Lawro & Champagne Charlie Predictions v Wolves (H)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro & Champagne Charlie Predictions v Wolves (H)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:00 pm

this week Lawro teams up with Michael Johnson.

"Johnson, who also runs his own performance training company, recently met up with Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino to share some of his sporting knowledge. "We have worked with many teams in the past - Arsenal, Manchester United and some of the Brazilian clubs," Johnson told BBC Sport.
"We focus on athletic development, away from the skill of the sport.
"It was fantastic visit to Spurs to see how they operate, and great to talk about how they are integrating athletic development into their academy and building players, and helping young players achieve their potential.
"Mauricio has a real winning mindset and understands the psychology around players, and how motivation is extremely important.
"We talked a lot about how that approach is very different with each athlete, because each athlete is motivated differently. He shows a keen understanding of that and I think that is why he has been so successful."

Lawro says

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49920111

Wolves play in Turkey in the Europa League on Thursday night so this is a tough turnaround before they travel to play the defending champions.

Manchester City made a big statement with their win last weekend, because a lot of people were expecting their makeshift defence to crack when Everton had a go at them.

I would argue that going to Goodison Park and winning was one of their best results so far this season, and I think they will find things a lot easier on Sunday.

Wolves are better when they come forward than they are when they sit in, and I am expecting City to find a way through them.

Lawro's prediction: 3-0
Michael's prediction: 3-1

Charlie says

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... redictions

Wolves can be awkward, but Manchester City should have a comfortable afternoon. If Liverpool drop points on the Saturday before, then it is a chance they simply have to take. City are brilliant to watch, and they are only just getting started. Wolves are a dangerous side and they got their first win last week, but by the time they have come from Thursday's tough trip to Besiktas, it may be too much for Nuno Espirito Santo's side.

CHARLIE PREDICTS: 3-1 (10/1 with Sky Bet)

Incidentally, Charlie has gone for the dippers to have a 2-2 draw however, the ever dependable Lawro has gone for a dipper win 2-1
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro & Champagne Charlie Predictions v Wolves (H)

Postby nottsblue » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:32 pm

Take either of those scores. You can really see how Poch has motivated spuds this season
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Lawro & Champagne Charlie Predictions v Wolves (H)

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:19 pm

They all agree we will score three, which would be okay by me, but four is better! What Johnson actually said was Spurs are crap and I'm not surprised they let in seven, but it was edited.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum