Team Vs. Leicester

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Team Vs. Leicester

Postby zuricity » Sat May 04, 2019 4:52 am

RodneyRodney wrote:
nottsblue wrote:What about the old adage and football law of a former player scoring against his old club?

Step forward Mahrez

Step forward Nacho ?

We should be ok, i can't see either player getting time on monday.

It would be great to win the league on monday.

COYG ,
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Plain Speaking » Sat May 04, 2019 11:06 am

Wooders wrote:https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/total_offside

Forget that got it myself - adebayor is no 1 offside of premier league history, elk and Benjani rated highly as well (no 9 will also raise a lot of eyebrows)

Darius a pathetic 94th - weird coz I remember him being permanently offside

Edit again - sorry you’ll need to filter it yourselves as that doesn’t work with the link

Wow you can get a lot of info with the filters from the stats in that link.
I didn't realise Jesus had missed so many big chances, this season 18, he's 3rd overall in the PL, although he's probably played about 1/3 of the minutes of most. He probably also close to the most offsides for the minutes he's played?
Also Ferny has the most City tackles, 57 in 2.3k minutes, compared to Gundogan's 17 tackles in 2.0k minutes.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat May 04, 2019 12:34 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:

Forget that got it myself - adebayor is no 1 offside of premier league history, elk and Benjani rated highly as well (no 9 will also raise a lot of eyebrows)

Edit again - sorry you’ll need to filter it yourselves as that doesn’t work with the link

I didn't realise Jesus had missed so many big chances, this season 18, he's 3rd overall in the PL, although he's probably played about 1/3 of the minutes of most. He probably also close to the most offsides for the minutes he's played?
Also Ferny has the most City tackles, 57 in 2.3k minutes, compared to Gundogan's 17 tackles in 2.0k minutes.

Wood, Murray, Vardy, Delofeu, Morata all have more offsides per minute than Jesus.

The Fernandinho/Gundogan comparison is a bit skewed, Fernandinho has played all his games at DM, Gundogan has played most of his more advanced.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat May 04, 2019 1:46 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:

Wood, Murray, Vardy, Delofeu, Morata all have more offsides per minute than Jesus.

The Fernandinho/Gundogan comparison is a bit skewed, Fernandinho has played all his games at DM, Gundogan has played most of his more advanced.

JG cannot be relied upon to be a match winner (Once he has won us a match , from my recollection) which is why we need to buy another forward this summer.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat May 04, 2019 2:04 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:

JG cannot be relied upon to be a match winner (Once he has won us a match , from my recollection) which is why we need to buy another forward this summer.

Dunno about once, braces against Wolves and Everton, the only goal against Brighton in the FA Cup semi, hat trick against Shaktar.

His finishing has been poor this season in general but neither our points per game nor goals per game suffers when he starts.

If we're to buy a striker I'd rather it be someone that can play wide too as I still think Jesus could be class with a consistent run of games.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Sat May 04, 2019 3:33 pm

Think Jesus won us a game against Swansea right after we bought him.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby bigblue » Sat May 04, 2019 4:00 pm

Mase wrote:Think Jesus won us a game against Swansea right after we bought him.

Also scored the goal that got us to 100 points with pretty much the last kick of the season
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Sat May 04, 2019 4:05 pm

Mase wrote:Think Jesus won us a game against Swansea right after we bought him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/38874288
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sat May 04, 2019 4:15 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:

Actually ,Carl JG is having an indifferent season.
However we need another striker a) because Sergio is now knocking on a bit and b) because Pep screwed it up badly with Mahrez.

So ship Mahrez out and get another in to play alongside the other two.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat May 04, 2019 6:02 pm

zuricity wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:

Actually ,Carl JG is having an indifferent season.
However we need another striker a) because Sergio is now knocking on a bit and b) because Pep screwed it up badly with Mahrez.

So ship Mahrez out and get another in to play alongside the other two.

Agreed
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Sat May 04, 2019 8:55 pm

I don't give a fuck what the team is at this stage. Just go and get the job done Monday and next Sunday. And get this league over and done with. Cant listen to much more of this liverpool wankathon.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby zuricity » Sat May 04, 2019 9:16 pm

sheblue wrote:I don't give a fuck what the team is at this stage. Just go and get the job done Monday and next Sunday. And get this league over and done with. Cant listen to much more of this liverpool wankathon.

You should give a fcuk !

This is no time for experimenting and if Pep is serious , he will have Mahrez driving the Coach for Leicester back home on monday.

The Liverpool love in makes it all the sweeter when we blow them away on Sunday next week.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby PeterParker » Sat May 04, 2019 9:21 pm

Make a compilation of their dives and cheating and play it before Leicester and Brighton.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby zuricity » Sat May 04, 2019 9:40 pm

PeterParker wrote:Make a compilation of their dives and cheating and play it before Leicester and Brighton.

Come on , we're beyond that.

Stick to playing attacking and attractive footy.

Wanting to possess the ball and lots of movement

We'll be ok.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby london blue 2 » Sun May 05, 2019 7:52 am

Can we please just make this one a nice straight forward 3/4-0 win so there’s no stress. Haven’t seen one in a while.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby PeterParker » Sun May 05, 2019 7:59 am

zuricity wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Make a compilation of their dives and cheating and play it before Leicester and Brighton.

Come on , we're beyond that.

Stick to playing attacking and attractive footy.

Wanting to possess the ball and lots of movement

We'll be ok.

I am not saying no to stick to our plan, just motivate the fellas. Show them how bent was this season so far and how still it all about us and in our hands.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun May 05, 2019 3:44 pm

Apart from the obvious, there's another huge incentive for our boys to beat Leicester and that is so all the fans, all around the world, can revel in the disappointment and anger that the Dipper hordes will unleash.

Go on boys, do it for the candle makers.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby patrickblue » Sun May 05, 2019 4:23 pm

Just play the best 11 and do them. Two early goals for us.
My fucking nerves are shot, and I don't think I'll survive a repeat of the spuds and Burnley games.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Sun May 05, 2019 4:53 pm

patrickblue wrote:Just play the best 11 and do them. Two early goals for us.
My fucking nerves are shot, and I don't think I'll survive a repeat of the spuds and Burnley games.

This. Hoping for early goals because I won't be able to hack it otherwise!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby harveytravis » Sun May 05, 2019 5:00 pm

patrickblue wrote:Just play the best 11 and do them. Two early goals for us.

At the age of 74 I definitely need an easy win tomorrow.

I sometimes long for the wonderfully unpredictable games of the 70s 80s 90s and naughties. I never expected to win so it never hurt when we didn't win.

Now the buggers have conditioned me to expect victory every time!
Just when I'm drifting into my dotage...
Just when my heart is weakening....
Just when I need to be calm...

The rotten thoughtless glorious bastards!
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum