Changes to the away match ticket process

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Changes to the away match ticket process

Postby Elvistheblue » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:40 pm

https://www.mancity.com/news/tickets-and-travel/tickets-and-travel/2019/july/man-city-changes-to-away-match-ticket-process

Any thoughts on this. Don't quite get how they are stopping the loyalty point system, yet the West Ham tickets are on sale to those with the most loyalty points. How is anyone supposed to catch up to those on the highest points?
Elvistheblue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Gods own club
My favourite player is: Spannish Dave

Re: Changes to the away match ticket process

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:01 pm

Elvistheblue wrote:Don't quite get how they are stopping the loyalty point system, yet the West Ham tickets are on sale to those with the most loyalty points. How is anyone supposed to catch up to those on the highest points?

Tickets will still be on sale to those with the highest points, but points won't be awarded for attending the game (or for just buying the ticket, as has been the case with some, which is why points are no longer being awarded).

This is what got me:

For a number of Premier League away matches, a limited and randomly selected number of supporters will be required to collect their ticket from the opposing Club’s ticket office.

If points are no longer being awarded for away games, a fair number of purchasers-for-points will be deterred from buying in the first place, and I think this measure is a bit of overkill: Some people caught in this will be attending in a group, and it's going to be a real mess organizing to pick a single ticket up from the home club's ticket office, especially if it's somewhere with dodgy policing. I assume City has liaised with other clubs about this, but I still think it's a bit wrong and reckless.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby salford city » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:39 am

I normally get my away thickets through pur branch & so I don't see this changing for me. It's something of a closed shop away travel & so I don't think it will affect that many, the usual suspects will still be there
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:52 am

salford city wrote:I normally get my away thickets through pur branch & so I don't see this changing for me. It's something of a closed shop away travel & so I don't think it will affect that many, the usual suspects will still be there

Agree with this - the problem, as I see it, is that once the 'usual suspects' stop going, there'll be very few people who are in the habit of attending away games week in week out to replace them. I'd guess it's not only our club facing this issue.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:11 am

salford city wrote:I normally get my away thickets through pur branch & so I don't see this changing for me. It's something of a closed shop away travel & so I don't think it will affect that many, the usual suspects will still be there

Agree with this - the problem, as I see it, is that once the 'usual suspects' stop going, there'll be very few people who are in the habit of attending away games week in week out to replace them. I'd guess it's not only our club facing this issue.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby stevefromdonny » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:12 am

For a number of Premier League away matches, a limited and randomly selected number of supporters will be required to collect their ticket from the opposing Club’s ticket office.

I think this was bought in to stop people buying tickets and selling them on, which is good as other people can hopefully get tickets as some wont bother now because no points and they might be the 1s who got to pick tickets up from the other teams ticket office, which if they have sold them on, the other person wont be allowed in, but you take your chances if you do buy off some1
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby salford city » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:13 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:

Yes, that is a valid point. That said, we do have a lot of younger support at the away games - twenty-somethings in the main so there is some hope there. I'd say that we would be covered for the next ten years after which most of today's 'usual suspects' will have called it a day
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby City64 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:50 pm

Personally I think the changes are a waste of time . Away support is largely based around supporters clubs and the lucky cunts who have somehow accrued 20,000 points ! Now I know lads who are in there late 20s early 30s and have over 20,000 points ,for these said lads City is there life they go everywhere home and abroad ,I also know some right fucking dinosaurs (pensioners) who have 20,000 plus points and they go to all the away games the fucking old cunts ! So how the fuck can anyone else get anywhere near 20,000 points (the magic number) ????? It is now impossible with the new system surely ? Still the odd chance of an away ticket or two if you know the right people in supporters clubs / branches especially if one of the said old fucking fossils isn't feeling up to a long day out or someone is on holiday etc !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:46 am

The pick up your tickets thing is a nuisance. There were organisational problems and a complicated trip across Paris on the occasions I experiences it. PSG, Madrid and Celtic.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:08 am

This will put a stop to the Point harvesting, however, it will not stop those people who have 6 seasoncards registered to fictitious family members at the same address that are used by people to tout away games for stupid prices.

It's not perfect but it's a start and the requirement to have proof of ID, IMO is a great initiative, as it will mean the touts lose out on money if they are one of the random people selected. Unless there is a process in place where you can sell it back to the club and claim you cannot go, in which case they won't be out of pocket, but will just have less profit than normal.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:53 pm

But if there are no points for away travel what is the point of making fans pick up tickets before away games.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:21 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:But if there are no points for away travel what is the point of making fans pick up tickets before away games.

If fans with multiple accounts continue to buy tickets with their 20k plus points just to sell and make money. This initiative will make their life difficult and probably stop them in the long run. If you need proof of ID to pick your ticket up it means they can't continue to profiteer from away fans who pay stupid money for tickets from them and then there is a chance of getting them for the £30 price they should be.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:30 pm

no issues for me.
got my west ham tix confirmation today.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games