Bury and Bolton

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Bury and Bolton

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:14 pm

So Bury could well go out of business on Friday. Is it deserved as they have clearly overspent in trying to overachieve over the last year or so and probably beyond? Should other clubs step in and help out, or should they get themselves out of the mess they’re in?

Bolton are another fine old club in a fine old mess. Though they aren’t in a precarious a position as Bury, things aren’t looking good. But one thing I am puzzled over is how they themselves can postpone fixtures claiming welfare of players without any comeback. Surely if they can’t fulfil a fixture without agreement of the opposition and the Football League they should forfeit the points.

Macc are another club in financial disarray having not paid Campbell for four months with staff and players not getting wages on time four times in the last six months. There will undoubtedly be others

Is it time for a lot of lower league clubs to go part time? We are the only country in Europe to have four full time leagues and 8ndeed, many Conference teams are full time as well. It is clearly not sustainable
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Bury and Bolton

Postby zuricity » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:44 pm

Both City and the rags could easily and spontaneously organise a friendly at gigg lane to help out . Actually it shouldn't come to this , so late in the day.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:12 pm

Bury and Bolton have always dug out City.

I'm from Bury, and their club are full on rag lovers. Absolute pricks. A couple of years ago their marketing team randomly had a sly dig at us in one of their promotional materials.

Bolton is a fuckin horrible town. After working there for 4 years I've never met a more delusional bunch of people.

Fuck them both.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nick » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:55 pm

Bolton fans I know / have met have always been sound and hate the rags

Cant comment on bury.

But agree simple friendly from any of us and it would dig them out.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nick » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:56 pm

Also pretty sure khaldoon isnt petty, in the eyes of abuse Dhabi positive PR not sure why we woukdnt help
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby salford city » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:29 am

I remember when we went down to the old 3rd division and the shit we got from bury. Fcut em they get no sympathy from me. Bolton fans you always see on the train coming back from euston when we've both played there so I don't mind them. Gross mis-management for both and sadly, if we were to step in it would only be a slight reprieve - particularly in bury's case
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:13 am

Why the fuck should we help out other clubs (clubs that would love to see us go under and would have voted for FFP given the chance) when it's not our job?

We can't just go offering handouts to certain clubs and not others. We help Bury and why would Bristol City not kick up a fuss that they should get the money we're giving Bury?

Like someone's mentioned - teams like Bury, Stockport, Bolton, they all loved it when we were down there and did nothing but shove it in our faces. If you're not local and from one of those towns you probably won't get it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:26 am

They should merge. Having 92 full time clubs isnt sustainable anyway.

And I agree, I'd City and United were to just bail them out where does it end?

The sheik isnt even allowed to out his own money into City so surely there are rules against other clubs giving cash to others? Conflict of interest?

If they dont go bust we could loan them a load of youth players and a manager... that way we have a proxy B team playing in league one
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby salford city » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:58 am

If they dont go bust we could loan them a load of youth players and a manager... that way we have a proxy B team playing in league one[/quote]

That's an intersting idea that could work in our favour but daresay there are rules around it that would rather Bury went under than us (or any other top flight team) "help" them out in this manner
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby fangsanalsatan » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:01 am

When the owners are syphoning money out of the club, no donation will help to save these clubs. Instead, you're just going to chuck even more money into their pocket. Nothing City, Utd or any other club can do about it. Instead, the EFL should be held accountable for allowing a charlatan to buy a club in dire straits without having the funds to run it.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:11 pm

I grew up in Bury and I know a good number of Bury (and Bolton) fans who are decent enough football fan types and I will be very sad for them if their club disappears. There are a few half-rag knobheads but not many round where I used to live and the few I did encounter no-one took a blind bit of notice of anyway. :lol:

I can't imagine how it would feel if City ever went under.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:53 pm

A couple of our greatest players started at both clubs if we help it is only a good thing a once again proof we are not ruining football, city are the best club in the world just a decent thing to do for another greater Manchester club even if some of the fans are twats....
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:58 pm

Bury and Bolton run by low life gangsters only in it to take money out of the club . The fans and communities of both these great clubs let down beyond any words of the scum “owning” both clubs . Until such low life “owners” got rid of in any certain capacity will or can any other wealthy club try and help out .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:19 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:I grew up in Bury and I know a good number of Bury (and Bolton) fans who are decent enough football fan types and I will be very sad for them if their club disappears. There are a few half-rag knobheads but not many round where I used to live and the few I did encounter no-one took a blind bit of notice of anyway. :lol:

You must have lived in Greenmount haha.

When I was a teenager it was "Quid a Kid" at Bury so I went a few times. Half their "fans" wore rag shirts. I went in my City shirt once after watching us beat Gillingham and the amount of shit I got was unreal.

Their security is wank as well. I managed to walk in to the changing rooms after we played them in a friendly under Keegan.

Shitty little club.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:31 pm

Mase wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:I grew up in Bury and I know a good number of Bury (and Bolton) fans who are decent enough football fan types and I will be very sad for them if their club disappears. There are a few half-rag knobheads but not many round where I used to live and the few I did encounter no-one took a blind bit of notice of anyway. :lol:

When I was a teenager it was "Quid a Kid" at Bury so I went a few times. Half their "fans" wore rag shirts. I went in my City shirt once after watching us beat Gillingham and the amount of shit I got was unreal.

Their security is wank as well. I managed to walk in to the changing rooms after we played them in a friendly under Keegan.

Shitty little club.

Blackford Bridge ain't Greenmount, mate. :lol:
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:33 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Shitty little club.

I played football in Unsworth a lot as a kid. Definitely not posh haha
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:51 pm

Im betting on a last minute rescue for Bury. Still so many Clubs barely surviving.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:15 pm

One also wonders how close in 1999 we were to this kind of plight had we not won the play off final. More Bolton than Bury, but in the shit nonetheless.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:22 pm

Back in the day there was no FFP. So teams that were close to going out of business were always going to get bought.

Now teams are fucked because any business owner with a bit of sense would stay far away from a lower level football team unless they just wanted a 'play thing'
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gmercer1 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:40 am

Mase wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Shitty little club.

I played football in Unsworth a lot as a kid. Definitely not posh haha

How old are you Mase and who did you play For? I’m 44 and played for Unsworth from 9yr old till 15. Our home pitch was Blackford Bridge in the early days. Fuckin huge pitch at the time for 9 yr olds haha.
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum