John Stones, where now?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

John Stones, where now?

Postby nottsblue » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:27 pm

He does not look like a PL footballer, never mind a £47M international footballer. A couple of years ago he looked at the top of his game and that he would be a cornerstone of our defence for the next five years.

What’s happened? He looks like a disheveled tramp who has had a couple of nights on the piss rather than a professional athlete in his prime. He isn’t good enough to be trusted in our defence as a leader which is what he should be. It’s debatable whether he can be trusted to even be first choice at the moment, even with our defensive injury concerns.

Do we persevere with him in the hope he pulls through and that actually, a series of games is what he needs to get back to form, fitness and match sharpness as after all it wasn’t long ago he was excellent? Or have we seen the best of him and he’s had his chance and blown it?

Personally I like to see players given a couple of chances to rediscover their mojo but at the same time he doesn’t appear to be helping himself and he hasn’t grasped the nettle at all this season. Winners don’t need many chances and maybe he’s out of chances. I’d like to see Garcia given a chance as well, preferably alongside Laporte but as he’s out for a while that’s not possible, but he surely deserves his chance as much as Stones.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: John Stones, where now?

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:00 pm

Time for Pep to be a man manager and sort Stones out.

Stones looks like a proper scruffy twat at the moment though. Why he's in ahead of Otter is beyond me.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:07 pm

He reminds me of a man with issues. I honestly think he wasn't missing through injury but we were protecting him due to personal circumstances. That stopped when we were so short that we had bo option but to play him.

Could be wrong but, if there's a chance that this is the issue, hopefully he soughts himself out.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby ross.mcfc » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:16 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:He reminds me of a man with issues. I honestly think he wasn't missing through injury but we were protecting him due to personal circumstances. That stopped when we were so short that we had bo option but to play him.

Could be wrong but, if there's a chance that this is the issue, hopefully he soughts himself out.

I was told he had personal issues a few weeks ago.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby zuricity » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:32 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:He reminds me of a man with issues. I honestly think he wasn't missing through injury but we were protecting him due to personal circumstances. That stopped when we were so short that we had bo option but to play him.

I was told he had personal issues a few weeks ago.

The money they are getting paid, they are not allowed to have 'issues' , Personal or not.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby sheblue » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:51 pm

Yes there seems to be 'issues' there.
Good news is he is 25. Ok hes not a kid but he is still young enough for a centre back. Many in that position dont reach their peak until their late 20s.
He has still has time but needs to get his shit sorted, if he can.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:16 pm

Rolling out the same shit....''he needs to sort himself out'' etc etc etc .....its bullshit.

I said we should have sold him in the summer whilst he had a decent sell price and we didnt and now hes worth how much ? 20 million ? - hes one of the worst defenders in the prem and he has regressed to such an extent its embarrassing but PeP keeps on fucking playing him.

Hold up play - go forward slightly - shit your pants and Pass backwards as quickly as possible.

Thats how he fucking plays.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:58 pm

Stones has always needed Baby sitting in defense

He is not a leader,only a follower.

He can only play along side a leader like Vinny,or la Porte

We have no natural leader, he looks totally lost,and every bit a Championship level player.

No idea what is going on in Stones private life.

He has gone from looking like the youthful fresh faced Boy next Door, to looking like a Crack Head.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:28 am

Gone backwards, looks ill,. Needs to look at Sterling, A first class pro. Not sure how he is getting a game TBH, Pep needs to be asked what is the issue with him, as he looks like shit.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:46 pm

sheblue wrote:Yes there seems to be 'issues' there.

So since it had reached me, I just presumed it was one of those things that was doing the rounds with City fans. I was told by a friend who is a journo (and a massive blue) that he'd left his wife/girlfriend (not sure but he has a kid with her) for another woman, who was pregnant, but turns out it wasn't his. The other woman in question is Kyle Walkers ex. Pep is not amused at all.

Could be utter bollox of course.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:58 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:
sheblue wrote:Yes there seems to be 'issues' there.

So since it had reached me, I just presumed it was one of those things that was doing the rounds with City fans. I was told by a friend who is a journo (and a massive blue) that he'd left his wife/girlfriend (not sure but he has a kid with her) for another woman, who was pregnant, but turns out it wasn't his. The other woman in question is Kyle Walkers ex. Pep is not amused at all.

Could be utter bollox of course.

Very much doubt the Walker bit. You can tell they're best mates.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:02 pm

So I heard he is in with the wrong crowd and on the piss with Phil Bardsley and his crew. just saying what I heard
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby sheblue » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:20 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Rolling out the same shit....''he needs to sort himself out'' etc etc etc .....its bullshit.

Stop all that empathy and compassion now it's just too much.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:00 pm

sheblue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Rolling out the same shit....''he needs to sort himself out'' etc etc etc .....its bullshit.

Just when I thought I had conquered this , Ive gone back to frothing at the mouth again during and after matches.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:26 pm

I think, and I might sound harsh, but a player at his lever should have some kind of an ambition to sort things out.
He will have 4 years with us in the summer and there were just a few times when he actually looked really, really solid.

My heart is saying to give him another season after this, but my mind is saying the opposite. I really don't understand footballers how they can fucking ruin everything around them.
Stones is actually a good looking lad, he is no fucking Quasimodo so maybe that is the reason. He wants to sleep in more beds when he is his prime, but at some point you have to decide from that and football.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:04 pm

I just dont think he is a top class centre half and thats what we need. He is fine as a fourth choice albeit an expensive one.

A top class centre half looks like a fit vinny kompany or laporte. With those two or similar equivalents we would beat anyone. We did it last season but with what we have now our best hope of proper silverware is to fluke a cup(hopefully the champs league).
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zuricity » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:17 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Just when I thought I had conquered this , Ive gone back to frothing at the mouth again during and after matches.

Try a Bob Martins tablet.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:16 pm

zuricity wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Try a Bob Martins tablet.

I do already - I have great hair .
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:23 pm

Back in the England squad, which is great for him. Based on what, Form ?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:59 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Back in the England squad, which is great for him. Based on what, Form ?

As someone else stated Gomez is in despite only playing 3 games all season.

Stones is still England's best CB even in poor form.
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum