***Norwich City A PL| Post Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Norwich City A PL| Post Match Thread***

Postby Mase » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:58 am

budfox wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Even I find it hard to motivate myself as a fan this year after last season. We managed to do something that was never done and will never be done for years now, but we also had one of the most toxic seasons in years.
It was something exhausting both as a player and as a fan.
e.

Couldn't agree more.

The last 6 games of the season were mentally and sometimes physically exhausting being a fan. Genuinely had to watch every match feeling like I was on the verge of being sick. I wouldn't want to go through that again to be honest.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:39 am

Win the rest of our games and we'll be champs again - it's still that simple
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:29 am

There's a reason that stones and Ottamendi don't play together, they're shit. I'm not sure where all the hype about stones being good at playing out from the back comes from. Is it because he's English? He is about as good as MacGuire, which is not that good. He dithers on the ball and is never available to receive the ball. It's like he is not aware of the dangers around him. He plays his own game and is not interested in leading a team.

Ottamendi is just average
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:45 am

johnny crossan wrote:Win the rest of our games and we'll be champs again - it's still that simple

True that.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Outcast » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:55 am

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:There's a reason that stones and Ottamendi don't play together, they're shit. I'm not sure where all the hype about stones being good at playing out from the back comes from. Is it because he's English? He is about as good as MacGuire, which is not that good. He dithers on the ball and is never available to receive the ball. It's like he is not aware of the dangers around him. He plays his own game and is not interested in leading a team.

Ottamendi is just average

Maybe this is a knee jerk reaction, We should have paid ransoms money to his greedy agent and bought De Ligt or that defender from Napoli I can never remember his name. Had Kompany stayed one more season, we would have been ok, we miss his leadership without s doubt. Him leaving early took the club by surprise and dont think they budgeted for a marquee defender. I dont think Silva should be our captain, he's too quiet and reserved. I think KDB should step to that role, he has the characteristics and presence of a captain
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:33 am

Kev would have to be on the pitch to be our captain
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby s1ty m » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:15 am

Mase wrote:Kev would have to be on the pitch to be our captain

What? Are you suggesting our best player should start? Crazy...
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Outcast » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:19 am

I'm talking long term, he's a guaranteed starter unless rested. The players started yesterday should have been more than good enough to beat a deflated Norwich side. Was it sheer arrogance and lack of effort? Apart from the fuck ups at the back, dont think there was apparent leadership to drag us out of the mess. Had KDB started the outcome might have been different, it's all hindsight and ifs. Come to think of it Laporte wouldn't be a bad shout, my only reservation he comes across too quiet. I'm not thinking talent alone, you have to factor character and personality into captaincy and dont think Silva fits the bill. I also think its time to start bedding Foden into first team, it's a gamble worth taking seeing Silva is leaving next season.
Outcast

Postby Mase » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:32 am

Outcast wrote:

I'm talking long term, he's a guaranteed starter unless rested. The players started yesterday should have been more than good enough to beat a deflated Norwich side. Was it sheer arrogance and lack of effort? Apart from the fuck ups at the back, dont think there was apparent leadership to drag us out of the mess. Had KDB started the outcome might have been different, it's all hindsight and ifs. Come to think of it Laporte wouldn't be a bad shout, my only reservation he comes across too quiet. I'm not thinking talent alone, you have to factor character and personality into captaincy and dont think Silva fits the bill. I also think its time to start bedding Foden into first team, it's a gamble worth taking seeing Silva is leaving next season.

Kev's not a leader mate. He might make a decent captain eventually. We don't have a leader imo
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:48 am

I think Fern should be our leader.
Remember the rags game, at home, last year when he almost gave Mahrez a correction on the pitch for not running back?

Beside that, we really are lacking a leader. KDB, Dave or Sergio are not the answer.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby City64 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:59 am

An absolute shambles of a performance and team selection . Ottomendi worst performance from any city player in recent times , absolute horrendous "defending".
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby budfox » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:12 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Win the rest of our games and we'll be champs again - it's still that simple

True that.

Yeah, but we just lost to Norwich. Does anyone really think we can now win every remaining game? Won't happen.

What I would say, and did earlier, is that nothing less than six points from the murderers will do.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:30 pm

loads of the i’m a better fan than you sorts out in force at the mo!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Outcast » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:59 pm

Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:

Kev's not a leader mate. He might make a decent captain eventually. We don't have a leader imo

We are not exactly spoiled for choice, I cant pick Fern as he's not going to start regularly, personally none of them fit the bill and to be fair the likes of Kompany are rare breed. We'll have to see whether this was a blip or a serious concern going forward.
Outcast

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:44 pm

Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:

We are not exactly spoiled for choice, I cant pick Fern as he's not going to start regularly, personally none of them fit the bill and to be fair the likes of Kompany are rare breed. We'll have to see whether this was a blip or a serious concern going forward.

I honestly think it was a blip. Look at the goals we conceded yesterday, one was a decent header but the others were basic fuck ups by a couple of CBs that would usually be fine. We know they're usually fine as we've seen them play well on n numerous occasions.

The issue yesterday, for me, was the inclusion of Stones so quickly after the injury. Otamendi likes to play on the right but was switched to allow Stones the position, which meant we were playing with 2 CBs who were not quite right. Confusion set in and the communication went when under pressure, basically not taking responsibility. They can only get better the more the train and play together.

Just looking at the stats from yesterday it's hard to see how we didn't win it. Near 70% possession, 25 shots, 8 on target, just shows that you can have everything but don't necessarily get the points.

I thought Norwich played to their strengths, packed the box and stopped us from getting a free run on goal. 11 blocked shots and 6 saves is no mean feat and goes someway to show how hard they worked.

As for the pitch, I know we say it's an even playing field but, fuck me, it looked like they were playing on something the council couldn't be arsed cutting. The way the ball held up affected our play and I'm sure, after a couple of international fixtures, affected our players legs.

Think I might watch it again, probably better than the games today.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:12 pm

ederson did not cover himself in glory. On current form is bravo a better shot stopper?
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Outcast » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:19 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:ederson did not cover himself in glory. On current form is bravo a better shot stopper?

Behave
Outcast

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:15 pm

Can anyone say in all honesty the reason we lost yesterday was because of KDB being rested, probably because the most important group CL game is coming up?

Sometimes in football it goes against you. A number of players simply dont perform for whatever reason. A couple of 6s, you can easily get by. Five or six underperforming players away from home and you could be in trouble. It happens. Norwich took their chances and defended well, had a bit of their own good luck and won the game. We've been there ourselves nit so long ago.

Its how we react now. The next half dozen games or so will see whether we still have the hunger. I personally think we have. We shall see
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby City64 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:17 pm

nottsblue wrote:Can anyone say in all honesty the reason we lost yesterday was because of KDB being rested, probably because the most important group CL game is coming up?

Sometimes in football it goes against you. A number of players simply dont perform for whatever reason. A couple of 6s, you can easily get by. Five or six underperforming players away from home and you could be in trouble. It happens. Norwich took their chances and defended well, had a bit of their own good luck and won the game. We've been there ourselves nit so long ago.

Its how we react now. The next half dozen games or so will see whether we still have the hunger. I personally think we have. We shall see

We were fucking shit and deserved absolutely fuck all from the game . Take nothing away from Norwich the gave everything .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby patrickblue » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:21 am

City64 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Can anyone say in all honesty the reason we lost yesterday was because of KDB being rested, probably because the most important group CL game is coming up?

We were fucking shit and deserved absolutely fuck all from the game . Take nothing away from Norwich the gave everything.

Couldn't have put it better myself.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum