Welcome Rodrigo Hernandez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Welcome Rodrigo Hernandez

Postby sheblue » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:27 pm

Gundo on his own? What? When did that man ever put in a crunching tackle on the field of play? When did he ever break up play like Fern? When does he ever stop the counters?

He is as passive as they come, the German Nasri.

That man is not good enough end of.

Squad league cup player who these last two seasons for no real reason whatsoever has become a first choice starter.

Absolutely fuming that we have such dross in the team.
And some people still think we can win the league with shite like that in the side. :oops: :x
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:50 am

sheblue wrote:Gundo on his own? What? When did that man ever put in a crunching tackle on the field of play? When did he ever break up play like Fern? When does he ever stop the counters?

Squad league cup player who these last two seasons for no real reason whatsoever has become a first choice starter.

And some people still think we can win the league with shite like that in the side. :oops: :x

That’s a bit harsh IMO especially coming after yesterday’s match when he played well, scored our only goal and came very close at the end to score a second.
You forget that in our last PL winning season, he played alone in about the last 10 of our games when Ferna was injured and he did the job well enough especially in those tight 1 nil wins. We won the league and the FA Cup with Ilkay alone in that holding midfield role !
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Dimples » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:19 am

Dubaimancityfan wrote:
sheblue wrote:Gundo on his own? What? When did that man ever put in a crunching tackle on the field of play? When did he ever break up play like Fern? When does he ever stop the counters?

That’s a bit harsh IMO especially coming after yesterday’s match when he played well, scored our only goal and came very close at the end to score a second.
You forget that in our last PL winning season, he played alone in about the last 10 of our games when Ferna was injured and he did the job well enough especially in those tight 1 nil wins. We won the league and the FA Cup with Ilkay alone in that holding midfield role !

I agree with sheblue on this.
Gundo's best assets are he can sniff out goal opps and he puts in a shift.
On all the other stuff I agree with sheblue, he is simply not good enough.
As pointed out in another thread, there is no comparison between the current midfield and our previous one i.e. Yaya, big Dave, younger fern.....,
We will not win the PL with the current midfield
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:44 am

Dimples wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:

I agree with sheblue on this.
Gundo's best assets are he can sniff out goal opps and he puts in a shift.
On all the other stuff I agree with sheblue, he is simply not good enough.
As pointed out in another thread, there is no comparison between the current midfield and our previous one i.e. Yaya, big Dave, younger fern.....,
We will not win the PL with the current midfield

You get no argument from me on your point that our current midfield is not even close to be as good as the guys you mention. My point was that Gundo is not as bad as sheblue made him out to be. For instance, don’t you think he could have played alone as DM against Westbrom ? For that matter Rodri could have also done it, so what’s the point of playing them both ?? What was Pep thinking, Bernardo (as unimpressive that he is this season) could have been much more useful.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:18 am

As others pointed out he did this role for the second of the 18/19 season and we won about 100 games in a row and 3 cups.

No one said he was peak ferna but we can just buy players everytime for a position we need. Gundo is perfectly fine for most games there against the tripe we face.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby stupot » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:48 am

Dubciteh wrote:

As others pointed out he did this role for the second of the 18/19 season and we won about 100 games in a row and 3 cups.

No one said he was peak ferna but we can just buy players everytime for a position we need. Gundo is perfectly fine for most games there against the tripe we

face.

As you rightly state he played 14 in a row in that position at the end of 18/19 and we won the lot. He doesn't put in crunching tackles but he gets away with it because his positional play is great as is his passing which like Fern tends to be forward passing.
It's not just Pep that loves him, Klopp played him all the time at Dortmund including a Champs League Final that he scored and he's a regular for Germany.
Best player the other night.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:39 am

Dortmund.
17/18.
18/19.
Are all in the past.
I am talking about the team of 20/21.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:02 am

Agree that either/or is the way to go with Rodri and Gundo, preferably the latter.

I've held off on Rodri as I said I'd wait until his second season but I'm still waiting to see what he adds, an expensive mistake.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby stupot » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:27 am

sheblue wrote:Dortmund.
17/18.
18/19.
Are all in the past.

I was talking about 20/21 when i said he was the best player the other night.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:57 pm

Rodri has become Integral, but as Long as we have Y in the day I do not see it.

He is no enforcer, his strength is not his Vieira type build to dominate or goals, he is not box to box wtf is he. Gundo BTW, is being asked to
To do things he did not do at Dortmund, where he linked with Lewdowski when he is in the last third he finishes like a forward. We need a top class forward it will give us all a lift and the midfield a better option, Jesus love him lacks the Xfactor needed for a club with our expectations. If we rely on Peps search for perfect Jigsaw pieces I fear a very long season similar to last season, plus the defence will have bad days, without forwards who offer MF and us hope they can deliver week in week out.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:11 pm

stupot wrote:
17/18.
18/19.
Are all in the past.

Thats subjective, even so IF he was better than the rest of them, that doesn't really mean a lot.
Its as clear as gin, he is not good enough, but in his defense, he is not alone.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:53 pm

He can't track back.
In his position that is critical, however, his ball control is very Yayaesque.

Maybe try him up a bit?
With Fern near he plays with more freedom.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby zuricity » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:56 pm

Still got the hots for Gündo then ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:59 pm

Love the bloke.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zuricity » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:06 pm

sheblue wrote:
stupot wrote:
17/18.
18/19.
Are all in the past.

Thats subjective, even so IF he was better than the rest of them, that doesn't really mean a lot.
Its as clear as gin, he is not good enough, but in his defense, he is not alone.

You've gone way out on a limb about gündo.

He is playing very well now , since early November. He controlled the midfield tonight. something that Tin tin has been struggling to do for some games. Perhaps tin tin needs a rest but Gündo is making things happen at the moment.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:07 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Love the bloke.

You really need to buy a working tv :lol:
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:41 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Love the bloke.

You really need to buy a working tv :lol:

I’m a glass half full type of guy who always looks for the positives. Not seen enough to say he needs to go but seen enough to say that he’s doing a good job - nobody can replace Fern for what he does, only evolve things in a different way.

Fuck, did i just see somebody dis’in the Gundogan? What a player he’s been lately.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby sheblue » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:48 am

zuricity wrote:
sheblue wrote:
stupot wrote:
17/18.
18/19.
Are all in the past.

He is playing very well now , since early November. He controlled the midfield tonight. something that Tin tin has been struggling to do for some games. Perhaps tin tin needs a rest but Gündo is making things happen at the moment.

Out on a limb, no. Look as said before he is a good player but not top tier. A level down from prime silva or yaya. When the big games come it will be seen if the fall in standards that gundo and rodri bring will be good enough.
At the moment the performances of others are negating the problem, but whether that will be enough is to be seen.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:50 am

Improving, thought he looked really good last night.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby stupot » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:06 am

sheblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:
sheblue wrote:
stupot wrote:
17/18.
18/19.
Are all in the past.

Out on a limb, no. Look as said before he is a good player but not top tier. A level down from prime silva or yaya. When the big games come it will be seen if the fall in standards that gundo and rodri bring will be good enough.
At the moment the performances of others are negating the problem, but whether that will be enough is to be seen.

He played against prime Silva and Yaya for Dortmund against us and was the best player on the pitch by a country mile.
He's been awesome this season for us.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum