Brighton v Champions Countdown

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Brighton v Champions Countdown

Postby City64 » Fri May 10, 2019 4:46 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
salford city wrote:
branny wrote:
City64 wrote:So many shithouses on one thread dearly me .
Brighton suddenly are going to be out of this world when they have been shite all season and only just avoided relegation? Bookies have us 3/19 on to win . Ignore the media enjoy the situation support your team and the very very least keep the faith !
An early goal for city and we could rack up a cricket score !

We scored early in the semi final but no cricket score. I just hope we get in front before the Dippers do or the pressure's on.

I think a lot on here are buying into the media dipper wank-fest. We need to win this game in order to win back -to-back titles for the first time in our history. Do you really think that the players are not aware of this & what they need to do to get this over the line, for it to become the second of what could be an unprecedented domestic treble clean sweep.
Off course there will be nerves & pressure but the fact is we have had that in the league since the Newcastle defeat & we have won every single league game since that
Keep the faith boys - as the stickers say that the youmg 'uns stick around everywhere that we go, Man City - Keep on keeping on

I am not sure what Liverpool has to do with me being nervous about the final match. It's a huge match with so much at stake.

And the fact that Brighton were almost relegated means nothing. This isn't like playing the bottom team in Spain. Any week any club in the prem can take a point/points off of any other club. That's why the league is so great.

Brighton are near the bottom of the league because they are fucking shite , that wont change overnight they will still be fucking shite ................ Brighton also being nearly relegated means they are shite . Only the officials or some horrendous bad finishing can stop us .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby gaudy » Fri May 10, 2019 5:25 pm

Going to be in Dublin for this. Any decent pub with some blues to watch this with? I fear I’ll be surrounded by bin dipper fans whatever place I choose :roll:
gaudy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby PaulieIrish » Fri May 10, 2019 6:18 pm

I know which team I'd prefer to play out of these two:

WDLWWW : 57 pts : plan in place to get into top in coming years
LLDLDD : 36 pts : premier league place confirmed by Cardiff loss

We will win the league.
PaulieIrish
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri May 10, 2019 8:12 pm

I know the answer to this but Im sure there are some on here that want to literally beat Liverpool to the title...so who wants to see this on Sunday?:

4-4 at Anfield
Brighton 4-0

....we'd be level on points, GD, goal scored, & goals conceded meaning a single-match playoff for the title. Winner take all.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby City64 » Fri May 10, 2019 8:40 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:I know the answer to this but Im sure there are some on here that want to literally beat Liverpool to the title...so who wants to see this on Sunday?:

4-4 at Anfield
Brighton 4-0

....we'd be level on points, GD, goal scored, & goals conceded meaning a single-match playoff for the title. Winner take all.

What an absolute media driven fucking melon .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri May 10, 2019 9:03 pm

Haha! Id rather destroy Brighton but that would be a crazy situation
Saul Goodman

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri May 10, 2019 9:35 pm

gaudy wrote:Going to be in Dublin for this. Any decent pub with some blues to watch this with? I fear I’ll be surrounded by bin dipper fans whatever place I choose :roll:

Good luck finding blues in any pub, you might find the odd one or two but wherever you go it'll be full of Liverpool fans.

This is a good spot to watch football

http://www.sinnotts.ie
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri May 10, 2019 10:10 pm

It's the media that are getting us on edge but the reality is that it should be a contest, just not much of one.

Thinking logically I have 100 per cent confidence that we will win on Sunday, even if Brighton are aided by the officials. They haven't won a single PL in their last 9 attempts and only missed relegation because 3 other teams were absolutely atrocious.

The biggest question isn't about us, it's about what Wolves can do at Anfield, but that doesn't make a story and gain clicks.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zuricity » Sat May 11, 2019 4:42 am

Saul Goodman wrote:I know the answer to this but Im sure there are some on here that want to literally beat Liverpool to the title...so who wants to see this on Sunday?:

4-4 at Anfield
Brighton 4-0

Don't you have anything better to do with your time ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby salford city » Sat May 11, 2019 8:08 am

Beefymcfc wrote:It's the media that are getting us on edge but the reality is that it should be a contest, just not much of one.

Thinking logically I have 100 per cent confidence that we will win on Sunday, even if Brighton are aided by the officials. They haven't won a single PL in their last 9 attempts and only missed relegation because 3 other teams were absolutely atrocious.

The biggest question isn't about us, it's about what Wolves can do at Anfield, but that doesn't make a story and gain clicks.

This all day for me and is what I said earlier in this thread. It's been the same all season and I don't know why some blues let it get into their heads. We will come out all guns blazing tomorrow and there will be a vigil at anfield by half time with the commentary telling the deluded fuck-wits that they've had a great season, would have won it every other year with their points total. Unfortunately, they will still be looking up at us
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat May 11, 2019 8:18 am

The narrative now is, even if City win the league dipperpool are the best team. Two articles in the Mail today, one Martin Samuels justifies this claim by naming more liverpool players in a combined team, also saying Pep has the best record, but Klopp the better players, which is bollocks.
But that is the narrative dipperpool are the better team whatever we do.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby zuricity » Sat May 11, 2019 8:54 am

Harry Dowd scored wrote:The narrative now is, even if City win the league dipperpool are the best team. Two articles in the Mail today, one Martin Samuels justifies this claim by naming more liverpool players in a combined team, also saying Pep has the best record, but Klopp the better players, which is bollocks.

Spuds will beat scouse2 in Madrid.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby blues2win » Sat May 11, 2019 5:03 pm

Two things needed above all else tomorrow. Sharpness in front of goal. We’ll get enough chances to win for sure. Second discipline. No red cards. Get those two things right and we’ll be celebrating at 16.50 tomorrow. Come on City!
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby zuricity » Sat May 11, 2019 5:20 pm

blues2win wrote:Two things needed above all else tomorrow. Sharpness in front of goal. We’ll get enough chances to win for sure. Second discipline. No red cards. Get those two things right and we’ll be celebrating at 16.50 tomorrow. Come on City!

Mike isn't the ref tomorrow. However this useless nkob Oliver is known for making weird decisions.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Sat May 11, 2019 6:06 pm

Hearing hundreds of blues are already in Brighton tonight having one fucking huge party !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat May 11, 2019 7:38 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:The narrative now is, even if City win the league dipperpool are the best team. Two articles in the Mail today, one Martin Samuels justifies this claim by naming more liverpool players in a combined team, also saying Pep has the best record, but Klopp the better players, which is bollocks.

Take it as a compliment because if he thinks that then we've done better as a team than they have, you're only as good as your weakest link.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat May 11, 2019 7:52 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Take it as a compliment because if he thinks that then we've done better as a team than they have, you're only as good as your weakest link.

Correct, but the point I am trying to make is the machieveln spin, that whatever we do, the dippers are better.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby bigblue » Sat May 11, 2019 7:53 pm

looks like it goes both ways dippers:

bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat May 11, 2019 8:08 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Correct, but the point I am trying to make is the machieveln spin, that whatever we do, the dippers are better.

I'm with you, mate, and will probably put something together prior to the match.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat May 11, 2019 8:10 pm

bigblue wrote:looks like it goes both ways dippers:

Still in my dreamteam, and he's got a place for life now.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum