Other games week end 20/9 >23/9

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Other games week end 20/9 >23/9

Postby zuricity » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:08 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:VAR is fucking shit but that was clearly offside. Had that been against us I’d want it called.

What pisses me off is how fucking lucky these dippers are!

I'm not complaining about VAR this time , I'm complaining because it was NOT A FUCKING FOUL..how was he supposed to get out the way of that other tit barging into him ?

Oliver the best we have ? what a fuckign JOKE !!!

He kicked the ball over the Chelsea player then ran into him. Never had a hope of getting the ball and the Chelsea player had no way of getting out of the way. No foul. Defending was a joke on the free kick though.
For the offside at the Chelsea "goal", if VAR has a margin of error in the region of 15cm then why is it ruling on offsides that are much smaller than this. The one yesterday in the Spurs game was pathetic. Even if Spurs were on the wrong side of it. Martin Tyler tries to say it's like being caught at 51mph in a 50mph zone but it's not when the margin of error is 10% you don't get done unless you're doing at least 55mph or else it's impossible to prosecute legally. But football thinks it's above the law.

Then it is about time these refs and the organisers of the PL were taken to court for their actions !

Remember, above all else , this is a business, with business laws and methods of operation.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:33 pm

They really need to have a rethink on the offside rule; the original rule was brought in to stop teams continually lumping the ball to a goal-hanging centre forward one-on-one with the keeper, because it was ruining the game as a spectacle. What it has become is a means of frustrating slick, passing moves by a matter of centimetres, which is ruining the game as a spectacle! The rule was never intended for this.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby IanWright » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:31 pm

F'ckin Scouse bastards.

Beat them twice and you've won the league. Just have faith.
"If you asked 100 people, 99 would say Adebayor was wrong. The 100th would be Mark Hughes." Arsene Wenger
IanWright
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Arsenal
My favourite player is: Paul Merson

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:53 pm

IanWright wrote:F'ckin Scouse bastards.

Where do your lot stand on Emery mate. I imagine a home loss to Villa would've gone down like a pint of cold sick. Is he doing any good or is he papering over cracks?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:25 pm

Hate to say it but I don’t see them dropping many points this season. We better get this defense sorted quickly.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby IanWright » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:36 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Where do your lot stand on Emery mate. I imagine a home loss to Villa would've gone down like a pint of cold sick. Is he doing any good or is he papering over cracks?

Papering over the cracks, mate, most definitely. We don't seem to have an identity, a staple, a mark under Emery. If we do, it's this stupid playing out of the back nonsense.

There *was* talk of Arteta before we got Emery. I wonder if he'd still be interested, given that (if reports are to be believed) we left him out in the cold after negotiating with Emery when we signed him.
"If you asked 100 people, 99 would say Adebayor was wrong. The 100th would be Mark Hughes." Arsene Wenger
IanWright
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Arsenal
My favourite player is: Paul Merson

Postby nottsblue » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:06 pm

IanWright wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Papering over the cracks, mate, most definitely. We don't seem to have an identity, a staple, a mark under Emery. If we do, it's this stupid playing out of the back nonsense.

There *was* talk of Arteta before we got Emery. I wonder if he'd still be interested, given that (if reports are to be believed) we left him out in the cold after negotiating with Emery when we signed him.

Talk of Arteta is that Pep reckons he will take over from himself when he leaves City
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:47 pm

nottsblue wrote:
IanWright wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Talk of Arteta is that Pep reckons he will take over from himself when he leaves City

Yeah, get your own teta.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Dameerto » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:18 pm

nottsblue wrote:
IanWright wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Was going to say he'd be missed at City if he went.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby zuricity » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:07 am

You can do us a favour in the league cup too !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:24 pm

Stuffy scouse bastards fucking keeper clanger again :mrgreen:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum