Wage Cap?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Wage Cap?

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:52 pm

Been away working, and been catching up, and noticed that the 7% wage cap has been binned. Does anybody know the reason why and who voted for it to be rescinded?

Seems very convenient for certain clubs.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Wage Cap?

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:58 am

[quote="Beefymcfc"]Been away working, and been catching up, and noticed that the 7% wage cap has been binned. Does anybody know the reason why and who voted for it to be rescinded?

Seems very convenient for certain clubs.[/quote

Cannot wage cap anything under EU law.

The rags started this ridiculous overpaying shite ....fuckign clueless Munchens.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby john@staustell » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:56 am

Daft idea anyway

Where you been without internet, up the Orinoco? :D
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:50 am

john@staustell wrote:Daft idea anyway

Where you been without internet, up the Orinoco? :D

Just the way we work, mate.

Yes, it was a daft idea but at the time it was part of a structure signed off by the Rags, etc, that was obviously in place to stop certain clubs. I'm just trying to work out who it suits to hpget rid of it now?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:26 am

We all know that it will suit our illustrious neighbours from the other side of Trafford bridge as they are going to need to offer stupid wages as per our time under Hughes to attract any top names either this summer or in the foreseeable future. The name & badge are on the wane, with everyone wanting chumps league football. Looking along the East Lancs, red scouses' wage bill is also rising so no doubt they will also be in favour?
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:24 pm

salford city wrote:We all know that it will suit our illustrious neighbours from the other side of Trafford bridge as they are going to need to offer stupid wages as per our time under Hughes to attract any top names either this summer or in the foreseeable future. The name & badge are on the wane, with everyone wanting chumps league football. Looking along the East Lancs, red scouses' wage bill is also rising so no doubt they will also be in favour?

I sort of get that it suits the Rags but I'm sure this stuff has to be voted on. That means that those who instigated it must have their lackies in tow again.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:16 am

Wonder what the rag wage bill is now the donut thief has his £375K a week. Not looking like Pogba will be shifted off the wage bill either and if OGS gets his way and keeps him, no doubt he will want a new raise as well.

Dippers are also to be giving Salah a £400k a week contract to ward off Spanish interest.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:50 pm

nottsblue wrote:Wonder what the rag wage bill is now the donut thief has his £375K a week. Not looking like Pogba will be shifted off the wage bill either and if OGS gets his way and keeps him, no doubt he will want a new raise as well.

Dippers are also to be giving Salah a £400k a week contract to ward off Spanish interest.

Pound to a penny that they've raised their wage bill more than the rule they fought for. Still haven't seen anything official on this, which makes me wonder why. Big story when introduced, no mention when thrown out the window.

Had to laugh at the Donut-Thief wages, how a 'keeper commands those wages is quite staggering.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:48 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Wonder what the rag wage bill is now the donut thief has his £375K a week. Not looking like Pogba will be shifted off the wage bill either and if OGS gets his way and keeps him, no doubt he will want a new raise as well.

Pound to a penny that they've raised their wage bill more than the rule they fought for. Still haven't seen anything official on this, which makes me wonder why. Big story when introduced, no mention when thrown out the window.

Had to laugh at the Donut-Thief wages, how a 'keeper commands those wages is quite staggering.

We should have MS from the DM pop in so we can go over all our transfer deals done and wages as well just to clear up who the cunts are who ''ruined football'' as its not fuckign us that has done that.

We are fuckign light years away from any guilt on being the first team in world football paying big transfer money for players or wages.
Scum are one of, if not, the worst culprits in England.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:35 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

We should have MS from the DM pop in so we can go over all our transfer deals done and wages as well just to clear up who the cunts are who ''ruined football'' as its not fuckign us that has done that.

We are fuckign light years away from any guilt on being the first team in world football paying big transfer money for players or wages.

£375,000 per week for a keeper in decline !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:12 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Loving how they keep spending big on the wrong players
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:07 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Loving how they keep spending big on the wrong players

Be over £1M a week on Sanchez, Pogba and DeGea

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:16 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

MS obviously reads my posts .!!!!

MARTIN SAMUEL: Jurgen Klopp needs to realise it's old money that's to blame for fantasy land transfer fees, not Manchester City

Jurgen Klopp was talking about this summer’s transfer market.

‘We invested money in this team, now it looks like we are not,’ he said. ‘But we are not in fantasy land where you just get whatever you want. It looks as if there are four clubs in the world who can do it constantly...’

He placed one English name in that list. Manchester City, naturally.
Jurgen Klopp said Liverpool cannot live in 'fantasy land' and always spend big like their rivals

Whenever there is talk of transfer inflation, City get the blame. They have broken their transfer record again this summer, for Rodrigo: £62.8m. And that isn’t small. But it’s still £12.2m less than Liverpool paid for Virgil van Dijk 18 months ago, still £26.2m under Paul Pogba to Manchester United in 2016 and £8.2m beneath what Chelsea gave for a goalkeeper, Kepa Arrizabalaga, last summer.

If Arsenal complete the signing of Nicolas Pepe from Lille this week, City will be roughly £10m shy of that, too. Indeed, as it stands, City haven’t delivered a deal in the top five in England or the top 20 in Europe.

So is this the club whose transfers place them in fantasy land, or the one responsible for escalation in the market? It isn’t new money that began this trend, as any contextualised financial evaluation indicates.
Man City broke their transfer record again this summer signing Rodri from Atletico Madrid

It didn’t get much publicity at the time but this summer a group that analyses the economics of football — Play Ratings — produced a list of the most expensive transfers in history, taking into account relative inflation.

In pure numbers, Luis Figo moved from Barcelona to Real Madrid for £20m less than Manchester City paid for Aymeric Laporte. Yet what does Figo’s £37m in 2000 represent in modern terms? Play Ratings worked that out. And guess what? It turns out old money was inflating the market before new money had its nappy on.

Indeed, Neymar’s £198m move to Paris Saint-Germain only just scrapes into Play Ratings’ top five. The most inflationary transfers, it concludes, were conducted by those clubs that now moan loudest and demand greatest protection from new wealth. In a nutshell? Serie A.

Using a formula involving currency variables and comparative markets through time, according to Play Ratings, the period when Italian clubs were Europe’s biggest spenders saw the greatest extravagance in transfer investment — and one of the most inflationary deals involved the king of Financial Fair Play himself, Michel Platini.

Using the Play Ratings algorithm, the biggest transfer in history was Ronaldo’s from Barcelona to Inter Milan in 1997, worth the modern equivalent of £388m; after that, Platini from Saint-Etienne to Juventus in 1982, calculated at £299m. And on the list goes: Diego Maradona, Barcelona to Napoli; Christian Vieri, Lazio to Inter Milan; Marco van Basten, Ajax to AC Milan; Gabriel Batistuta, Fiorentina to Roma.

Accounting for inflation, Ronaldo's move to Inter was worth the modern equivalent of £388m

And we can all argue about the formula, but not the basic principle. The idea that football’s market was tranquil or even deflated before clubs such as Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain came along is a myth.

There were always a handful of clubs pushing prices skywards, whether from Serie A or the big two in La Liga or Manchester United and, later, Chelsea.

Klopp placed Barcelona, Real Madrid and PSG in the same bracket as City as clubs that can do what they want, when they want — which is ironic as two of that number have recently operated with a transfer ban, and another two might soon be in a similar position.

Yet if Liverpool have not been spending big this summer it is more due to circumstance than being anybody’s poor relations. In 2018, they made Van Dijk the world’s most expensive defender and later did the same for Alisson, briefly, as a goalkeeper. Liverpool’s fee for Alisson is still only £6.5m short of City’s for Rodrigo.

And they have an excellent squad now, without the need for significant upgrades. The last weak link could have been the second centre-half but Joel Matip has grown into a fine foil for Van Dijk. Look at the first reserves across many positions, too, players like Joe Gomez and Divock Origi. Liverpool have strength in depth now.

Do they miss a playmaker like Philippe Coutinho? Yes, occasionally. Did they win the Champions League without one, however? Yes to that, too. And while every coach can think of a hole that needs filling, or a tweak that could offer handy variation, if Liverpool have had a difficult pre-season it is not because the squad is lacking.

Nor is it because Manchester City have priced them out of the market. Rodrigo may look big news on City’s balance sheet, but the clubs who sit in judgement have been there, done that and spent it much bigger, long ago.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:57 am

Fair play to MS for reading Carl's remarks & putting them out there for the deluded masses to contemplate. Always counters the negative shite against us with facts. Well done again Martin
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:43 am

salford city wrote:Fair play to MS for reading Carl's remarks & putting them out there for the deluded masses to contemplate. Always counters the negative shite against us with facts. Well done again Martin

Is Carl really MS in disguise??? :lol: :lol:
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby dazby » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:27 am

Thank goodness for Carl. Where would Martin Samuel be without him.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Return to The Maine Football forum