New captain

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

New captain

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:11 pm

Deserves its own thread

Who should it be?

My money would be either KDB or Laporte
nottsblue
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17280
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: New captain

Postby City64 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:24 pm

Fern or KDB . Got a feeling Merln will get the job though with it being his last season ?
Not really here
User avatar
City64
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7349
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: New captain

Postby Mase » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:25 pm

Players are choosing and they'll choose who influences them most. Most likely Silva.
Mase
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22496
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: New captain

Postby bigblue » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:34 pm

the smiley face on big Ed's neck
User avatar
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10438
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:11 pm
Supporter of: Holism
My favourite player is: Bernie Silver

Re: New captain

Postby Mase » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:18 am

bigblue wrote:the smiley face on big Ed's neck


They should choose the Sanè that is on Sanè.
Mase
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22496
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: New captain

Postby chef » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:32 am

old captain, once a blue......
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49040717
User avatar
chef
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1139
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:29 am

Re: New captain

Postby chef » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:32 am

old captain, once a blue......
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49040717
User avatar
chef
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1139
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:29 am

Re: New captain

Postby Wooders » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:56 am

Thought it was confirmed Dave would skipper this season
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14960
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: UK
Supporter of: City

Re: New captain

Postby sheblue » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:51 am

It has to be Dave.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7362
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:28 pm
Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Re: New captain

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:57 pm

KDB for me. natural handover from Vinny to the best player in the League !
Hazy2
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6913
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:34 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: New captain

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:08 pm

Hazy2 wrote:KDB for me. natural handover from Vinny to the best player in the League !


Agree with this.....KDB has an aggressive competitors persona (More than anyone else in the team IMO) which makes him the obvious choice.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Agueroooo's 93:20 League Winner
 
Posts: 23387
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: New captain

Postby Mase » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:17 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:KDB for me. natural handover from Vinny to the best player in the League !


Agree with this.....KDB has an aggressive competitors persona (More than anyone else in the team IMO) which makes him the obvious choice.


Agreed. Worked well for Barton.
Mase
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22496
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: New captain

Postby Nickyboy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:12 pm

After Mahrez captained Algeria to AFCON glory surely he's in with a shout
User avatar
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 12:21 pm
Location: Chorlton
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva & Zabba

Re: New captain

Postby Mase » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:43 am

Not sure how good his English is but Big Ed seems like he'd be in with a shout. Probably not yet, one for the future.
Mase
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22496
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: New captain

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:24 pm

Mendy.. He has nothing else to do.
User avatar
Hutch's Shoulder
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3868
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:55 am
Location: Wild country near Glossop
Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: New captain

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:37 am

Mase wrote:Not sure how good his English is but Big Ed seems like he'd be in with a shout. Probably not yet, one for the future.

Never a fan of a goalkeeper being captain. Especially at ours where they aren’t part of a lot of action. Same for a striker, they aren’t in the right area of the pitch to speak to the defence. Needs to be a centre half or midfielder for me.
nottsblue
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17280
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: New captain

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:41 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Not sure how good his English is but Big Ed seems like he'd be in with a shout. Probably not yet, one for the future.

Never a fan of a goalkeeper being captain. Especially at ours where they aren’t part of a lot of action. Same for a striker, they aren’t in the right area of the pitch to speak to the defence. Needs to be a centre half or midfielder for me.

Absolutely! I've always believed CB or defensive mid for captain as they get a better view of what's going on all over the pitch. Laporte is my shout.
Bluemoon4610
Darius Vassell's Composure
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:01 pm
Location: County Durham
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Re: New captain

Postby Mase » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:05 pm

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Not sure how good his English is but Big Ed seems like he'd be in with a shout. Probably not yet, one for the future.

Never a fan of a goalkeeper being captain. Especially at ours where they aren’t part of a lot of action. Same for a striker, they aren’t in the right area of the pitch to speak to the defence. Needs to be a centre half or midfielder for me.

Absolutely! I've always believed CB or defensive mid for captain as they get a better view of what's going on all over the pitch. Laporte is my shout.


Sitting at Maine Road as kid I remember vividly how I could hear Peter Schmeichel shouting and I heard word for word as if he was sat next to me in the second tier of the Kippax. He could see everything in front of him so it was easy for him to pick up on issues and everyone got his instructions.

I was a huge fan of Oliver Kahn as well. I would put him up there with one of the best ever captains.
Mase
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22496
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: New captain

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:14 pm

Mase wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Not sure how good his English is but Big Ed seems like he'd be in with a shout. Probably not yet, one for the future.

Never a fan of a goalkeeper being captain. Especially at ours where they aren’t part of a lot of action. Same for a striker, they aren’t in the right area of the pitch to speak to the defence. Needs to be a centre half or midfielder for me.

Absolutely! I've always believed CB or defensive mid for captain as they get a better view of what's going on all over the pitch. Laporte is my shout.


Sitting at Maine Road as kid I remember vividly how I could hear Peter Schmeichel shouting and I heard word for word as if he was sat next to me in the second tier of the Kippax. He could see everything in front of him so it was easy for him to pick up on issues and everyone got his instructions.

I was a huge fan of Oliver Kahn as well. I would put him up there with one of the best ever captains.

Not sure how loud Ederson's voice is, can't say I've ever heard him while sitting in block 105 (half way line) or how good his english is. Dave could get it out of sentimentality/respect from the other players - I could live with that for the new season as long as it didn't affect results.
Bluemoon4610
Darius Vassell's Composure
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:01 pm
Location: County Durham
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Re: New captain

Postby Mase » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:47 pm

Yeah I agree. I think Dave deserves it and always leads by example
Mase
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22496
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], carolina-blue, Google [Bot], ian494 and 12 guests