2019/20 Kit Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 2019/20 Kit Thread

Postby Nickyboy » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:22 am

I really like all three, although I think the 3rd will only look good on the players and kids. Not one for your average middle aged fan like me.
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:31 am

PrezIke wrote:
bigblue wrote:I think the away and 3rd kit are class. Especially the away kit

Everyone going on how awful the 3rd kit is is probably, sorry to offend as I don't mean to, likely a middle aged or above white bloke lol.

TBF, that's a lot of our fan base, I know, but I don't think they make the 3rd kit for that crowd.

Our multi-coloured striped purple & orange 2nd or 3rd away kit 2 seasons ago which some also hated I thought was mint.

I actually bought one, but I didn't like the V neck cut so sent it back, nor do I usually like that cut on kits as I'm not thick in the neck area. Last season's kits were all V neck, and whilst I liked the rest of the design for the away kit, I didn't get it because of that.

Are you discriminating against middle aged life long city fans that have followed city through thick and thin ??? To be fair that monstrosity of a third kit sums up modern day football day trippers and tourists , it is perfect for them !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PrezIke » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:23 pm

City64 wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

Everyone going on how awful the 3rd kit is is probably, sorry to offend as I don't mean to, likely a middle aged or above white bloke lol.

TBF, that's a lot of our fan base, I know, but I don't think they make the 3rd kit for that crowd.

Our multi-coloured striped purple & orange 2nd or 3rd away kit 2 seasons ago which some also hated I thought was mint.

I actually bought one, but I didn't like the V neck cut so sent it back, nor do I usually like that cut on kits as I'm not thick in the neck area. Last season's kits were all V neck, and whilst I liked the rest of the design for the away kit, I didn't get it because of that.

Are you discriminating against middle aged life long city fans that have followed city through thick and thin ??? To be fair that monstrosity of a third kit sums up modern day football day trippers and tourists , it is perfect for them !!!

Nah mate, I would never do that. I do think you are correct in that the 3rd kit is made for a different audience.

Younger fans, and certainly female fans (I read some tweets from older fans who said their daughter's love it). Notice that the photo shoot was with a female fan. I believe she was Asian. The other lad was black. We are a global club at this point with fans all over the world.

However, there are also young and "'hip" Mancs out there and other long time City fans into "edgier" fashion who I think might like the kit.
Last edited by PrezIke on Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:29 pm

Also, seeing the home kit now, I like it.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby dazby » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:30 pm

Oh it is smokin hot! I love it.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:34 am

Hopefully that one they wore today was just for this Asian Cup. It's awful. Whats up with that sponsor across the top of the back? The player names look dumb all shoved down lower like that.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby City64 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:54 am

PrezIke wrote:
City64 wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

Nah mate, I would never do that. I do think you are correct in that the 3rd kit is made for a different audience.

Younger fans, and certainly female fans (I read some tweets from older fans who said their daughter's love it). Notice that the photo shoot was with a female fan. I believe she was Asian. The other lad was black. We are a global club at this point with fans all over the world.

However, there are also young and "'hip" Mancs out there and other long time City fans into "edgier" fashion who I think might like the kit.

I can categorically state there won’t be hardly any of those diabolical 3rd kits sold in fantastically cool Manchester pal apart from those that reside canal street and a few Asian uni / college attendees. Cult laughing stock status if seen worn at any home game at the Etihad for sure !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby hastingsblue » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:31 pm

question that may have been covered elsewhere , but hey

puma shirts , how are they sizing up compared to previous offerings

nike and umbro fits were good , dont want to take the plunge and end up looking pregnant
Wembley 2011 & 2013. FA Cup Final...... I Was There!
hastingsblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:59 pm

hastingsblue wrote:question that may have been covered elsewhere , but hey

puma shirts , how are they sizing up compared to previous offerings

nike and umbro fits were good , dont want to take the plunge and end up looking pregnant

Honestly think you'd be best trying one on. Even if it's a rivals shirt made by Puma in a sports shop to get an idea. For the first time, after trying one on at the stadium, I've gone for the next size up. But I do buy mine knowing that I need to fit a few layers underneath it in winter, to wear at games.

Sorry if that's no help, I guess everyone's different.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby hastingsblue » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:04 pm

it backs up what i suspected.. thanks..
held up an arsenal shirt - couldnt put it on... and that was a size up.

would be easier if i could get to a shop that stocked , but hey it is what it is...
Wembley 2011 & 2013. FA Cup Final...... I Was There!
hastingsblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum