Lawro & Champagne Charlie Predictions v Dippers (A)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro & Champagne Charlie Predictions v Dippers (A)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:37 pm

Lawro this week has a dipper fan with him (of course) This week he is up against 'The Irishman' star Stephen Graham, who is a fan of Liverpool... and Lawro.
"I support Liverpool because it is in my DNA," the Merseyside-born actor told BBC Sport.

First time I have seen 2 pundits not give us a chance!

Lawro says

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50334337

I think Liverpool will win the league this year and they have shown us why in the past few weeks.

If anyone gives them a problem they just seem to know how to solve it.
I just don't think City are at the same high level as last season. Part of that is down to injuries but, even with largely the same players, there does not quite seem to be the same feel about the team.
The little things are going against Pep Guardiola's side, and some very small cracks are starting to appear, while Liverpool just seem to get stronger and stronger.
City did a good job of stopping Liverpool playing the last time they came to Anfield, a 0-0 draw in October 2018, and I cannot see them coming out and playing really open this time either.
Liverpool go nine points clear if they win, which is a lot. That is what I think will happen too.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0
Stephen's prediction: This is the fixture I looked out for straight away at the start of the season. Hopefully it is a brilliant game. We are at home so I have got to back us to beat City. 2-1

Will Liverpool win the Premier League? I think it will be extremely close again. We have started off brilliantly, but there is a long way to go.
What do you think of Jurgen Klopp? He is absolutely wonderful. He is a genius. He is like Willy Wonka isn't he? He is just lovely.

Charlie says

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... l-and-more

This is the game of games. When I look back at the games I used to look forward to, they were the Man United vs Liverpool's, especially at Anfield, Man United vs Man City, but these are the games at Anfield, I love the whole scenario of these games.

They are hard to understand and hard to read. It was a rotten game of football last time, but this is what tension does to the best of teams - City cannot afford to lose it. The Premier League would not be over, as a couple of draws and a defeat makes it wide open again - it is doable with Liverpool's fixture list.

Man City's weaknesses in defence will add to the game - you can only see goals in this one. Pep Guardiola's side will not sit back, but they will suffocate the service into the front three of Liverpool and try to nullify the full-backs.

Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino were way off it last week, with Sadio Mane carrying the front three and grabbing the match-winner at the death. Pep will look at the pace of Mane and the accusations of diving, but I cannot see how these players will not be in a position to say there are goals here.

Do City and Liverpool play tactics here? I don't think so. Liverpool are vulnerable defensively and have not been as good as last year, as we all knew, but they will be fairly happy with a point as it keeps everything going and ticking along.

It is one of these games, after the miserable feeling of the last one, which will give everyone a 'wow' moment. Sit back and enjoy the ride - it could go either way, it could be a 5-4 or a 1-0, but I am sitting on the fence until I see the starting teams.

CHARLIE PREDICTS: 2-2
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro & Champagne Charlie Predictions v Dippers (A)

Postby nottsblue » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:10 pm

Lawro can fuck off.
Take CCs prediction
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:50 am

the murphy’s law stars are aligned for an uncomfortable city win
lump on 1-3 lads - easy money!!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:16 pm

Edited for accuracy:

We Scouse cunts need Liverpool to win the league this year and they have shown us why they can in the past few weeks.

If anyone gives them a problem they just dive late on and the PL give it; problem solved.

I've been hoping that City aren't at the same high level as last season. The majority of that is down to injuries (thank fuck) but, even with largely the same players, although they can't play through, errrr, said injuries, there does not quite seem to be the same feel about the team.

Major things are going against Pep Guardiola's side, and some very small cracks are starting to appear, while Liverpool just seem to get stronger and stronger while the PL dictate our scores

City did a good job of stopping the officials playing the last time they came to Anfield, a 0-0 draw in October 2018 where we were lucky to get away with a point, and I haven't got a clue what they are going to do but hoping they don't take it to us.

Liverpool go nine points clear if they win (I couldn't imagine the stress we'd be under if it's only 3), which is a lot. That is what I am praying will happen too.

Lawro's prediction: Any score, just beat the dirty Manc cunts!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:26 pm

Klopp is like Willy Wonka?????
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum