Seasons expectations

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Seasons expectations

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:02 am

everyonehatesus wrote:the international break came at the right time for us for a change, we will get through this and the dippers will have a bad spell at some point, the VAR help they currently receive will stop too. its in all the press now so that coupled with a couple of injury set backs we will close the gap even without the head to head games. this will be a cracker of a season from about Christmas time I think, the pressure will get to them im sure of it.

They've also got the Club World Cup thing in December. A nice little trip to Qatar to play against either Monterrey (in a realistic world) or the Qatari champions (more likely, as it's held in Qatar) and then another match is to our benefit considering the hefty Christmas/New Year schedule.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Tim777 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:36 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
everyonehatesus wrote:the international break came at the right time for us for a change, we will get through this and the dippers will have a bad spell at some point, the VAR help they currently receive will stop too. its in all the press now so that coupled with a couple of injury set backs we will close the gap even without the head to head games. this will be a cracker of a season from about Christmas time I think, the pressure will get to them im sure of it.

They've also got the Club World Cup thing in December. A nice little trip to Qatar to play against either Monterrey (in a realistic world) or the Qatari champions (more likely, as it's held in Qatar) and then another match is to our benefit considering the hefty Christmas/New Year schedule.

Well, according to my brother, who's a dippers fan, they've got it all figured out.

So it's 114 points for them, a successful CL defence and at least one cup 8-)

I miss my late rag dad's heated banter with him over the years, he used to put him in his place on time; I just listen to his tripe and shake my head because nothing sinks in no matter what logic or reason you throw at him.

There's one upside though: his two sons are both rag enthusiasts because of their gramp's influence, which is beyond hilarious!
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Mase » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:25 pm

Tim777 wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

Well, according to my brother, who's a dippers fan, they've got it all figured out.

I miss my late rag dad's heated banter with him over the years, he used to put him in his place on time; I just listen to his tripe and shake my head because nothing sinks in no matter what logic or reason you throw at him.

There's one upside though: his two sons are both rag enthusiasts because of their gramp's influence, which is beyond hilarious!

Is your brother from Liverpool? I've never understood why people that aren't from Liverpool support them. Not because you can't be from outside Liverpool and support them, but their "us against the world" attitude.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Tim777 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:53 pm

Mase wrote:
Tim777 wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

Is your brother from Liverpool? I've never understood why people that aren't from Liverpool support them. Not because you can't be from outside Liverpool and support them, but their "us against the world" attitude.

Nope. We're in South Africa.
I suppose he got hooked from the era when Rick Astley was killing it :D
There's a lot of them here. It's an epidemic!
When the rags and them have their "derbies", the frenzy on social media etc. is still hectic this side.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Postby Mase » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:13 pm

Tim777 wrote:
When the rags and them have their "derbies", the frenzy on social media etc. is still hectic this side.

I'm sure if he stepped foot in the city of Liverpool he'd have second thoughts about supporting them. Horrible people.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:01 pm

Tim777 wrote:
Mase wrote:
Tim777 wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

I lived in SA from 86 to 95 and there were Munchen and Dipper fans all over the place - their knowledge was 1 out of 10 on anything related to those teams they supported .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby City64 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:29 pm

Something amiss at the city training campus today . Picture of Pep in a distressed state being consoled. Could be anything but the few pictures don’t look great .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:50 am

City64 wrote:Something amiss at the city training campus today . Picture of Pep in a distressed state being consoled. Could be anything but the few pictures don’t look great .

He’s probably still whining about his mates going to jail for 100years and is in self destruct mode .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:50 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
City64 wrote:Something amiss at the city training campus today . Picture of Pep in a distressed state being consoled. Could be anything but the few pictures don’t look great .

He’s probably still whining about his mates going to jail for 100years and is in self destruct mode .

Or Otter is fit !!!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:24 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Or Otter is fit !!!
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Mase » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:31 am

I think Otter is fit.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby city72 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:21 am

Mase wrote:I think Otter is fit.

Gutted
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby Mase » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:31 am

city72 wrote:
Mase wrote:I think Otter is fit.

Gutted

I don't know if he's injury free.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:55 am

Bit late in the day to start this?

No expectations for me this season, especially now considering the injuries. It was always going to be difficult after 2 very successful but draining campaigns, anything we get this season is a bonus.

I wonder if expectations have changed a little due to officiating?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby john@staustell » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:30 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Someone should have a word. At least Scotland WAS a bleeding country before they tagged onto us. Catalonia never ever has been. And only 40 % there want independence. Use public money to promote Catalan projects and indeed an independence promotion, you break state law you go to jail

Crazy fuckin world
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:22 am

rising steeply now :D
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Bear60 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:10 pm

Beating them at Anfield will do me lets get that monkey off our back
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby dazby » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:41 am

Bear60 wrote:Beating them at Anfield will do me lets get that monkey off our back

This. I don't care if we go potless this season. Last season was fricking amazing. But a win at Anfield would be very nice indeed.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum