El Gordo Camerero (The fat waiter)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: El Gordo Camerero (The fat waiter)

Postby City64 » Fri May 03, 2019 8:35 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I expected every week something from other teams, yet here we are.
For me, Newcastle is the last place where they can lose points in this battle, so probably they will win with by a small margin,

Benitez will lie down, I reckon.

(I will hope I will eat my words tomorrow)

Hope, as they say, will kill you, so a very good way at looking at things.

Glass half full ...... yours is fucking empty, my friend ;-)

Usually is, Beef.
I am more realistic, to be honest. The great Emerich Jenei (manager of Steaua and maybe the best ever romanian manager) had a famous word: Do not make illusions so you do not have disillusion. Sounds better in romanian, but you get the point.

But for instance, tomorrow I will watch the game. I avoided all of 2019 untill wednesday. They lost 3-0. So I might have something here. :lol:

Romania ? Where the fuck is Romania ??? Is it near Skegness ???
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Fri May 03, 2019 8:56 pm

City64 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I expected every week something from other teams, yet here we are.
For me, Newcastle is the last place where they can lose points in this battle, so probably they will win with by a small margin,

Usually is, Beef.
I am more realistic, to be honest. The great Emerich Jenei (manager of Steaua and maybe the best ever romanian manager) had a famous word: Do not make illusions so you do not have disillusion. Sounds better in romanian, but you get the point.

But for instance, tomorrow I will watch the game. I avoided all of 2019 untill wednesday. They lost 3-0. So I might have something here. :lol:

A little bit to the south from there.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby budfox » Fri May 03, 2019 8:59 pm

2-2
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri May 03, 2019 8:59 pm

City64 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Usually is, Beef.

Watch yourself, Vampires will have you! Skeggie is just about getting stoned.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PeterParker » Fri May 03, 2019 9:03 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
City64 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Usually is, Beef.

Watch yourself, Vampires will have you! Skeggie is just about getting stoned.

I am glad that in my 9 years here no one noticed that I log in only after dark.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Bear60 » Fri May 03, 2019 9:19 pm

I like the opening post , but the truth is people on here have been saying dippers will slip up all season but they haven’t we can not rely on other teams to do us any favours yes it would be marvellous if they did but it’s up to us To win the two remaining games and as the fat waiter would say that is fact
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby bigblue » Sat May 04, 2019 1:47 am

I agree that newcastle is the best chance of them dropping points after the loss to Barca. But Wolves is not an easy team to face, they love to up their game vs the top teams
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zuricity » Sat May 04, 2019 5:01 am

bigblue wrote:

I agree that newcastle is the best chance of them dropping points after the loss to Barca. But Wolves is not an easy team to face, they love to up their game vs the top teams

I think that Wolves are on their way to becoming a top team . They need to add more skilled players to continuously attempt to break down those teams at the bottom that play with eleven defenders . Top teams are more open at the back, which the current squad are capable of exploiting.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat May 04, 2019 7:08 am

Bear60 wrote:I like the opening post , but the truth is people on here have been saying dippers will slip up all season but they haven’t we can not rely on other teams to do us any favours yes it would be marvellous if they did but it’s up to us To win the two remaining games and as the fat waiter would say that is fact

With all the fawning over the Dippers from the media I think that it had some Blues believing that it was them who would win it without losing a game.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sat May 04, 2019 7:22 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Bear60 wrote:I like the opening post , but the truth is people on here have been saying dippers will slip up all season but they haven’t we can not rely on other teams to do us any favours yes it would be marvellous if they did but it’s up to us To win the two remaining games and as the fat waiter would say that is fact

With all the fawning over the Dippers from the media I think that it had some Blues believing that it was them who would win it without losing a game.

To be fair they've only lost once all season and that was to us.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat May 04, 2019 8:24 am

Oddly, the Wolves v. Fulham game is equally (if not more) important for us today. A Wolves win pretty much eliminates Leicester from European contention, so potentially they'll be less up for the fight come Monday night. Also, a Wolves win puts them in the driving seat for confirming European football on the final day of the season against Liverpool. A defeat could see them lose that place to Everton (who play Spurs in the final game, so anything could happen there).
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Dubciteh » Sat May 04, 2019 8:30 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:Oddly, the Wolves v. Fulham game is equally (if not more) important for us today. A Wolves win pretty much eliminates Leicester from European contention, so potentially they'll be less up for the fight come Monday night. Also, a Wolves win puts them in the driving seat for confirming European football on the final day of the season against Liverpool. A defeat could see them lose that place to Everton (who play Spurs in the final game, so anything could happen there).

If wolves win they have nothing to play for against the dippers. They cant move positions.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat May 04, 2019 8:34 am

Dubciteh wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:Oddly, the Wolves v. Fulham game is equally (if not more) important for us today. A Wolves win pretty much eliminates Leicester from European contention, so potentially they'll be less up for the fight come Monday night. Also, a Wolves win puts them in the driving seat for confirming European football on the final day of the season against Liverpool. A defeat could see them lose that place to Everton (who play Spurs in the final game, so anything could happen there).

If wolves win they have nothing to play for against the dippers. They cant move positions.

Sorry, my mistake - forgot Everton only have 3 points to play for. That really makes it complicated, then! Wolves win, they've got nothing to play for v. Dippers, Wolves lose or draw, Leicester have everything to play for against us...
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat May 04, 2019 10:12 am

Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

It is a fair point and I am not disrespecting what they have done but that isn't the story, that's how the Dippers want it to be written in history. The reason they are 2nd at the moment is because they've drawn too many which has a huge impact when you drop 2 points. That's the point of the scoring system, trying to ensure teams play for the win. Says it all that we've lost 4 games but still leading.

It's not the one loss that could do them, it's the 7 draws that could see them off, and some they were fortunate to get.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sat May 04, 2019 10:29 am

^^^^^^^

Three times , goalies have gifted Scouse2 the win.

How many offside goals ? how many dives ?

So that should really be at least 10 draws.

Then there's "That penalty". A draw becomes a loss.

City lost three times, twice to a wonder goal and a third time to a stupid penalty gift Against Chelski we gifted them one chance and it screwed the game up for us, the fourth loss.

It's frightening to think what might happen next season when , finally Pep gets it right !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat May 04, 2019 10:35 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

It is a fair point and I am not disrespecting what they have done but that isn't the story, that's how the Dippers want it to be written in history. The reason they are 2nd at the moment is because they've drawn too many which has a huge impact when you drop 2 points. That's the point of the scoring system, trying to ensure teams play for the win. Says it all that we've lost 4 games but still leading.

It's not the one loss that could do them, it's the 7 draws that could see them off, and some they were fortunate to get.

The almost invincibles.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sat May 04, 2019 7:26 pm

We got our answer.

he is a bent clown.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat May 04, 2019 7:40 pm

PeterParker wrote:We got our answer.

he is a bent clown.

Let's see how they come out in the second half, probably walk on the pitch eating a pizza.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Michigan Blue » Sat May 04, 2019 7:43 pm

PeterParker wrote:We got our answer.

he is a bent clown.

He still lives in Merseyside and he knows that he and his family would legitimately be in danger if Newcastle get a result today.

One upside of your support having a history of killing people I guess.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby PeterParker » Sat May 04, 2019 8:43 pm

Give them a proper hug, Rafael, you did your job perfectly.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum