Lawro & Champagne Charlie Predictions v Spuds (H)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro & Champagne Charlie Predictions v Spuds (H)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:52 pm

Lawro is back with his predictions for this season, but the new sky predictor this season is Charlie Nicholas, looks like Merson has been dropped...

Apologies for last week, however, Charlie went for 3-0 City last week and Lawro went for 2-1 for City

This week Lawros guest is Swimmer Adam Peaty who is a Forrest fan.

Lawro says

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49315127

Tottenham were pretty unimpressive until the final 20 minutes of their win over Aston Villa, but that doesn't matter - they got the win, which is what the top teams do when they don't play well.

City were a lot more like their usual selves in their big win against West Ham, but I am expecting a much tighter game here because Spurs have got the weapons to hurt them on the break.

I still expect Pep Guardiola's side to win, but it is not going to be straightforward.

Lawro's prediction: 2-1

Adam's prediction: 3-1

Charlie says

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... redictions

It's a cracking game again I loved the Manchester United game against Chelsea, the way the game unfolded and how expansive it was. This is one of those games. There is a spark in my brain that questions where Mauricio Pochettino thinks he is? It is a judgement of where his team is at. What team will Pep Guardiola pick?

Christian Eriksen came off the bench last week and helped, but do they change the system or format? I think there are issues at Tottenham, but it is not the manager's making. It's between the players and owners, but I see problems here for Tottenham. Man City, with Sterling having scored a hat-trick away from home, are mind-blowing.

CHARLIE PREDICTS: 4-1
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro & Champagne Charlie Predictions v Spuds (H)

Postby nottsblue » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:28 pm

Cheers WW. Noticed D.C. was missing last week. He was on Soccer Saturday last week though I think so I don’t think SKY have permanently given him his cards, shame.

Not overly keen on Champagne Charlie as he always seemed to have a beef with us but I do like his prediction of 4-1. Whether he is correct is not the point. The fact is he’s prepared to call it as he sees, unlike Lawro who rarely, if ever, goes for any side to get more than 2 goals. How he hasn’t been replaced is a mystery
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Lawro & Champagne Charlie Predictions v Spuds (H)

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:31 pm

Why is Nicholas asking loads of questions when he is supposed to be an expert? (I can do it too). I will settle for the score matching his prediction though.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum