Lawro & DC Predictions v Seagulls (A)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro & DC Predictions v Seagulls (A)

Postby Wonderwall » Sat May 11, 2019 11:12 am

This weekend Lawro is up against hip hop star and Liverpool fan (of course because its the Biased Broadcasting Corporation) Loyle Carner, who is excited about the final day of the season, and dreading it at the same time.
"I am equally petrified and ecstatic," Carner told BBC Sport."But it has been a fantastic season and, whatever happens next in the title race, the standard of competition with City has been so high. "Right now, though, I am probably more excited about playing Spurs in the Champions League final than the final day of the Premier League season, because it is in our hands and it feels more achievable.

Lawro says

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48203351

Brighton are safe and they have started scoring goals again. With one in each of their past two games, they are hardly prolific - but that is a big improvement after they went seven games without managing any at all.

The Seagulls' strength is definitely in their defence and, although their fans would probably prefer to see them have a little bit of a go here, I can see them focusing on making things difficult for City rather than going out to attack them.

Chris Hughton's side only lost to City by a single goal in last month's FA Cup semi-final, but that was because their gameplan was to stop them, rather than try to hurt them. He will probably try to keep things tight again this time too. There could still be some nervous moments for Pep Guardiola's side, the longer the score stays at 0-0 or even 1-0, and if there are reports coming in of Liverpool getting goals at Anfield, but they are used to dealing with that kind of pressure.

I am expecting them to win comfortably but, even if it comes to the crunch in the final 10 minutes and City still need a goal, I think they will get it. However they manage it, a win would mean City are champions and end an absolutely brilliant title race.

The top two teams are miles ahead of the rest and, as things stand, I don't see that changing next season.

Lawro's prediction: 0-3

Loyle's prediction: It might sound like I am going with my heart over my head here, but I honestly don't know how this one will go. City have not been scoring many goals recently and I know they have still been getting the job done but if I am a lucky boy then Brighton might notch one too. I am a big fan of Seagulls striker Glenn Murray, so I hope that he will do something. 1-1

Their Liverpool Prediction

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Loyle's prediction:
Wolves are such a good team and, if we do beat them and win the title, I reckon they will score as well.

Will we edge it? Yes. Will it be tight? Yes. I wish City were playing them and we were at Brighton because I'd actually be more confident that we would win the title. So, our work is going to be cut out and I can imagine a scenario where City aren't winning and we need a goal. That kind of tension will be too much for me, but the players just have to get on with their jobs and do their bit, whatever is happening on the south coast. 2-1

Merson says

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ester-city

I just can't see Man City not winning. Nothing shocks me in football after the Champions League this week. But when you look at this week, the two teams who came back are very good teams, with very good players. Even though it was a miracle, people will say miracles happen, Brighton have a chance - they're not the same class as the players who did what they did this week.

They're grinding results out as well. At the start of the season they were wiping the floor with teams, now they're not but they're keeping clean sheets, being hard to beat and nicking goals. There was a bit of panic with Man City on Monday - no disrespect but Vincent Kompany's shot should have gone 50 yards over! But they should be fine.

PAUL PREDICTS: 0-3

Merson Liverpool prediction

If Man City go ahead early, Liverpool have got to just get this game out of their memory, get it out of the way. They might need to get in front early doors, but if Man City go 2-0 up, they've got to start thinking about the game in three weeks in my opinion. Wolves will be dangerous, but there's no place like Liverpool. It'll be a hard game for them, though.

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro & DC Predictions v Seagulls (A)

Postby nottsblue » Sat May 11, 2019 2:37 pm

Take either Lawro or DC’s prediction to come to fruition.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 12, 2019 1:38 am

I bet wolves are pissed off at the dippers who think it’s a fucking dead cert they win their match -

Fuck me - the hatred I have for them surpasses any hate I have or had for the Munchens , papers full of dipper this and dipper that and dipper jism everywhere —— stinks .

I swear I’d never shag a scouse bint.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun May 12, 2019 2:40 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I bet wolves are pissed off at the dippers who think it’s a fucking dead cert they win their match -

Fuck me - the hatred I have for them surpasses any hate I have or had for the Munchens , papers full of dipper this and dipper that and dipper jism everywhere —— stinks .

I swear I’d never shag a scouse bint.

I think it’s even worse here at the moment. Optus who have bought the prem rights here have been posting anti city pro any team playing city shite for weeks with zero mention of anyone being able to beat Liverpool. Rogers helping his old friends, Matt Ryan photo shopped into a Liverpool kit, you name it they post it. Wankers.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Return to The Maine Football forum