A Chain is only as strong as its weakest link

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: A Chain is only as strong as its weakest link

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:40 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:In fairness I thought Angelino was damn near our best player so the mendy point wasn’t too big a deal.

I think he was an upgrade on Mendy but according to one or 2 on here , he should be nowhere near the first team...they have the same opinion on Foden being well behind every other senior player.

Madness at its peak.

He shamed a few Sunday, tough time with no help from anyone, and even then close to getting a goal, Fair play he was brilliant 2nd half. Better than Stones.In Ederson Laporte,De Bruyne we have the best, around them we have some work to-do. Hard to take but the scousers have an edge over us, we need to sort out. A lot of flakey lads.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:32 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:In fairness I thought Angelino was damn near our best player so the mendy point wasn’t too big a deal.

I think he was an upgrade on Mendy but according to one or 2 on here , he should be nowhere near the first team...they have the same opinion on Foden being well behind every other senior player.

Madness at its peak.

I can honestly say I don’t know enough about him to judge previously but what I’ve seen so far I’ve liked.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Outcast » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:37 am

I've avoided all media since our loss and will continue to do so as soon the jizzing over the scum comes to a halt. it's been refreshing although still sore from our loss. Once the dust settles, on reflection, the cons and positives are:

- when our injured players are back, we are more than capable putting a long run of wins
- the players should be motivated after this defeat, I hope they feel hurt by it
- the vermin's have been riding their luck, there is a long way to go, wait until they start playing ever 24 hours, injuries and form takes a dip, 2 defeats on the bounce and it's game on as long as we pick up the wins when they falter
- the pressure is in them to hold out, to start celebrating at this stage is premature, football can change instantly, we should not throw the towel, we been there and done it, yes it bloody hurts now, but we have to see the bigger picture
- pep needs to stop over complicating formations and head back to basics, we didn't need the 3 points against the filth, I would have been happy with 1
- time to play youth, some of the senior players need to pull their finger out or fuck off in the summer, if we falter and end up finishing top 4, this a good time to bed in youth ready for next season's assault
- I look forward to penetrating the filth in the return fixture, hopefully we'll have full fit squad and crush them
- it's never a good omen to use all your luck at start of the season, we seem to use ours just at the right time, those fuckers will never learn lol.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby mr_nool » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:47 am

Angelino was indeed very good after a somewhat nervy start. Probably the best out of the back 4.

I know the defense was a bit of a mess, but I still think it was our big players that let us down. What's up with KdB, Bernardoz Gundogan and Agüero? That noone of our attacking players could be bothered to track Fabinho for the first goal still makes me livid.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Mase » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:13 pm

mr_nool wrote:Angelino was indeed very good after a somewhat nervy start. Probably the best out of the back 4.

I know the defense was a bit of a mess, but I still think it was our big players that let us down. What's up with KdB, Bernardoz Gundogan and Agüero? That noone of our attacking players could be bothered to track Fabinho for the first goal still makes me livid.

Gundo was the one with the shit clearance right to Fabinho and then Rodri made a half arsed attempt to close the shot down but then turned his back like a 5 year old. Imagine De Jong charging that ball down. It was embarrassing.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby mr_nool » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:47 pm

Mase wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Angelino was indeed very good after a somewhat nervy start. Probably the best out of the back 4.

Gundo was the one with the shit clearance right to Fabinho and then Rodri made a half arsed attempt to close the shot down but then turned his back like a 5 year old. Imagine De Jong charging that ball down. It was embarrassing.

And KdB was still in the Liverpool half, despite being stood next to Fabinho when the counter started.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:51 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:

And KdB was still in the Liverpool half, despite being stood next to Fabinho when the counter started.

Kev is absolutely class. But sometimes he is a shithouse.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:59 pm

Mase wrote:

I'm glad someone else noticed that, I couldn't for the life of me understand what Rodri was at there, weird bended run, showed him the goal.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby mr_nool » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:00 pm

Mase wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:

Kev is absolutely class. But sometimes he is a shithouse.

I love Tintin, but he hasn't reached his usual level so far this season. And seeing him not giving a 100% when we play the bindippers really got on my nerves.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wooders » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:09 pm

De Bruyne has created many gilt edged scoring opportunities that the likes of Aguero, Sterling and Jesus have squandered, especially in the Liverpool game - he can’t do everything
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:36 pm

Wooders wrote:De Bruyne has created many gilt edged scoring opportunities that the likes of Aguero, Sterling and Jesus have squandered, especially in the Liverpool game - he can’t do everything

So if someone doesn't play at 100% that's okay? Even when we're losing.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:00 pm

Mase wrote:
Wooders wrote:De Bruyne has created many gilt edged scoring opportunities that the likes of Aguero, Sterling and Jesus have squandered, especially in the Liverpool game - he can’t do everything

Mase I see where your going with this, I just think elite players see the ref fuck us over, players missing we concede two shite goals in 15 mins,again two full backs doing us with a switch of play again !!!!!!!!!!!!

KDB looking around at our wasteful ability to miss chances and we miss bags full even when we win 4/5/6 he must think FFS what the fuck. I also think we have flakey fuckers who when it is put on them they get found out, we need players who can cope KDB can. it is like Dortmund going to Bayern they get mullered 0-4 pretty much every-time.Even when in great form it is an arse kicking Players have a mental block at the shithole
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:41 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:

Mase I see where your going with this, I just think elite players see the ref fuck us over, players missing we concede two shite goals in 15 mins,again two full backs doing us with a switch of play again !!!!!!!!!!!!

KDB looking around at our wasteful ability to miss chances and we miss bags full even when we win 4/5/6 he must think FFS what the fuck. I also think we have flakey fuckers who when it is put on them they get found out, we need players who can cope KDB can. it is like Dortmund going to Bayern they get mullered 0-4 pretty much every-time.Even when in great form it is an arse kicking Players have a mental block at the shithole

Agreed mate. But if that was Sanè sulking because he'd put chances on a plate for people, some of our fans would be foaming at the mouth. No one deserves a pass when we lose. Look at Aguero as well. Our best striker ever, but at Anfield every time he goes missing. He doesn't deserve a pass either.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:46 pm

Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:

Agreed mate. But if that was Sanè sulking because he'd put chances on a plate for people, some of our fans would be foaming at the mouth. No one deserves a pass when we lose. Look at Aguero as well. Our best striker ever, but at Anfield every time he goes missing. He doesn't deserve a pass either.

I am starting to think Sane has an edge we need, not the rabbits in the headlights. He went to his old club cool as a cucumber top corner and calmly takes a bow. Walker charges about but could not pass wind and gets done back post, 10 yrs on Angelino who is singled out !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:48 pm

Just seen Aguero's stats for Anfield. 601 minutes 0 goals. Embarrassing.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stupot » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:53 pm

Didn't look to me like Kev was sulking. He might not have tracked back once but he created chance after chance.
We're not dropping points through not having Sane, we've outscored everyone again. We're dropping points through VAR and shocking defending. Unfortunately Stones/ Otto whilst looking good with Laporte look shocking without him and of all the games we needed Ederson, Sunday was the one.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:35 pm

stupot wrote:Didn't look to me like Kev was sulking. He might not have tracked back once but he created chance after chance.
We're not dropping points through not having Sane, we've outscored everyone again. We're dropping points through VAR and shocking defending. Unfortunately Stones/ Otto whilst looking good with Laporte look shocking without him and of all the games we needed Ederson, Sunday was the one.

You don't think Sanè would have made a difference against Wolves and Norwich where we were just trying the same thing over and over? Bringing him off the bench completely changed the game at Old Trafford last season for example.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby city72 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:44 pm

Mase wrote:
stupot wrote:Didn't look to me like Kev was sulking. He might not have tracked back once but he created chance after chance.

You don't think Sanè would have made a difference against Wolves and Norwich where we were just trying the same thing over and over? Bringing him off the bench completely changed the game at Old Trafford last season for example.

I miss Sane more and more each week
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby Mase » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:47 pm

city72 wrote:
Mase wrote:

I miss Sane more and more each week

He's completely different to anyone in our squad. He's direct. He scares the shit out of teams. Imagine him coming off the bench in the 70th minute and attacking a team that's just defended for 70 minutes. Completely changes the game.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:39 pm

Mase wrote:

Tosh Mase, read what Wooders wrote and digest it.

How many chances must these three up front screw up ?

Having said that Kun was desperately unlucky on Sunday , he came close several times to scoring- which Razza never looked like making .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum