. Overall though, they have given themselves 2 options to make it to the CL and, let's face it, that is what they see as silverware for the season.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:12 am

I’m gunning for an Arsenal win. Don’t want Leicester having any aspirations of a possible European place
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:37 am

nottsblue wrote:I’m gunning for an Arsenal win. Don’t want Leicester having any aspirations of a possible European place

They'll have to do it with 10 men now
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:46 am

nottsblue wrote:I’m gunning for an Arsenal win. Don’t want Leicester having any aspirations of a possible European place

Naah, let them, it will only make it harder for next season.

Personally, was gunning for Chelsea and Arsenal in order to keep the Rags and Spurs out of the top 4. As they all seem to be fucking it up it looks like now it' just the Rags as Spurs seem to be safe.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:47 am

Interesting that the ref gave him 2 yellows for only 2 tackles, the first not even being a foul in my opinion.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:49 am

Beefymcfc wrote:

Personally, was gunning for Chelsea and Arsenal in order to keep the Rags and Spurs out of the top 4. As they all seem to be fucking it up it looks like now it' just the Rags as Spurs seem to be safe.

The logic was more we face Leicester next and a win for them today still gives them hope for Europe for when we face them. The added bonus of an Arsenal win would be making it very difficult for the rags to get top 4
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:18 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

The logic was more we face Leicester next and a win for them today still gives them hope for Europe for when we face them. The added bonus of an Arsenal win would be making it very difficult for the rags to get top 4

Can't help thinking that Newcastle will togger Scouse2 , thereby making it a "Fait accompli".
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby mr_nool » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:20 pm

zuricity wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Can't help thinking that Newcastle will togger Scouse2 , thereby making it a "Fait accompli".

I think Wolves will take at least one point off them in the final round, but don't dare to hope for anything from Benitez's gang.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:32 pm

Arsenal with their usual away day fuck up
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:39 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Get you, mate, but Brenton has already said that he doesn't want the complications of the Europa. Hopefully Leicester win which gives them less incentive to beat us.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bigblue » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:48 pm

arsenal are comically bad, especially their center backs
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby john@staustell » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:53 pm

3-0 it is

Another embarrassing performance as predicted

:D
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:54 pm

3-0. Chelsea now know if they beat the rags later on today, they are virtually over the line
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:59 pm

Fuck me, I can enjoy the Rags losing now ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum