The View from the Home End

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The View from the Home End

Postby CuteMancs » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:27 am

I'm on holiday this week (and next), but fortunately there are not too many comments from the home fans. After last weekend, I have it all figured out now. We have to win every game for the rest of the season by more than one goal. If we don't they will screw us and a point is all we are going to get. I don't like this, but I have to get back to the bar now...

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Andre Marriner Assistants: Scott Ledger; Simon Long Fourth official: Simon Hooper VAR: Kevin Friend Assistant VAR: Matthew Wilkes

Team Selection

Ramsdale
Smith Cook Ake Daniels
H Wilson Billings Surman Lerma Fraser
C Wilson

And the rest...

Oh God do we have to start thinking about this already ......I don't care 5 or 6 nil just as long as we're spared the shame of our last so called performance against them

Last 2 home games v City have been tight, but very different. I enjoyed last seasons game for it's discipline and team approach. At 0-1 there's always a chance. At 0-4 there is none

In the Telegraph today....James Ducker writes...."City could put 10 past a team this season

And De Bruyne seems to be on fire this season. Also let’s not forget Sterling didn’t score his usual goal against us last year.

16 men behind the ball and hope VAR doesn't notice.

Quite an interesting read on City's tactical fouling. Having seen them play live a couple of times now, I would be inclined to agree with their headline... It's not the fact that they foul high up the pitch to stop attacks that is the problem; its the fact that they rarely seem to get booked for it, so they can just do it all game. Fernandinho basically plays like Billing did against Villa every game, yet he never looks likely to be sent off.

"Oh god" sums my feelings up for this match

Anyone can be "the best manager in the world" when you have just about unlimited funds to buy any player. So, no.

I don't really see how anyone can say Guardiola isn't the best manager in the world currently. He's spent obscene amounts, but so have most top clubs. I don't like it, there's FFP question marks over it, but that's just the way it works at the top. He knows exactly what he needs, buys the players, and then sets records. Klopp is very close, of course.

No one coach has had such an impact on modern football tactics than Pep. You could argue that Bielsa was the first to bring ‘press and possess’ to the mainstream but obviously he’s had nowhere near the same level of success

He’s spent lots, but their biggest transfer is Mahrez for £60m isn’t it? When you consider what the other clubs around them have spent as a whole, on individual players and the fact they basically have 2 teams that could contend the league, it’s quite remarkable.

Our results against City at home over the last 4 seasons have improved. Could this be the year that we nick a win? Or at least a draw?? I'm expecting a defeat but football can sometimes throw up that unexpected result !

He may well be the best manager in the world but if we get any kind of result after Citys draw last week the press will have an absolute , Man city have imploded field day .

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: The View from the Home End

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:50 am

Cheers CM. Enjoy your holiday

Decent comments in the main, kind of what you'd expect
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: The View from the Home End

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:39 am

Glass half empty lot, some common sense ones too.

Cheers CM don't forget your sun cream
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Return to The Maine Football forum