***bfc v mcfc official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***bfc v mcfc official match thread***

Postby bigblue » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:00 pm

Dameerto wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Commentator just loves to mention the price of a substitute coming on....wont hear that with other teams...just ours.

And the fact he cost us something like £26 million (net) doesn't seem to come into it with them.

Half of a wan bissacka or less than 1/3 of a slabhead
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby carolina-blue » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:08 pm

PrezIke wrote:
bigblue wrote:
PrezIke wrote:(BBC) "Why no VAR penalty?
Bournemouth 1-3 Man City

A bit more on that VAR decision not to award Manchester City a penalty after he appeared to be brought down by Jefferson Lerma a little earlier in the half.

The appeal was considered not to be a penalty by the on-field referee. As a matter of course, the VAR checked it. We understand that, because this was a subjective decision, the VAR deemed that there was not enough evidence to overturn the original call and so stuck with the on-field decision."

"Subjective?" They've sure got it figured out. Fans will warm to VAR now we've had this explained. :roll:

Stepping on someone's foot is not subjective

Exactly!

Nor apparently is stepping on somebody’s
Heel ,When Sterling got his heel stamped on
Showing the replay The commentator said
Just a slight brush in the back no penalty there
Completely ignoring the heel stamp while he was looking at it fuckin hell
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby PrezIke » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:08 pm

(The Guardian) "We need to talk about Sergio Agüero. According to Opta...[his] double takes his tally for Manchester City to 235, and a grand total of 400 goals for club and country. “It’s pretty stunning how well Agüero has worked with a series of different managers. Most of the players you would think of as ‘best ever’ really only played with one or two managers, certainly the forwards,” argues Joe Harvey, via email. “Agüero hasn’t perfectly adapted to what Pep wants, but Agüero has to be the first player on a very short list whom Pep has had to compromise his ideals to play, no?”
Last edited by PrezIke on Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby bigblue » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:09 pm

PrezIke wrote:(The Guardian) "We need to talk about Sergio Agüero. According to Opta...his double takes his tally for Manchester City to 235, and a grand total of 400 goals for club and country. “It’s pretty stunning how well Agüero has worked with a series of different managers. Most of the players you would think of as ‘best ever’ really only played with one or two managers, certainly the forwards,” argues Joe Harvey, via email. “Agüero hasn’t perfectly adapted to what Pep wants, but Agüero has to be the first player on a very short list whom Pep has had to compromise his ideals to play, no?”

Sky just said hes only scored 399 goals and they completely slipped over the var decision
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:39 pm

Ignoring the VAR nonsense the 2 biggest problems today were the pitch and the fact that we didn't play very well.

No watering on the pitch meant the ball ran badly and disrupted the way we play. Long balls they played didnt run on as they should . But too many of our players were off their game. Kevin most notably for me but Walker was also having one of those silly games where he was too likely to give a goal away.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:48 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Ignoring the VAR nonsense the 2 biggest problems today were the pitch and the fact that we didn't play very well.

No watering on the pitch meant the ball ran badly and disrupted the way we play. Long balls they played didnt run on as they should . But too many of our players were off their game. Kevin most notably for me but Walker was also having one of those silly games where he was too likely to give a goal away.

Its impossible to ignore the fucking VAR nonsense as everything points towards it being a godsend to the dweebs in the FA to fuck us over with.
If we dont score 3 fuckign goals a game we will struggle.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby salford city » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:09 am

Its impossible to ignore the fucking VAR nonsense as everything points towards it being a godsend to the dweebs in the FA to fuck us over with.
If we dont score 3 fuckign goals a game we will struggle.[/quote]

Hard to argue with that when you consider the only time we didn't score 3 we didn't win. Unfortunately, for the FA VAR and everybody else, we keep on keeping on
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:34 pm

salford city wrote:Its impossible to ignore the fucking VAR nonsense as everything points towards it being a godsend to the dweebs in the FA to fuck us over with.
If we dont score 3 fuckign goals a game we will struggle.

Hard to argue with that when you consider the only time we didn't score 3 we didn't win. Unfortunately, for the FA VAR and everybody else, we keep on keeping on[/quote]

We did score three, unfortunately we were cheated out of one of them but I get your point :D
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum