Welcome Rodrigo Hernandez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Welcome Rodrigo Hernandez

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:51 am

Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:We went from rapid play that no one could keep up with - to Rodri and Mahrez being bought and slowing our play right down. Teams couldn’t keep up with us, and when that changed we looked and look far worse.

we need this lad back to sort it out Mase

Nige sent me that yesterday as well. Absolute legend that we’ve failed to replace imo.

The contribution of him and many others, makes the billion we have wasted even more worrying. With what we have spent how has anyone caught us?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:55 am

Rodri pissed me off yesterday, he was so slow he tried a tactical foul 3 times and missed all 3. How the fuck can you be too slow to even foul and start in this system?
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:56 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:We went from rapid play that no one could keep up with - to Rodri and Mahrez being bought and slowing our play right down. Teams couldn’t keep up with us, and when that changed we looked and look far worse.

we need this lad back to sort it out Mase

Nige sent me that yesterday as well. Absolute legend that we’ve failed to replace imo.

The contribution of him and many others, makes the billion we have wasted even more worrying. With what we have spent how has anyone caught us?

A record like that needs a very special scouting team. My hopes for the latest 3 are currently under siege given their track record.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:52 am

I’ve seen more than enough of him starting game after game after game and at this stage I’m convinced we will really struggle for top 4 if Pep isn’t prepared to drop Rodri and breath some life back into our midfield. I don’t care who he plays in his place.

I get that he’s a physical presence but his movement and distribution is just so slow. A player like Rodri might work in Spain but he’s not suited to the high tempo of the Premier League, when he is in possession he’s effectively allowing sides the time to organise themselves he’s that slow.

We need to move the ball quickly and effectively to hurt teams and he just doesn’t have the ability. It’s bad enough he likes to be ultra conservative with his all to familiar sideways/backwards range of passing but in the last couple of games he’s passing the ball to the opposition, even falling over the ball. As such I can’t even compliment him on his aimless ball retention as he’s even struggling with that lately.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:06 am

A crane.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby harveytravis » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:11 am

Green & Blue wrote:I’ve seen more than enough of him starting game after game after game and at this stage I’m convinced we will really struggle for top 4 if Pep isn’t prepared to drop Rodri and breath some life back into our midfield. I don’t care who he plays in his place.

I get that he’s a physical presence but his movement and distribution is just so slow. A player like Rodri might work in Spain but he’s not suited to the high tempo of the Premier League, when he is in possession he’s effectively allowing sides the time to organise themselves he’s that slow.

We need to move the ball quickly and effectively to hurt teams and he just doesn’t have the ability. It’s bad enough he likes to be ultra conservative with his all to familiar sideways/backwards range of passing but in the last couple of games he’s passing the ball to the opposition, even falling over the ball. As such I can’t even compliment him on his aimless ball retention as he’s even struggling with that lately.

Agree

Why not try Stones at number 6? He is more mobile and has better feet.

This would allow Laporte back in with Dias...
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City

Postby PeterParker » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:24 am

harveytravis wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:I’ve seen more than enough of him starting game after game after game and at this stage I’m convinced we will really struggle for top 4 if Pep isn’t prepared to drop Rodri and breath some life back into our midfield. I don’t care who he plays in his place.

Agree

Why not try Stones at number 6? He is more mobile and has better feet.

This would allow Laporte back in with Dias...

Why experiment when we have youngsters that are more capable of doing that?
Not to mention Douglas who we shipped at Villa.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby sheblue » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:50 am

PeterParker wrote:A crane.

Harsh on cranes, they are useful.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby s1ty m » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:15 pm

I have been saying he is our kryptonite for a few months now. Last night he was a shambles and needs dropping immediately. he is fucking appalling. Another, yet another, diabolical buy by our manager.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:22 pm

sheblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:A crane.

Harsh on cranes, they are useful.

Offers nothing I can see. Along with Javi Garcia Fernando plus many more we have an obsession with slow central midfielders. At a cost of 150 million we are way short in this area. Pep looks pissed. We’re pissed but somehow we are 6th with Jan window, for once use it.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby stupot » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:23 pm

Stones isn't the answer, he played in that position once against Palace at home when we got beat 3-2 and he was shocking.
Perfect Fern replacement for me is Declan Rice, i think he'd be great for us.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Scatman » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:45 pm

stupot wrote:Stones isn't the answer, he played in that position once against Palace at home when we got beat 3-2 and he was shocking.

That was such a disaster for Stones that I actually thought it was the end of him. He was utterly hopeless in that position, humiliatingly bad. But that was a different time when he was not himself by all accounts, and it doesn't mean he cannot do it more successfully this time now he appears to have shaken off a few of his demons. I say give it a go. But then I'd say give playing with 10 men a go if it meant getting Mr Tortoise out of the team.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby stupot » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:51 pm

Scatman wrote:
stupot wrote:Stones isn't the answer, he played in that position once against Palace at home when we got beat 3-2 and he was shocking.

That was such a disaster for Stones that I actually thought it was the end of him. He was utterly hopeless in that position, humiliatingly bad. But that was a different time when he was not himself by all accounts, and it doesn't mean he cannot do it more successfully this time now he appears to have shaken off a few of his demons. I say give it a go. But then I'd say give playing with 10 men a go if it meant getting Mr Tortoise out of the team.

Stones when he's playing well always seems composed when he's got time on the ball.
His brainfarts always seem to be when he's pressed and have no time on the ball and that happens in buckets in that position. Fern was a master at that role.. I look at Rice and he's totally composed all the time- gets his foot in, good passer, gets goals and is still very young.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Outcast » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:30 pm

Eduardo Camavinga

This youngster has potential to be the complete midfielder, young version of Fern, what a talent, we need to be all over this before he turns like Haaland and Mbappe price wise.

You would think our scouting would spot talent before they become superstars, ours must be complete inept.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby sheblue » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:35 pm

Outcast wrote:Eduardo Camavinga

This youngster has potential to be the complete midfielder, young version of Fern, what a talent, we need to be all over this before he turns like Haaland and Mbappe price wise.

You would think our scouting would spot talent before they become superstars, ours must be complete inept.

Already quoted at over 60m.
Can see us signing any no 6. Pep will persist with his pet puppies.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:40 pm

sheblue wrote:
Outcast wrote:Eduardo Camavinga

Already quoted at over 60m.
Can see us signing any no 6. Pep will persist with his pet puppies.

Too much money - now if only he was a Rodri or Cancelo type player !!!!!!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:48 pm

Douglas luiz. Sorted.

I like rodri as a person and in a different team he would be an asset. But im at the end of my tether with him, last night was his worst game for us. Gave away the ball under no pressure a couple of tiles, passed alot backwards as we were on the front foot, didnt tackle anyone and ambled around.

Not good enough for this city team and all our failings have come since he joined.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Dub City » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:01 pm

Would like to see Doyle get a couple of games to see what he could do but I would say the chances of him getting anything other than early FA cup games are extremely slim for the rest of the season
Dub City

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:04 pm

Dub City wrote:Would like to see Doyle get a couple of games to see what he could do but I would say the chances of him getting anything other than early FA cup games are extremely slim for the rest of the season

Any time i seen him play at youth level he plays further forward.

I mentioned this in the other thread but gundo on his own is fine against 90percent of teams in the league. Bring in fern or crane for bigger teams and we will win the league.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Dub City » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:12 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
Dub City wrote:Would like to see Doyle get a couple of games to see what he could do but I would say the chances of him getting anything other than early FA cup games are extremely slim for the rest of the season

Any time i seen him play at youth level he plays further forward.

I mentioned this in the other thread but gundo on his own is fine against 90percent of teams in the league. Bring in fern or crane for bigger teams and we will win the league.

Yeah limited times I have seen him play was further up, wouldn’t want to try him as the holding player on his own but with someone else sat there would like to see what he can do. Completely agree Gundo on his own was more than enough last night as the cover and for teams that just sit in when come to our place.
Dub City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum