Lawro & Champagne Charlie Predictions v Cherries (A)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro & Champagne Charlie Predictions v Cherries (A)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:43 pm

Lawro's guest this week is rugby league star Stefan Ratchford.

Ratchford, 31, is preparing for this weekend's Challenge Cup final as his side Warrington Wolves take on big rivals St Helens at Wembley. The England full-back has made 260 appearances in the Super League and has 93 career tries. But he could have been a footballer alongside his favourite players Virgil van Dijk and Roberto Firmino.
"The lads don't believe me but I was offered a six-week trial at Liverpool when I was a kid," Ratchford told BBC Sport. "I was really keen because I'm a rat infested dipping victimpool fan, but I had already agreed to sign for Salford Red Devils that week!"

Lawro says

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49434995

Man City will still be annoyed about last weekend when VAR ruled out that late winner against Tottenham but it should be a routine win this weekend.

The problem for Bournemouth is that City have the ability to unpick their defence. Eddie Howe's side had a good win against Aston Villa but I can't see them getting a result here.

Lawro's prediction: 0-3

Stefan's prediction: 1-3

He actually gets paid for thinking of that pile of shite, come on Lawro sort your head out and provide something worth reading. :oops:

Champagne Charlie says:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -liverpool

Last season Bournemouth didn't have a shot when they played Manchester City at home and lost 1-0. They got a bit of praise for the way they played, but I don't like to praise a team for playing like that, particularly at home.

Eddie Howe is not that type of manager. I can understand why you would want to sit in and not open up but they are at home and I don't expect them to go down this season, so why not see what happens? I am not saying get involved in an end-to-end game but they must try and lay a glove on City.

City can let goals in if you have a go at them, we have seen that from set-pieces.

However, City were brilliant for long periods against Tottenham and Kevin De Bruyne was amazing. They have goals, pace, cleverness, and I can only a see comfortable win here.

CHARLIE PREDICTS: 0-3
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro & Champagne Charlie Predictions v Cherries (A)

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:35 pm

3-0 will do me.

Good to see Charlie wasn’t taken in by the ‘plucky underdogs ‘ routine last year.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:57 pm

Take the prediction any day but I think we might turn it on big time and school Bournemouth
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:09 am

Doesn't feel the same without DC.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Return to The Maine Football forum