Timewasting

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Timewasting

Postby dazby » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:09 am

…….by us! From the 80-85 minute mark which meant we had to do it for about 10-15 minutes.

To be honest it seemed easier to go for the second goal.

I hope we don't try it so early ever again.

What did you make of it all?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Re: Timewasting

Postby trueblue64 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:25 am

I think we are that close to crossing the line now, that anything will do. I don't like to see it but needs must. If we win the PL title a few minutes time wasting will not be remembered.
There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wooders » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:38 am

Yeah we’re not in risk taking territory at the moment, if they caught us on a break yesterday the title could have been all over
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:39 am

I think it was a taste of their own medicine. Timewasting from the 1st minute like Burnley were doing is pathetic.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:04 am

I don't mind a bit of time wasting, when we're doing it

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:26 am

And also I loved Gundo with that freekick just standing there not even making an attempt to take the kick :lol: well worth the booking.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:28 am

I had no issue with it when they were camped out. It pissed me off when we have even numbers or an overload on the break though.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:29 am

Mase wrote:And also I loved Gundo with that freekick just standing there not even making an attempt to take the kick :lol: well worth the booking.

Shocking refereeing, that, imho. The Burnley player was about 6 yards away from him and Gundo signalled this to the ref. That's who should have been booked. Just shit, anti-City ref-ing as usual.
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby nottsblue » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:12 am

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
Mase wrote:And also I loved Gundo with that freekick just standing there not even making an attempt to take the kick :lol: well worth the booking.

Shocking refereeing, that, imho. The Burnley player was about 6 yards away from him and Gundo signalled this to the ref. That's who should have been booked. Just shit, anti-City ref-ing as usual.

Spot on
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby dazby » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:26 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:I had no issue with it when they were camped out. It pissed me off when we have even numbers or an overload on the break though.

Yes. And it happened a couple of times. That second goal would have evaporated all the tension.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby john@staustell » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:11 pm

Mase wrote:I think it was a taste of their own medicine. Timewasting from the 1st minute like Burnley were doing is pathetic.

Commentators said the same.

What I notcide was that with about 2 minutes left we had a corner (free kick by corner?) where usually we would have tapped it to each other and mucked about for a while. But yesterday they just hit it over and they broke upfield.

What was that all about?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:15 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Mase wrote:I think it was a taste of their own medicine. Timewasting from the 1st minute like Burnley were doing is pathetic.

Commentators said the same.

What I notcide was that with about 2 minutes left we had a corner (free kick by corner?) where usually we would have tapped it to each other and mucked about for a while. But yesterday they just hit it over and they broke upfield.

What was that all about?

That was gundo free kick. And I just before I clearly heard razza saying “na bro” to tell him just to play short.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby zuricity » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:24 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:
Mase wrote:And also I loved Gundo with that free kick just standing there not even making an attempt to take the kick :lol: well worth the booking.

Shocking refereeing, that, imho. The Burnley player was about 6 yards away from him and Gundo signaled this to the ref. That's who should have been booked. Just shit, anti-City ref-ing as usual.

Spot on

I counted five complete and basic mistakes by the ref yesterday, that confirms to me that this fella has never played the game. It was laughable that he booked Gundo.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:31 pm

zuricity wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:
Mase wrote:And also I loved Gundo with that free kick just standing there not even making an attempt to take the kick :lol: well worth the booking.

Shocking refereeing, that, imho. The Burnley player was about 6 yards away from him and Gundo signaled this to the ref. That's who should have been booked. Just shit, anti-City ref-ing as usual.

Spot on

I counted five complete and basic mistakes by the ref yesterday, that confirms to me that this fella has never played the game. It was laughable that he booked Gundo.

The first of which was giving Barnes a free kick for backing into Kompany when the latter was jumping for a header, gets right on my tits that, what Barnes is doing there is dangerous and anyone that has played the game knows as much. Thankfully his incompetence didn't cost us.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby zuricity » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:35 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
zuricity wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:

Spot on

The first of which was giving Barnes a free kick for backing into Kompany when the latter was jumping for a header, gets right on my tits that, what Barnes is doing there is dangerous and anyone that has played the game knows as much. Thankfully his incompetence didn't cost us.

Exactly, it was after that complete cough up, i watched him more closely. this is what i mean when i say, i can only think these refs have never really played the game. It was an 'offensive' obstruction on Kompany. He made no attempt to play the ball and moved into Kompany. It looked like Kompany had done something wrong when he had not.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Return to The Maine Football forum