***Atalanta v City Official CL Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Atalanta v City Official CL Match Thread***

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:49 pm

Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Mase wrote:Just watched the highlights - some of you tits are embarrassing. Blaming Otter for their goal. DO YOU WANT HIM TO STAND UP OR DIVE IN? Make your fuckin minds up. Fern isn't a defender. Playing him there is costing us more than It's helping us out.

I'd like him to block the cross.

Sometimes attackers are decent. And they will get the cross in. But there's no excuse for losing your man inside the box. Well there is....Fern isn't a fuckin defender.

Mase - he should have stopped that cross FFS !! I dont get why you continually defend this player when some of his performances have been fucking dire and cost us........he gets the same shit Stones rightly gets when he fucks up as well.

As for Fern....I will never blame him for anything at the back as hes not supposed to be there in the first place...PeP has Garcia who he raves about as ''a defender who never ever makes a bad pass'' yet the bald cunt wont play him !!!!!.

PeP has made some , and continues to make , shocking decisions at the back for us this season IMO.

Because he was in the team of the season when we did the 100 points. He hasn't suddenly gone shit. Pep dropped him for the start of last season which is mad. Why would you drop your best defender from the season before? But saying that he did the same with Sanè last season and Bernardo this season. And look at the confidence of all those players.

I think PeP has to take 90% of the blame as he continually fucks around with winning formulas....so far hes been the best domestic manager for us out of Mancini and Pellegrini but hes been the worst for us in the CL.

Im sick of him putting square pegs in round holes when he doesn't have to.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby stupot » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:34 pm

So i take it you give him 90% of the credit for 198 points the last 2 seasons.
How can you put him behind Mancini and Pellers in the Champions League. We couldn't get out of the group with Mancini, Pellegrini got us to the Semi once and it was embarrassing how shit scared he was against a Madrid side there fotr the taking in my opinion.

We were screwed against Liverpool 2 years ago and we were screwed against Tottenham last year otherwise we'd have been looking at 2 more Semi Finals.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby dick dastardley » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:06 pm

blues2win wrote:Wenger says Bravo should not have been sent off. Atalanta player should have had a yellow for simulation.

Not the uefa way!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:44 pm

stupot wrote:So i take it you give him 90% of the credit for 198 points the last 2 seasons.
How can you put him behind Mancini and Pellers in the Champions League. We couldn't get out of the group with Mancini, Pellegrini got us to the Semi once and it was embarrassing how shit scared he was against a Madrid side there fotr the taking in my opinion.

We were screwed against Liverpool 2 years ago and we were screwed against Tottenham last year otherwise we'd have been looking at 2 more Semi Finals.

Ill rephrase slightly then , (I'm not on about the domestic league ) Pellers got us to the Semi Final (With a much poorer squad than what PeP has ) which makes him the most successful fucking manager for this particular competition that we have had so far whilst PeP battles to get to the QF !!...its not even fucking debatable ffs!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dimples » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:02 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
stupot wrote:So i take it you give him 90% of the credit for 198 points the last 2 seasons.

Ill rephrase slightly then , (I'm not on about the domestic league ) Pellers got us to the Semi Final (With a much poorer squad than what PeP has ) which makes him the most successful fucking manager for this particular competition that we have had so far whilst PeP battles to get to the QF !!...its not even fucking debatable ffs!

What is not debatable is that we were cheated against Liverpool (home and away) and again against Spurs last year in the home match.
Pep's CL record cannot be compared against anyone because we do not know what would have happened if there was no corruption.

For me he is miles ahead of both Mancini and Pellers.
The team play at a different level under Pep.
Last year's PL was just amazing. All the more so when you consider the officiating and our best player was injured for most of the season.
The year before we got a 100 points.

Pep is way ahead of the others.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby s1ty m » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:49 pm

Pep is miles ahead surely no debate is there? It's been a dream. The CL requires certain permissions to win it and we haven't got them. Plain as day. It's called corruption.

I'm more concerned about our general play in a lot, a lot, of games. Pep has got his work cut out to solve it. It's strange, but we are nowhere near what we are capable of. Lots of players are simply way below form and this is on the eve of the annual trials and tribulations of Klanfield. Bloody great.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:03 pm

Dimples wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

What is not debatable is that we were cheated against Liverpool (home and away) and again against Spurs last year in the home match.
Pep's CL record cannot be compared against anyone because we do not know what would have happened if there was no corruption.

For me he is miles ahead of both Mancini and Pellers.
The team play at a different level under Pep.
Last year's PL was just amazing. All the more so when you consider the officiating and our best player was injured for most of the season.
The year before we got a 100 points.

Pep is way ahead of the others.

For the 3rd time - I'm talking about this fucking CL competition and not the fucking domestic leagues and cups and I'm not angling for him to be fucking changed..I'm just stating facts FFS!

'Pep Guardiola hasn't had the best record in the Champions League since leaving Barcelona after winning the trophy in 2008-09 and 2010-11, suffering several humbling exits at Barca, Bayern Munich and Manchester City'.
''
We can make as many excuses as we like but PeP has shit form in this comp since leaving the ''harlem globetrotters'' of the football world , Barcelona and I think its because he puts too many square pegs in round holes when he doesnt need to do so.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:37 pm

I agree with Carl.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Lev Bronstein » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:38 pm

Is it just me who wanted Gabriel to go in goal just so we can say "Jesus Saves"?

Oh OK, it is just me
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby stupot » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:12 am

I agree with Carl as well.
Otto has been shit and cost us loads this season.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby PrezIke » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:14 am

blues2win wrote:Wenger says Bravo should not have been sent off. Atalanta player should have had a yellow for simulation.

And apparently "The Italian press" is upset he dove and feel he should have went past Bravo because he didn't really catch him and scored the winning goal so that Atalanta would be in a good position to qualify for the next round.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby bigblue » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:17 am

We had 4 defenders who let him run in and get a free header. The marking was atrocious regardless of a cross coming in or not
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:43 am

Mase wrote:I agree with Carl.

I do too, to an extent.

As usual though he's exaggerating, he wouldn't be Carl if he didn't.

To say it's not debatable that Pellegrini was better for us in Europe is silly, of course it's debatable.

For example, Pellegrini had a 50% win rate in CL with City. Guardiola currently has a 59% win rate. ( Mancini's was 33%, less said the better)

Also to say he has shit form since leaving Barca is ott. He made the semi finals three seasons on the trot with Bayern.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby stupot » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:03 am

Carl also said Pellegrini did it with an inferior squad.
That's true but that is largely down to him. He signed Navas, Mangala, Bony, Jovetic all of whom failed drastically.
He signed Sterling who was shocking when playing under him, it was working under Pep who made him the player he is now.
The only possible dodgy signing you can accuse Pep of is Nolito and even he scored a few.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:26 am

stupot wrote:Carl also said Pellegrini did it with an inferior squad.
That's true but that is largely down to him. He signed Navas, Mangala, Bony, Jovetic all of whom failed drastically.
He signed Sterling who was shocking when playing under him, it was working under Pep who made him the player he is now.
The only possible dodgy signing you can accuse Pep of is Nolito and even he scored a few.

You think Pellers made those signings :lol: :lol: He might have been the manager but he sure didn't make those signings.
Just like Sterling and KDB were bought when Pellers was here, but I guarantee Pep told City to get them.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stupot » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:04 pm

I'm sure Pep was instrumental in Kev and Raz as they were the summer before he was announced in the Feb.
Pretty sure Pellers was responsible for the others.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:47 pm

stupot wrote:I'm sure Pep was instrumental in Kev and Raz as they were the summer before he was announced in the Feb.
Pretty sure Pellers was responsible for the others.

Fair enough mate. I'm sure Raza and Kev were told Pep was coming.
Navas - wasn't a bad squad player against the right teams.
Bony - was top scorer for the year at the time we bought him. Just didn't turn out right for us - similar to Benteke. Only know if it will work once you've got those kind of players in.
Jovetic - a class player, but an absolute shithouse they faked injuries and just didn't fancy it here.

I agree Pep hasn't mad a bad signing imo. I know you've mention Nolly but I actually thought he was a decent player. An absolute hothead though and Pep probably didn't like that. I can't think of a bad signing Pep's made tbh.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stupot » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:13 pm

Navas was a decent squad player like you say but Pellers always played him and his crossing was woeful.
Jovetic had the injury record before he arrived.
I remember being pleased when we signed Bony, i remember him giving Kompany a really hard time but he was awful.
Mangala had the good debut against Chelsea, was shocking the next week against Hull and never recovered.
Pellers had a good 1st season with largely Mancini's squad and went steadily backwards. We only qualified for the Champs League in his last season on goal difference on something like 67 points after getting 18 from the first 6 games.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:19 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
Nick wrote:Is it fuck

And wont be

Ignore the snowflake septic

Where did I say he was out for the weekend?

Again, I never said he was out for the weekend but it looks like he is now. I await your apologies.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum