***Champions v Wolves Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Champions v Wolves Official Match Thread***

Postby Mase » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:35 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
It was always going to be a struggle finding that hunger again after the two amazing seasons we've had. I mean, if us fans can't even get properly fired up, it's no wonder that the players are also struggling to reach their maximum.

Not like they're being paid hundreds of thousands a week eh mate?

That's not really relevant, though. They get paid whether they win or not, and cash is not as strong of an incentive as that drive/desire to be the best and to win. That's why you always need to shake up winning teams quite a bit every now and then.

I disagree. When players are looking for new/better contracts you see them perform better. Sterling season before last, Gundo last season. Money is definitely relevant to these people. They're not like me or you, they're earning £150k a week and arguing about an extra £20k :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby mr_nool » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:37 pm

Mase wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
It was always going to be a struggle finding that hunger again after the two amazing seasons we've had. I mean, if us fans can't even get properly fired up, it's no wonder that the players are also struggling to reach their maximum.

That's not really relevant, though. They get paid whether they win or not, and cash is not as strong of an incentive as that drive/desire to be the best and to win. That's why you always need to shake up winning teams quite a bit every now and then.

I disagree. When players are looking for new/better contracts you see them perform better. Sterling season before last, Gundo last season. Money is definitely relevant to these people. They're not like me or you, they're earning £150k a week and arguing about an extra £20k :lol:

Of course money is relevant, but it can't replace the hunger to win. And after two seasons like we've had, it's very difficult to keep that hunger at the same level.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Mase » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:59 pm

I hear you mate, and I agree to a certain extent. If players can't show desire against Norwich and Wolves they shouldn't be here in my opinion though. If we lose to Liverpool or Chelsea because of hunger to win I can see where you're coming from.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby budfox » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:17 pm

Week in, week out, our best players earn more in a month than many people earn in a lifetime.

There is no excuse, none whatsoever, for not trying your hardest and wanting to win every game for those who have paid to watch.

Have a bad game by all means, tweet something stupid, miss a sitter, get injured, get a red card, miss a penalty, but never, ever give less than you're capable of.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby Mase » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:37 pm

Problem with us is we don't usually have one player that has a bad game. They all have a bad game or a class game!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:57 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Of course money is relevant, but it can't replace the hunger to win. And after two seasons like we've had, it's very difficult to keep that hunger at the same level.

Loose they forfeit a fortnight's wages. See some fucking running then.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:46 pm

[/quote]

Loose they forfeit a fortnight's wages. See some fucking running then.[/quote]

Running to other clubs maybe.
Tracking back is overrated.