Brighton v Champions Countdown

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Brighton v Champions Countdown

Postby ruralblue » Thu May 09, 2019 4:12 pm

It's pretty much nailed on to go a little something like this...... Liverpool go one up very early on, we struggle to break down Brightons defence with chance after chance not going in. We get really panicked towards end of second half..... Then Wolves get an equaliser in injury time and we pip them on goal difference.

Fuck that shit. Out the blocks all guns blazing, four nil up by half time, party through the second half with a couple more and wolves fuck Liverpool over as they cannot keep up concentration cause Raheem Sterling.... He's Top Of The League
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby nottsblue » Thu May 09, 2019 4:50 pm

sheblue wrote:I am dreading this game. Not even sure if I will be able to watch. But I know I will anyway.
Remember 1995 or 96 I think when the rags need to win their last game and they cocked it up.
It happens.

Exactly. Was it the year Blackburn won when the rags drew 0-0 at West Ham with the goalie Miklosko(?) having the game of his life?
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Thu May 09, 2019 4:58 pm

salford city wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:dave silva on the bench, please. cannot afford any passengers.

To be replaced by who - Mangala?

Mangala scoring the winner in the 95th minute.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Thu May 09, 2019 5:03 pm

Second to last game of a long season. Fatigue now doesn’t enter the equation, the winning post is so close, adrenaline and the taste of victory should see us home. Tiredness is no excuse now.

As such, we need to rock with our strongest XI and let Brighton worry about us. And to be fair that seems to have been Peps MO for the entire season so I can’t see him changing that. He knows we are the best team

Ederson
Walker, Kompany, Laporte, Zinchenko
Bernado, Gundogan, Silva
Mahrez, Aguero, Sterling

I know, I know, Mahrez. But Sterling seems to prefer and perform better on the left so Mahrez would slot in on the right better than Sane. Bernado in the middle replaces Foden
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby aaron bond » Thu May 09, 2019 5:05 pm

The team that is top going into the final day wins the league.

Our players know what they have to do and will deliver.

Last season we had nothing to play for with 5 games to go but the players played their hearts out until the end.

They will do the same this Sunday.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby mr_nool » Thu May 09, 2019 5:37 pm

aaron bond wrote:The team that is top going into the final day wins the league.

Our players know what they have to do and will deliver.

Last season we had nothing to play for with 5 games to go but the players played their hearts out until the end.

They will do the same this Sunday.

Still, we needed a injury time wonder goal from Jesus to get that final day win and become centurions.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby bigblue » Thu May 09, 2019 6:39 pm

idiot of the day:

the dippers have played at the highest level eh? Is that why there's a team with more points and a higher goal difference above them in the table? Fuck Brighton, we need to smash them 5 or 6 nil on Sunday
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu May 09, 2019 6:50 pm

Good...that means they wont defend for 90 mins.

0-5
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dubciteh » Thu May 09, 2019 7:06 pm

Im in torremolimos/benalmadena with a load of dippers on a stag for this. Is there any city bars in the area that i can get some peace to watch the game in? Supporters clubs or anything? I dont mind traveling a bit out for the comfort.

Cheers
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby mr_nool » Thu May 09, 2019 7:08 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Good...that means they wont defend for 90 mins.

0-5

"We will try everything to take a point from Manchester City."

Sounds very much like parking the bus to me.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby blues2win » Thu May 09, 2019 7:09 pm

The only danger of dropping points is a lack of discipline and a red card. Need to be right at it from the first minute till the last seconds of time added on. Then Vinny will hold up the Trophy.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu May 09, 2019 7:38 pm

mr_nool wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Good...that means they wont defend for 90 mins.

0-5

"We will try everything to take a point from Manchester City."

Sounds very much like parking the bus to me.

I think they will have a go , nothing to lose for them and to defend is just embarrassing for them at home on the last day.

If it transpires that they do indeed defend like the non entity club that they are , then we should start shooting from outside the box instead of players like Silva trying to dribble the ball into the net..the last few games have not been easy.
Last edited by carl_feedthegoat on Thu May 09, 2019 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu May 09, 2019 7:46 pm

Dubciteh wrote:Im in torremolimos/benalmadena with a load of dippers on a stag for this. Is there any city bars in the area that i can get some peace to watch the game in? Supporters clubs or anything? I dont mind traveling a bit out for the comfort.

Cheers

city64 is your man for advice on chavvy spanish resorts
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu May 09, 2019 7:56 pm

bigblue wrote:idiot of the day:

the dippers have played at the highest level eh? Is that why there's a team with more points and a higher goal difference above them in the table? Fuck Brighton, we need to smash them 5 or 6 nil on Sunday

What is it with these cunts trying to get their 15 seconds in the limelight, the plum even contradicts himself in less than 3 sentences. Being professional is playing your game to the best of your ability and playing for a win. That fucking idiot has said he just wants to stop us which probably means he's a fucking Dipper lover anyway.

Pity they're safe otherwise I'd want the stupid twats getting a good kicking and being relegated on the last game of the season.

Saying that, it's not only him, the amount of dickheads coming out in support of the Dippers is ridiculous, even though every poll of neutral fans is contradictory to their view.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu May 09, 2019 8:07 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

What is it with these cunts trying to get their 15 seconds in the limelight, the plum even contradicts himself in less than 3 sentences. Being professional is playing your game to the best of your ability and playing for a win. That fucking idiot has said he just wants to stop us which probably means he's a fucking Dipper lover anyway.

Pity they're safe otherwise I'd want the stupid twats getting a good kicking and being relegated on the last game of the season.

Saying that, it's not only him, the amount of dickheads coming out in support of the Dippers is ridiculous, even though every poll of neutral fans is contradictory to their view.

Brightons goalie has just had a wank about wanting to spoil our day...he has family that are all dipper fans.....hope we put 10 past the cunt.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Thu May 09, 2019 8:10 pm

Preferred it against QPR when most of them wanted us to win.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu May 09, 2019 8:21 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Brightons goalie has just had a wank about wanting to spoil our day...he has family that are all dipper fans.....hope we put 10 past the cunt.

Why even open your mouth, these things have a habit of coming back and biting you on the arse. Regardless of the game on Sunday, our team will be aware of these comments and will meet them again next season, and they won't hold back.

I'd imagine quite a few of their fans want a Dipper win as well, probably been their first team since the 70s.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu May 09, 2019 8:22 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:Preferred it against QPR when most of them wanted us to win.

Only after they heard Bolton were down against Stoke, then they could party.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu May 09, 2019 8:34 pm

Dunk & Duffy were incredible vs Arsenal last week. Theyre going to be hard to beat.
This match could be quite nerve-wracking. Our recent 1-0 dip in form isnt promising going up against a team like Brighton. If we'd been scoring freely recently Id be much more confident.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu May 09, 2019 8:47 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Dunk & Duffy were incredible vs Arsenal last week. Theyre going to be hard to beat.
This match could be quite nerve-wracking. Our recent 1-0 dip in form isnt promising going up against a team like Brighton. If we'd been scoring freely recently Id be much more confident.

Could be nerve-wracking, my nails have already gone and we've still got 3 games left. By 3 o'clock Sunday I'll be a quivering wreck locked under the stairs!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum