***whu v mcfc official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***whu v mcfc official match thread***

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:09 pm

zuricity wrote:^^^^^^^^

Since the Administrators of the game have gone to such lengths to introduce VAR, the VAR referee must now be publicly forced to explain why he/she chooses a particular Frame of the video to make the decision. It cannot be made behind closed doors .

I believe VAR should only be referred to if the Ref and Linesman are somehow uncertain of the events.

The goal Gabriel scored was an absolutely brilliant play from midfield forwards. Chalked off at the whim of some person hidden away at Lou Macari's Fish and Chip shop, wearing a Liverpool top .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Agueroooo's 93:20 League Winner
 
Posts: 23293
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: ***whu v mcfc official match thread***

Postby budfox » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:57 pm

zuricity wrote:^^^^^^^^

Since the Administrators of the game have gone to such lengths to introduce VAR, the VAR referee must now be publicly forced to explain why he/she chooses a particular Frame of the video to make the decision. It cannot be made behind closed doors .

I believe VAR should only be referred to if the Ref and Linesman are somehow uncertain of the events.

The goal Gabriel scored was an absolutely brilliant play from midfield forwards. Chalked off at the whim of some person hidden away at Lou Macari's Fish and Chip shop .


Exactly what I've been saying in a slightly different way. They are trying to measure millimetre accuracy with equipment that simply cannot provide that accuracy. It's bent, or at least a mechanism by which cheating can be implemented, and because they hide behind the mantra of getting more decisions right they're going to get away with it.

Edited to add I just watched the Andy Gray thing and he is absolutely spot on. (I worked in TV for 25 years, this stuff is what I know).
When I go to my grave, I shall go with content. I shall go in the knowledge that every rag fan's nightmare ends with a single word: "Aguerrrrroooooo...."
User avatar
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1385
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:19 pm
Location: Somerset
Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: The Brown

Re: ***whu v mcfc official match thread***

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:23 pm

Mase wrote:
Blue Jam wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:VAR will kill the game.
Beautiful goal chalked off on fractions, terrible penalty retake that was just awful.
Fans in the ground on both sides were just laughing at it. When you make the game a joke it's not long before supporters turn their back on something that has become a joke. This might just kill the game.
It doesn't solve arguments but destroys the spectacle.
It needs ditching now!


The entire game was a show of all that is wrong with this stupid fucking technology. Did any of their horrible interventions make either set of supporters feel like they got justice?


They have just eradicated celebrating a real time fuckign goal - absolute fucking Idiots.

Id rather go back to having inept refs.


I agree 100%

Either they are using VAR badly to coerce football fans into demanding they get rid of it or they are trying to widen the fan demographic by adding more 'drama' (you know the type - uninterested until a match goes to penalties).

Yesterday was a showcase of VAR at its worst.
King Kev shared this on FB - Andy Gray showing how frame selection bias can provide psuedo-objective evidence. https://youtu.be/pIsrzV2hatA
Interesting watch and I find myself agreeing with Gray.


I don't like Andy Gray, but he's absolutely spot on there! It's basically up to the VAR official on whether he decides if he's offside (frame three or four) or he's onside (frames 1 or 2).

What Gray was trying to say is they can still cheat.

Agree all the way. We will be on the receiving end of more decisions that go against than for us, I’d put good money on it. And the dippers will be beneficiaries more often than it goes against them. I’d also put money on that.

Still, we are the best team, the best squad, have the best management structure and we will win the league again regardless of VAR
nottsblue
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17117
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: ***whu v mcfc official match thread***

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:26 pm

nottsblue wrote:Agree all the way. We will be on the receiving end of more decisions that go against than for us, I’d put good money on it. And the dippers will be beneficiaries more often than it goes against them. I’d also put money on that.

Still, we are the best team, the best squad, have the best management structure and we will win the league again regardless of VAR


They couldn't stop us last season with their cheating, hopefully won't be able to this season.
Mase
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22238
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: ***whu v mcfc official match thread***

Postby Dimples » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:26 pm

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Agree all the way. We will be on the receiving end of more decisions that go against than for us, I’d put good money on it. And the dippers will be beneficiaries more often than it goes against them. I’d also put money on that.

Still, we are the best team, the best squad, have the best management structure and we will win the league again regardless of VAR


They couldn't stop us last season with their cheating, hopefully won't be able to this season.


IMO we will benefit from VAR.
Only the marginal decisions can be manipulated (the mm decisions).
If it is not marginal then the legit call has to be made (unless the camera angles can be manipulated or certain views not included)

Last season the Dippers got a lot of dodgy calls for offside goals, etc...
They were not marginal but blatantly offside. So that source of 'scoring' should now be unavailable to them.

For ex, remember the Spurs game a couple of seasons ago where they scored two offside goals against us.
That can no longer happen - I think?)
User avatar
Dimples
Balotelli's Fireworks Party
 
Posts: 882
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:05 am
Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Re: ***whu v mcfc official match thread***

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:55 pm

Dimples wrote:
Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Agree all the way. We will be on the receiving end of more decisions that go against than for us, I’d put good money on it. And the dippers will be beneficiaries more often than it goes against them. I’d also put money on that.

Still, we are the best team, the best squad, have the best management structure and we will win the league again regardless of VAR


They couldn't stop us last season with their cheating, hopefully won't be able to this season.


IMO we will benefit from VAR.
Only the marginal decisions can be manipulated (the mm decisions).
If it is not marginal then the legit call has to be made (unless the camera angles can be manipulated or certain views not included)

Last season the Dippers got a lot of dodgy calls for offside goals, etc...
They were not marginal but blatantly offside. So that source of 'scoring' should now be unavailable to them.

For ex, remember the Spurs game a couple of seasons ago where they scored two offside goals against us.
That can no longer happen - I think?)


So basically an operator can decide a match.

The attacker should be given the benefit of the doubt in MM calls IMO otherwise the fuckign operator can do the ^^^^^^
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Agueroooo's 93:20 League Winner
 
Posts: 23293
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: ***whu v mcfc official match thread***

Postby Blackadder » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:49 pm

One of the many things I like about our team is that when a player scores, they invariably go straight to the teammate who set the goal up to celebrate and give thanks. When a Scum player scores, it is usually a point to the back of their shirt - "Me, me, me, look at me!!!"

Do you think this is an instruction from the coaching staff, or is it that we just tend to sign decent human beings?
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx
User avatar
Blackadder
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:14 pm
Location: Blackpool, UK
Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Agueroooooooooooo

Re: ***whu v mcfc official match thread***

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:53 pm

Blackadder wrote:One of the many things I like about our team is that when a player scores, they invariably go straight to the teammate who set the goal up to celebrate and give thanks. When a Scum player scores, it is usually a point to the back of their shirt - "Me, me, me, look at me!!!"

Do you think this is an instruction from the coaching staff, or is it that we just tend to sign decent human beings?


I reckon we've assembled a team of decent people as well as great footballers.
Mase
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22238
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: ***whu v mcfc official match thread***

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:59 pm

Mase wrote:
Blackadder wrote:One of the many things I like about our team is that when a player scores, they invariably go straight to the teammate who set the goal up to celebrate and give thanks. When a Scum player scores, it is usually a point to the back of their shirt - "Me, me, me, look at me!!!"

Do you think this is an instruction from the coaching staff, or is it that we just tend to sign decent human beings?


I reckon we've assembled a team of decent people as well as great footballers.

The best thing about our recruitment plan, we don't employ arseholes!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 37011
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: ***whu v mcfc official match thread***

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:02 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:
Blackadder wrote:One of the many things I like about our team is that when a player scores, they invariably go straight to the teammate who set the goal up to celebrate and give thanks. When a Scum player scores, it is usually a point to the back of their shirt - "Me, me, me, look at me!!!"

Do you think this is an instruction from the coaching staff, or is it that we just tend to sign decent human beings?


I reckon we've assembled a team of decent people as well as great footballers.

The best thing about our recruitment plan, we don't employ arseholes!


Mendy
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Agueroooo's 93:20 League Winner
 
Posts: 23293
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: ***whu v mcfc official match thread***

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:09 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:
Blackadder wrote:One of the many things I like about our team is that when a player scores, they invariably go straight to the teammate who set the goal up to celebrate and give thanks. When a Scum player scores, it is usually a point to the back of their shirt - "Me, me, me, look at me!!!"

Do you think this is an instruction from the coaching staff, or is it that we just tend to sign decent human beings?


I reckon we've assembled a team of decent people as well as great footballers.

The best thing about our recruitment plan, we don't employ arseholes!


Mendy

You may not like him but I think he's great for the social media. Always positive, at least. Pity he can't get his are on the pitch.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 37011
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: ***whu v mcfc official match thread***

Postby dazby » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:26 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:
Blackadder wrote:One of the many things I like about our team is that when a player scores, they invariably go straight to the teammate who set the goal up to celebrate and give thanks. When a Scum player scores, it is usually a point to the back of their shirt - "Me, me, me, look at me!!!"

Do you think this is an instruction from the coaching staff, or is it that we just tend to sign decent human beings?


I reckon we've assembled a team of decent people as well as great footballers.

The best thing about our recruitment plan, we don't employ arseholes!


Mendy


His team mates disagree.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
User avatar
dazby
Allison's Big Fat Cigar
 
Posts: 18833
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:02 am
Location: Brisbane Australia
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: BendyMendy

Re: ***whu v mcfc official match thread***

Postby nottsblue » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:51 am

Mase wrote:
Blackadder wrote:One of the many things I like about our team is that when a player scores, they invariably go straight to the teammate who set the goal up to celebrate and give thanks. When a Scum player scores, it is usually a point to the back of their shirt - "Me, me, me, look at me!!!"

Do you think this is an instruction from the coaching staff, or is it that we just tend to sign decent human beings?


I reckon we've assembled a team of decent people as well as great footballers.

Reckon that's actually part of the recruitment process. Character and working for, not with, the team are hugely important traits for Pep.
nottsblue
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17117
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: ***whu v mcfc official match thread***

Postby sheblue » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:15 am

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
Blackadder wrote:One of the many things I like about our team is that when a player scores, they invariably go straight to the teammate who set the goal up to celebrate and give thanks. When a Scum player scores, it is usually a point to the back of their shirt - "Me, me, me, look at me!!!"

Do you think this is an instruction from the coaching staff, or is it that we just tend to sign decent human beings?


I reckon we've assembled a team of decent people as well as great footballers.

Reckon that's actually part of the recruitment process. Character and working for, not with, the team are hugely important traits for Pep.


Exactly. We do not want any Neymar types.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7283
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:28 pm
Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Re: ***whu v mcfc official match thread***

Postby Mase » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:16 am

sheblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
Blackadder wrote:One of the many things I like about our team is that when a player scores, they invariably go straight to the teammate who set the goal up to celebrate and give thanks. When a Scum player scores, it is usually a point to the back of their shirt - "Me, me, me, look at me!!!"

Do you think this is an instruction from the coaching staff, or is it that we just tend to sign decent human beings?


I reckon we've assembled a team of decent people as well as great footballers.

Reckon that's actually part of the recruitment process. Character and working for, not with, the team are hugely important traits for Pep.


Exactly. We do not want any Neymar types.


Probably why Pogba was turned down when he was offered to us the other year.
Mase
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22238
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: ***whu v mcfc official match thread***

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:56 pm

Looking back Mahrez looks like he will be massive for us this season.
Hazy2
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6898
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:34 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bluemoon4610, dazby, PrezIke and 23 guests