Welcome João Cancelo

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: João Cancelo

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:14 pm

so at LB, we might have zinchenko, angelino, delph, danilo, and mendy (does he still count?) not to mention laporte? that is excessive. we need another RB to cover for walker, who is getting old and is often shite. i dont know anything about cancelo but he cant be worse.
Sideshow Bob
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5952
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:19 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Re: João Cancelo

Postby Mase » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:03 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:so at LB, we might have zinchenko, angelino, delph, danilo, and mendy (does he still count?) not to mention laporte? that is excessive. we need another RB to cover for walker, who is getting old and is often shite. i dont know anything about cancelo but he cant be worse.


Walker is only 29 isn't he? Should be coming in to his prime and I think he's just signed a new long term contract.
Mase
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22437
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: João Cancelo

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:25 pm

Mase wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:so at LB, we might have zinchenko, angelino, delph, danilo, and mendy (does he still count?) not to mention laporte? that is excessive. we need another RB to cover for walker, who is getting old and is often shite. i dont know anything about cancelo but he cant be worse.


Walker is only 29 isn't he? Should be coming in to his prime and I think he's just signed a new long term contract.


Still got the pace has good old Forest.

I know he had a dodgy patch but I don't really know what so many people have against him. There aren't too many better out there. Certainly not Trent Alexander-media-darling or Wan Own-Goal Bissaka
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
User avatar
john@staustell
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes
 
Posts: 15100
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:35 am
Location: St Austell
Supporter of: City

Re: João Cancelo

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:30 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Mase wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:so at LB, we might have zinchenko, angelino, delph, danilo, and mendy (does he still count?) not to mention laporte? that is excessive. we need another RB to cover for walker, who is getting old and is often shite. i dont know anything about cancelo but he cant be worse.


Walker is only 29 isn't he? Should be coming in to his prime and I think he's just signed a new long term contract.


Still got the pace has good old Forest.

Isn’t Danilo’s preferred position RB? So he is cover for Walker.

I know he had a dodgy patch but I don't really know what so many people have against him. There aren't too many better out there. Certainly not Trent Alexander-media-darling or Wan Own-Goal Bissaka
User avatar
Hutch's Shoulder
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3856
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:55 am
Location: Wild country near Glossop
Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: João Cancelo

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:52 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Mase wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:so at LB, we might have zinchenko, angelino, delph, danilo, and mendy (does he still count?) not to mention laporte? that is excessive. we need another RB to cover for walker, who is getting old and is often shite. i dont know anything about cancelo but he cant be worse.


Walker is only 29 isn't he? Should be coming in to his prime and I think he's just signed a new long term contract.


Still got the pace has good old Forest.

Isn’t Danilo’s preferred position RB? So he is cover for Walker.

I know he had a dodgy patch but I don't really know what so many people have against him. There aren't too many better out there. Certainly not Trent Alexander-media-darling or Wan Own-Goal Bissaka


Yep, Danilo is a right back. Rumour is Danilo wants out, so Cancelo in if he goes.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8461
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: João Cancelo

Postby ruralblue » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:23 pm

Personally thought Danilo did good when he covered Walker last year but for some reason when Walkers form went Pep just kept playing him. Bar a cb if Otter goes I'd just concentrate on another striker.
Image
ruralblue
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10694
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:27 pm
Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Re: João Cancelo

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:48 pm

Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6443
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: João Cancelo

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:40 am

Danilo to Inter has gone quiet. Presume they are waiting to see how much they need to cough up for Lukaku.
But I don’t quite get why he has to go to bring Cancelo in. Surely Danilo can cover a few positions and is worth keeping?
nottsblue
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17236
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: João Cancelo

Postby salford city » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:08 am

Agree with this. Danilo has so far never let us down. Inter are not going to cough up anything other than catalogue terms for Lukaku, no way they are going to spunk 75 million up front if we have to wait for that to be resolved then we are in for a long wait
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:21 pm

Re: João Cancelo

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:04 pm

Hmmm...cancelo looking very average v spuds.
Sideshow Bob
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5952
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:19 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Re: João Cancelo

Postby PrezIke » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:25 pm

It is an odd one as I agree Danilo's been a good squad player, but I gather he wants more games.

Is funny we no longer hear about him wanting to leave, but now us looking to get rid to get in Cancelo. That's quite a strange turn of events.

Cancelo is younger, and far more of a pace oriented trickster of what I've seen compared to the more smooth elegance of Danilo's play. Danilo is also quite big and strong, but what I am seeing Pep wants from his alternative fullback is someone different. Danilo and Walker are a bit similar in physical size, although Walker is clearly the pacier player, but neither are as skilled as Cancelo.

For the rapid pace of our play off of one twos in the final third I can see why Pep likes that from the fullbacks and wants Cancelo. It didn't help that Danilo appeared to say he wants out, which is where Pep always appears to draw the line.
Image
Razza | Boo Bwoy Extrodanaire
User avatar
PrezIke
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6294
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: 'N Why See
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Re: João Cancelo

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:30 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:Hmmm...cancelo looking very average v spuds.


I think when a player is on the verge of a life changing transfer hes not going to get himself into any kind of situation that will get him possibly injured.

The guy is a great player.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Agueroooo's 93:20 League Winner
 
Posts: 23372
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: João Cancelo

Postby PrezIke » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:31 pm

I'd think Spurs would be interested in Danilo.
Image
Razza | Boo Bwoy Extrodanaire
User avatar
PrezIke
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6294
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: 'N Why See
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Re: João Cancelo

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:50 pm

Id keep danilo. Done well last two games, never let us down and seems a decent bloke. Can do a job centre half and centre mid too.

Why waste 50m on a second choice full back with question marks over him?
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7073
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:49 am
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: João Cancelo

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:17 pm

I hope the fuck we are not going to do business with Inter again. With Danilo most likely we are going to loan him there with us paying them or other fuckup.

Keep Danilo.
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal
 
Posts: 11673
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: João Cancelo

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:58 pm

Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6443
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: João Cancelo

Postby littlebig » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:27 pm

Good stuff, get him in. One of our transfer targets so I’ve a feeling he’ll be good.

Danilo clearly surplus if we have 2 quality rbs.
User avatar
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1031
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:24 am
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Re: João Cancelo

Postby RodneyRodney » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:08 pm

Dubciteh wrote:Id keep danilo. Done well last two games, never let us down and seems a decent bloke. Can do a job centre half and centre mid too.

Why waste 50m on a second choice full back with question marks over him?


Mendy's third choice at the moment
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2017
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:23 am
Location: Van Diemens Land
Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Re: João Cancelo

Postby Mase » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:10 am

Rumours this is a done deal now
Mase
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22437
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: João Cancelo

Postby sheblue » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:47 am

Good, seems to have a bit of versatility about him., and a player Pep wants. Danilo a good pro who never let us down and assuming he is going all the best to him.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7331
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:28 pm
Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests