***mcfc v thfc official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***mcfc v thfc official match thread***

Postby bigblue » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:31 pm

ruralblue wrote:
bigblue wrote:
ruralblue wrote:Genuine question. Explain the username? It's does confuse. Cheers

What are you confused about?

FA Cup Winners 2006

Ah I see. Well that definitely makes it sounds like he has a gerrard picture hanging on his wall
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby ruralblue » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:32 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
ruralblue wrote:
bigblue wrote:
ruralblue wrote:Genuine question. Explain the username? It's does confuse. Cheers

FA Cup Winners 2006

Dippers? But there's an explanation.

Which is?
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:34 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
ruralblue wrote:
bigblue wrote:

FA Cup Winners 2006

I went through this year's ago. Shite username, I know. Nothing to do with Liverpool. Even a shite story with how I came up with the username. I'm brutal at picking things like this. Can never even come up with a pub quiz team name
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby bigblue » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:44 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:I went through this year's ago. Shite username, I know. Nothing to do with Liverpool. Even a shite story with how I came up with the username. I'm brutal at picking things like this. Can never even come up with a pub quiz team name

Well between that and your recent posts, perhaps you should leave the thinking up to others
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby ruralblue » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:46 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
ruralblue wrote:
bigblue wrote:

FA Cup Winners 2006

I went through this year's ago. Shite username, I know. Nothing to do with Liverpool. Even a shite story with how I came up with the username. I'm brutal at picking things like this. Can never even come up with a pub quiz team name

Fair do's but why not change it? Fa Cup Winners 1904. Thinking back I may have commented when you explained it before. Though in my defence I cannot remember what I had for breakfast.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:52 pm

ruralblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Dippers? But there's an explanation.

Fair do's but why not change it? Fa Cup Winners 1904. Thinking back I may have commented when you explained it before. Though in my defence I cannot remember what I had for breakfast.

I can't change it myself. Someone told me I'd need to email a mod but to be honest I couldn't be arsed. It goes back to when Stuart Pearce was our manager. I doubt I even have the email address I had when I joined the forum
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dimples » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:18 pm

Agenda against us - if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, waddles like a duck - it is a duck

I think it is just business - nothing more than that.
PL is a billon£££ industry. PL is a product. Need to keep it competitive. Simple as that.
(Talking about us missing chances today is a red herring. Totally irrelevant to the decisions taken by the authorities today.)

Key decisions in key matches go against us:

Today two decisions against us:
1. VAR did not give us a stonewall penalty (Spurs player swinging from our players neck)
2. VAR disallowed a goal for us (handball by the tiniest of fractions)

CL Vs. Spurs last season two decisions against us:
1. VAR allowed a Spurs handball goal to stand (not all angles shown to the Ref)
2. VAR disallowed a goal for us (offside by the tiniest of fractions)

CL Vs. Dippers season before last (NO VAR but key decisions still go against us):
1. Anfield: City had a good goal disallowed, then Dippers first goal was offside
2. Etihad: Leroy had a good goal disallowed for offside even though it came of a Liverpool player, etc....

VAR is now being used in our matches to influence the results.

Lets see if they are as harsh on the Dippers and the Rags - I know the answer to that.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby s1ty m » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:25 pm

bigblue wrote:
Well I am a city fan and I am extremely pissed off that we dropped points today. I think Pep is the best coach in the world and some of our play is unbelievable. I want to see us competing with the best in Europe and dominating them. All the best teams go through bad patches in a season. Today was not a bad patch for us, we played with energy and tempo. There is no way a Barca, Madrid, Liverpool etc lose that game.

Through Pep's methods and training, we are creating unbelievable chances and the players are in tune with each other. Bernardo, Gundogan, Ottamendi, Zinchenko, Silva, Sterling, Aguero and KDB all had clear cut chances that you expect them to hit the back of the net but not one of them really troubled Lloris

There is no way that Barca, Madrid, or Liverpool don't get that penalty in the first half.

Nail on head.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Dimples » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:31 pm

s1ty m wrote:
bigblue wrote:
Well I am a city fan and I am extremely pissed off that we dropped points today. I think Pep is the best coach in the world and some of our play is unbelievable. I want to see us competing with the best in Europe and dominating them. All the best teams go through bad patches in a season. Today was not a bad patch for us, we played with energy and tempo. There is no way a Barca, Madrid, Liverpool etc lose that game.

Through Pep's methods and training, we are creating unbelievable chances and the players are in tune with each other. Bernardo, Gundogan, Ottamendi, Zinchenko, Silva, Sterling, Aguero and KDB all had clear cut chances that you expect them to hit the back of the net but not one of them really troubled Lloris

There is no way that Barca, Madrid, or Liverpool don't get that penalty in the first half.

Nail on head.

Exactly. Lack of a level playing field is the topic to discuss and resolve - not us missing chances.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby littlebig » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:18 pm

Poor finishing and poor ref decisions cost us yesterday. Doesn’t have to be one or the other.

How the penalty shout on Rodri was 1/missed and 2/ not reviewed is a joke. Referees should be made accountable for poor decisions.

This site should facilitate debate between different opinions. Attack the argument not the man
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:26 pm

littlebig wrote:Poor finishing and poor ref decisions cost us yesterday. Doesn’t have to be one or the other.

How the penalty shout on Rodri was 1/missed and 2/ not reviewed is a joke. Referees should be made accountable for poor decisions.

This site should facilitate debate between different opinions. Attack the argument not the man

Attack the argument you write. The foul on Rodri was reviewed and they said no penalty . According to press reports.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Outcast » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:30 pm

Is there any chance we can take positives from the game and move forward, its starting to depress me thinking about our finishing and decisions going against us? I'm sure there is an agenda to slow us down and make the league more competitive. However, had we converted our chances or at least defended better, it would have eliminated any chance of controversial decisions going against us. I'm not worried about us scoring goals for fun, in big tight matches we need to be more clinical, its something we need to work on along with controlling the match and complacency , maybe we were over confident yesterday?
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:43 pm

zuricity wrote:
littlebig wrote:Poor finishing and poor ref decisions cost us yesterday. Doesn’t have to be one or the other.

Attack the argument you write. The foul on Rodri was reviewed and they said no penalty . According to press reports.

I would dispute whether the penalty incident was even reviewed by VAR as anytime I've watched a game and there has been a review it has been declared even if the incident was not clearly known however yesterday you just had Mike Oliver pointing at his earpiece as if to say it hasn't told him there was a penalty.
The other thing is about the ref on the pitch having the final say. Oliver did not on the disallowed goal as he was told it had hit Laporte's arm nor last week when the ref was told that Sterling was offside as a matter of fact. Before the decision is made final the match referee should review the incident if he's going to change the decision.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby littlebig » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:46 pm

zuricity wrote:

Oh! Didn’t know it was reviewed by var, that makes it even worse.

I did call out bad decisions above
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:02 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:

I would dispute whether the penalty incident was even reviewed by VAR as anytime I've watched a game and there has been a review it has been declared even if the incident was not clearly known however yesterday you just had Mike Oliver pointing at his earpiece as if to say it hasn't told him there was a penalty.
The other thing is about the ref on the pitch having the final say. Oliver did not on the disallowed goal as he was told it had hit Laporte's arm nor last week when the ref was told that Sterling was offside as a matter of fact. Before the decision is made final the match referee should review the incident if he's going to change the decision.

Agreed, but Oliver was also not allowed to see any video evidence . It wouldn't have mattered , this snivelling little git has always had a thing about City. How he could call for a foul on Bernardo when he was ganged upon by three spuds is beyond belief.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:18 pm

Outcast wrote:Is there any chance we can take positives from the game and move forward, its starting to depress me thinking about our finishing and decisions going against us? I'm sure there is an agenda to slow us down and make the league more competitive. However, had we converted our chances or at least defended better, it would have eliminated any chance of controversial decisions going against us. I'm not worried about us scoring goals for fun, in big tight matches we need to be more clinical, its something we need to work on along with controlling the match and complacency , maybe we were over confident yesterday?

Lots of positives we can take from the game.

Rodri is settling in nicely and looks like he will be able to dictate the tempo of our games.

Ottamendi and Laporte had fine games and marshalled Kane well and were excellent playing out from the back.

Gundogan was very good in large patches of the game. His movement to get away from the spurs press really opened up the attacking space for us.

KDB was orchestrating everything and will only get sharper as the season goes on.

Walker looks reborn. He looks faster, stronger and more importantly seems more concentrated.

Stones was dropped from the squad and will know he needs to come back stronger than ever. We have serious competition for all places on the field and each and every player knows that if they are not at it 100%, they could be watching on tv next week.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:49 pm

Outcast wrote:Is there any chance we can take positives from the game and move forward, its starting to depress me thinking about our finishing and decisions going against us? I'm sure there is an agenda to slow us down and make the league more competitive. However, had we converted our chances or at least defended better, it would have eliminated any chance of controversial decisions going against us. I'm not worried about us scoring goals for fun, in big tight matches we need to be more clinical, its something we need to work on along with controlling the match and complacency , maybe we were over confident yesterday?

Rodri is settling in nicely and looks like he will be able to dictate the tempo of our games.

Ottamendi and Laporte had fine games and marshalled Kane well and were excellent playing out from the back.

Gundogan was very good in large patches of the game. His movement to get away from the spurs press really opened up the attacking space for us.

KDB was orchestrating everything and will only get sharper as the season goes on.

Walker looks reborn. He looks faster, stronger and more importantly seems more concentrated.

Stones was dropped from the squad and will know he needs to come back stronger than ever. We have serious competition for all places on the field and each and every player knows that if they are not at it 100%, they could be watching on tv next week.

I thought KDB was some way off his best but otherwise agree with you.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:58 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

his running style looks really odd these days
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:01 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

his running style looks really odd these days

It's the tight trousers
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:29 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

We seemed to be playing a 4-4-1-1 at times with kdb playing behind Aguero. It was a different set up than the one where himself and Silva are in the midfield 3, where both of them get on the ball alot deeper. Yesterday he was getting on the ball closer to the spurs goal and he was very influential in bringing other players into the play. The only real negative was his shooting. I fully expected him to rattle the net with a couple that sailed wide
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum