Big Dave injured

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Big Dave injured

Postby patrickblue » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:34 am

Expected to be out for 10-12 days!

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/david-silva-injury-news-liverpool-17192826

Pep Guardiola expects David Silva to be a fifth Man City injury blow for Liverpool FC fixture

David Silva came off injured in Manchester City’s Premier League game with Southampton and the diagnosis is not promising

22:30, 3 NOV 2019

David Silva is set to miss the Atalanta and Liverpool games as Manchester City’s atrocious injury record gets worse.

Pep Guardiola already knew he would have to make a trip down the M62 the Blues have rarely enjoyed without Aymeric Laporte, Leroy Sane, Rodri and Aleks Zinchenko due to various injuries. Three of those would have expected to start if fit, while Sane scored the crucial winner the last time the teams played in the league.

And the signs are not good for Silva, who complained of a muscle problem towards the end of the first half against Southampton and is expected to be out for 10-12 days.

Speaking about the problem, Guardiola said: “I didn't speak with the doctor but when he has a muscular problem and cannot play more minutes it is because he has something and when it is a muscular problem it is always a minimum of 10-12 days.”

That would leave the City boss without two of his first-choice trio in midfield - the area of the pitch where City are indisputably better than their main challengers for the Premier League throne.

Bernardo Silva or Phil Foden could step in without affecting the rest of the team, or Fernandinho and Ilkay Gundogan could be brought forward if Guardiola decides to bring another centre-back into the team. There are more unorthodox options too; Raheem Sterling played in the position for a Champions League game last season while Gabriel Jesus replaces Silva against Southampton as City went more attacking.

But it leaves the manager with another unwanted headache as he tries to prepare for arguably their most important game of the season so far.

City are already at a disadvantage in the sense that they play in Italy in midweek a day after Liverpool have been at home in the Champions League. The manager is also well aware of the strong record of the Anfield side - both for the last year-and-a-half generally and for a much longer period against City
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Re: Big Dave injured

Postby salford city » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:05 am

We will miss big dave's experience in keeping the ball in tight spaces against thesee fcuked I just hope Pep has a plan that is not put at risk in Italy we know Foden cannot play on Wednesday, so imagine he will be involved on Sunday - if Fern is kept in the back line. Personally, I would prefer him in midfield on Sunday instead of Gundo but then the thought of Otter against their front 3 scares the shite out of me.
The team selection on Wednesday is going to tell us a lot about which competition Pep prioritises, I suspect he will go all guns out to win the chumps league group at the expense of Sunday
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:33 pm

As long as its not gundogan in the advanced role.

Why dont we play reserves in Italy? Dont understand why we dont rest players for that one and win our next home CL game and we are good.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:41 pm

salford city wrote:The team selection on Wednesday is going to tell us a lot about which competition Pep prioritises, I suspect he will go all guns out to win the chumps league group at the expense of Sunday

I'll be shocked if we go full force on Weds. Win and we're through (and top the group if the Shakhtar-Zagreb game is a draw), and draw and we're almost certainly through. Even if we lose, we could only go out if no other games in the group are drawn, from my understanding. Also, from the evidence of the past few seasons, topping the group doesn't seem to be as great an advantage as before - there seems to be more mixing between the teams finishing first and second since the rule about league winners being top seeds was introduced.

I'd line up defensively, and use it as a practice match for games where we might be forced to grind out a second-leg result later in the competition. Or blood a few more youngsters - Garcia certainly merits a start, unless he's being kept for the weekend.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Outcast » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:52 pm

Play Foden, it's worth the gamble.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:33 pm

Outcast wrote:Play Foden, it's worth the gamble.

Would never ever be a gamble - hes currently better than DS IMO (Not a dig at DS either as when he plays well he plays very well but when he plays bad hes plays fucking bad and is shocking in front of goal - not even arguable on that last point ) as he offers more of a goal threat and is just as skillful.

I'm not down hearted by DS being injured at all.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:53 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Would never ever be a gamble - hes currently better than DS IMO (Not a dig at DS either as when he plays well he plays very well but when he plays bad hes plays fucking bad and is shocking in front of goal - not even arguable on that last point ) as he offers more of a goal threat and is just as skillful.

Ironically, I think Silva has more of a tendency to score on an off day than a good one.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:06 pm

i agree that we're better off without him starting at klanfield. that said, he'd have been a good option to bring on late if we're ahead and need to keep possession.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Outcast » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:55 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Would never ever be a gamble - hes currently better than DS IMO (Not a dig at DS either as when he plays well he plays very well but when he plays bad hes plays fucking bad and is shocking in front of goal - not even arguable on that last point ) as he offers more of a goal threat and is just as skillful.

I meant to say we never do well at their shithole, might as well take a chance with Foden rather playing it too safe with whatever that might be, I know Foden is raw, but he'll be up for it, full of energy and creativity, I dont think the occasion will get to him. If he makes mistakes, so what, he can only learn and get better. Silva has been a great servant, I'm past sentiments, time to look to the future, I'm not dismissing Silva at all, seeing we have been inconsistent this season, it's a great opportunity to integrate Phil more consistently than sporadically.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby ruralblue » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:26 pm

My first thought and the lad will have the hunger to cause them some problems. My other thought was Mahrez on the right and pull Benardo central. He hasn't got anywhere near his form of last season though.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby stupot » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:41 pm

The Mahrez on the right and Bernardo central was my 1st thought as well but I now reckon he'll keep Bernardo wide right as him and Raz will track back constantly and if we stop their full backs we'll win in my opinion.

A Foden winner in front of the Kop. Nice.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:41 pm

Play Garcia. Play Foden. Fuck the scouse cunts.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:41 pm

Foden to replace Silva. Garcia to replace Fern. Fern to resume at DM. Hardly a crisis I’d have thought. Also it’s about time Sterling stepped up and delivered against the dippers
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:45 pm

I will like shit for saying this, but would not be that big of a miss.

Age has no mercy for anyone.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:46 pm

nottsblue wrote:Foden to replace Silva. Garcia to replace Fern. Fern to resume at DM. Hardly a crisis I’d have thought. Also it’s about time Sterling stepped up and delivered against the dippers

This 100% If Fern isn't in his normal position we'll get sliced through.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zuricity » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:23 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Silva being 'injured' is a convenient way to keep the pressure off the team going into Sunday's game. Imagine the pre game bs from the media if we dropped Merlin? This way , he's out and it apparently forces Pep to start young Phil. Who is confident and quick enough to run rings around lovren and mr Row Z himself.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby patrickblue » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:26 pm

zuricity wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Silva being 'injured' is a convenient way to keep the pressure off the team going into Sunday's game. Imagine the pre game bs from the media if we dropped Merlin? This way , he's out and it apparently forces Pep to start young Phil. Who is confident and quick enough to run rings around lovren and mr Row Z himself.

Now, now, you know nobody can dribble past vandick.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby zuricity » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:38 pm

patrickblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Now, now, you know nobody can dribble past vandick.

Don't need to , his positional sense is awful , which is why he is always kicking it into Row Z.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby sheblue » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:14 pm

Not so certain Foden will start even though he cant play Wednesday. I think its gundo kev and b silva in the middle against the vermin.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby harveytravis » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:12 am

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Foden to replace Silva. Garcia to replace Fern. Fern to resume at DM. Hardly a crisis I’d have thought. Also it’s about time Sterling stepped up and delivered against the dippers

This 100% If Fern isn't in his normal position we'll get sliced through.

Have to agree with this. We need Fern at DM and Fiery Phil in for DS.

Sorted...
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum