Welcome Rodrigo Hernandez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Welcome Rodrigo Hernandez

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:47 pm

Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:
Bluedj wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:I thought he was great today.

Rodri was our best midfielder by far today

Zero support from Gundo who was none existent for large parts of the game and defensively useless and as alway slow. Counter teams ALWAYS stroll past him like he’s not there

Merlin, has never been great defensively and his legs these days he’ll never be great helping defensively

Mahrez has been poor the past couple of games too

Rodri showed up everywhere and yes did get caught. But Wolves targeted him because he had no bloody support

I blame Pep today. Very poor team selection

Thought Mahrez was outstanding against Everton :?

He was. And he shouldn't have been taken off yesterday. Sterling did sweet fa and should have gone off before Mahrez.

Agree but the whole issue we had was that we were not attacking them enough. For my money Bernardo should have been on central at the half and taken either Rodri or preferably gundo off. Sterling and mahrez can both get a goal from nothing.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:32 am

His positional awareness isnt good enough. He never drops back alongside the center backs which Fern is really good at. There are too many gaps around the edge of the box
Last edited by Saul Goodman on Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:19 am

Saul Goodman wrote:His positional awareness isnt good enough. He never drops back alongside the center backs which Fern is really good out. There are too many gaps around the edge of the box

There's been three goals recently where he's not made an effort to close someone down on the edge of the box and it's resulted in the other team scoring. Just basics for someone in his position.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Outcast » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:22 am

Saul Goodman wrote:His positional awareness isnt good enough. He never drops back alongside the center backs which Fern is really good out. There are too many gaps around the edge of the box

Do people forget Silva's first season wasn't great, when Fern joined us he wasn't great, I can go through a long list, give the guy a chance, our defence has been shambles and not settled, it's not ideal to settle in on your first season when we've been unsettled and lacking leaders on the field

Let's judge him next season
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:37 am

Outcast wrote:

Do people forget Silva's first season wasn't great, when Fern joined us he wasn't great, I can go through a long list, give the guy a chance, our defence has been shambles and not settled, it's not ideal to settle in on your first season when we've been unsettled and lacking leaders on the field

I agree he needs time. But people are allowed to comment on how he's playing. We could use Silva as an example. But equally we could use Sergio as an example of a player that just came in and smashed it from day one.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:35 am

Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:

I agree he needs time. But people are allowed to comment on how he's playing. We could use Silva as an example. But equally we could use Sergio as an example of a player that just came in and smashed it from day one.

True, but Kun is a player in a million so harsh on others to use him as a comparison! :D
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby PeterParker » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:10 am

That is because he is a crane. A crane can't track back.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:36 pm

Outcast wrote:

Next season is next season and this is now. I want to comment on him now as now is what's happening right now.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:34 pm

I suspect he is one of the reasons we are so shit.

He doesn't offer the cover the defence needs and his attack support it is close to none.
Watched today and I can't recall a single attack he stopped. In the second half he looked dead, couldn't track back at all.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Nick » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:35 pm

Worst signing under pep

Second is mendy
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Mase » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:36 pm

Until this week Rodri was our record signing. Rodri.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:14 pm

Is simply too slow to be a no6 in a Pep team. That’s not to say under a different manager with a different style of play that he won’t be more influential
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:26 pm

nottsblue wrote:Is simply too slow to be a no6 in a Pep team. That’s not to say under a different manager with a different style of play that he won’t be more influential

I am not really sure why people are going after the guy. Did he screw up countless times in front of goal today, or last week for that matter. ?
Did he cause Ed to drop a catch from a corner today ? Did he get caught in possession all the the time today ( Mahrez , i think).

Like Fern , he's a guy that goes behind the horses and cleans up the horseshit on the road, so the band don't tread in it and can keep their boots clean.

He's a carrier , he is not expected to do the things that Tin tin does.- because he ain't Tin tin. Time after time he is getting tackles in , winning the ball in midfield and breaking up the play. However , these things are not game winning events.

We are a team going though changes at the moment. You could legitimately ask where Foden disappeared to today ? Was he involved ? Seems like Tin tin was starting all attacks on his own. This is what young Phil is also supposed to be doing.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby PeterParker » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:32 pm

zuricity wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Is simply too slow to be a no6 in a Pep team. That’s not to say under a different manager with a different style of play that he won’t be more influential

He's a carrier ,

That's the whole point, he is not a carrier.
He looks like he has huge problems doing actually his job and that is to break the other team attacked. After the 60 minute he looked knackered. He couldn't track back at all.

I genuinely have no idea what is his current role in the team.
Without Fern he is a walking nightmare, a level behind the pace of the league.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby nottsblue » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:42 pm

zuricity wrote:

I am not really sure why people are going after the guy. Did he screw up countless times in front of goal today, or last week for that matter. ?
Did he cause Ed to drop a catch from a corner today ? Did he get caught in possession all the the time today ( Mahrez , i think).

Like Fern , he's a guy that goes behind the horses and cleans up the horseshit on the road, so the band don't tread in it and can keep their boots clean.

He's a carrier , he is not expected to do the things that Tin tin does.- because he ain't Tin tin. Time after time he is getting tackles in , winning the ball in midfield and breaking up the play. However , these things are not game winning events.

We are a team going though changes at the moment. You could legitimately ask where Foden disappeared to today ? Was he involved ? Seems like Tin tin was starting all attacks on his own. This is what young Phil is also supposed to be doing.

He wasn’t the poorest player on the field today. By a long chalk. That honour goes to any of Foden, Mahrez, Mendy, Torres with Sterling not far behind. Basically, our attack.

But the lack of cover from midfield for our defence has been well highlighted. Under Pep we play a very high line which means the no6 needs to have plenty of pace to cover and break up attacks. Hence my point that under Pep he is not the answer but under a different manager and style of play he could be.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:58 pm

nottsblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:

He wasn’t the poorest player on the field today. By a long chalk. That honour goes to any of Foden, Mahrez, Mendy, Torres with Sterling not far behind. Basically, our attack.

But the lack of cover from midfield for our defence has been well highlighted. Under Pep we play a very high line which means the no6 needs to have plenty of pace to cover and break up attacks. Hence my point that under Pep he is not the answer but under a different manager and style of play he could be.

Foden was quite good occasionally in the first half of the Carabou but gets worse every time I see him in the league. Not physically up to it yet.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zuricity » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:09 pm

nottsblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Lack of Cover ? They were gifted a goal ! like Leicester last week were gifted four of their goals. Absolutely sod all to do with Rodri.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:11 pm

We went from rapid play that no one could keep up with - to Rodri and Mahrez being bought and slowing our play right down. Teams couldn’t keep up with us, and when that changed we looked and look far worse.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:14 pm

Mase wrote:We went from rapid play that no one could keep up with - to Rodri and Mahrez being bought and slowing our play right down. Teams couldn’t keep up with us, and when that changed we looked and look far worse.

we need this lad back to sort it out Mase
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:41 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:We went from rapid play that no one could keep up with - to Rodri and Mahrez being bought and slowing our play right down. Teams couldn’t keep up with us, and when that changed we looked and look far worse.

we need this lad back to sort it out Mase

Nige sent me that yesterday as well. Absolute legend that we’ve failed to replace imo.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum