***Match Thread | City v Rags***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Match Thread | City v Rags***

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:48 pm

sheblue wrote:Calming down a bit.
A major problem we have is our midfield strolling back when we are defending a counter attack. Which leaves a far too much space for wide attacking players to play balls across, in front of and even through our back 4.
All the emphasis is on the back 4. In my view those in front of them are yards off the pace defensively and have a lot to answer for.

Last season our midfielders used to hunt the ball back now they wait for someone else to do it. Problem is there is nobody else.
David Silva legs have gone.Will always be an idol,but sadly his time is up at this level.

We need to be seeing Fodden in this side like now.He is the future.

I honestly believe we carry on as we are then Thursday night football is returning next season.

I am hoping Pep will start putting Square Pegs in Square Holes that will help.And if he intends on staying playing our Kids who are better than some of the first teamers.Fodden is better than Silva,Garcia is a natural defender.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:50 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:Pep was hooking Sane every other Game not long back for not tracking back.

Now he sits there watching most the team do it to every quick counter.

This.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:27 pm

imo this team gave up after the klanfield loss. with VAR, pIGMOL, the bernie witch hunt and all the injuries and other bullshit we’ve endured, i can't say i blame them tbh.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:33 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:imo this team gave up after the klanfield loss. with VAR, pIGMOL, the bernie witch hunt and all the injuries and other bullshit we’ve endured, i can't say i blame them tbh.
If that is the case,then there can be no complaints from the hierarchy when the Stadium is half empty for Premier League Games.That will happen next.

It is not cheap any more.If the team is going through the motions,it will trickle down to the terraces.

Then Pep can complain about our support again.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Outcast » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:55 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:imo this team gave up after the klanfield loss. with VAR, pIGMOL, the bernie witch hunt and all the injuries and other bullshit we’ve endured, i can't say i blame them tbh.

We haven't lost because of VAR, we are so far behind we just can't keep blaming VAR and shitty decisions, granted, we got fucked over on many occasions but that's just plastering over the cracks, it's not an excuse to be so far behind. we haven't been great and don't deserve the title the way we have been playing. Not playing Foden regularly or Giving Garcia more playing time is just criminal
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby patrickblue » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:03 pm

zuricity wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Nick wrote:Name a worse derby ??

Loads mate, but I think yesterday was significant in so much as we got battered for 70 mins, I think we are done . Rodgers with a foxes team could tear us a new1. I mean if we are not up for that game.............. hope I am wrong. Btw the same team no changes. We got what we all wanted and look how that played out. Pep needs to sort this out, and get over his fucking self IMO he looks like he is sulking.

We were not battered for 70 minutes at all .
We totally dominated the second half and failed to get goals in both halves.

Strange handball decisions by Oliver and a weak penalty decision for the rags caused us problems .

I think that is the last time Angelino will play left back. He was awful .

We got battered mate, and had a typical City kitchen sink last 10 mins, we never controlled a game against a shit team of shite, we watched from CB as the rags countered us, how the hell did we not stop that for over an hour, chances taken 0-4 in 20 mins.

72 % possession , 16 corners to their 3 ?

Equal on fouls .
Much higher on shots .
That is battered is it?

I can understand if questions were being asked about our waste of Corners and goal opportunities but the Rags certainly did not dominate the game and both teams had ample shots at goal .

Why did Angelino and Bernardo keep on crossing into an empty box ? why does Silva have to always walk the ball into the net ? why aren't they shooting from every angle to keep the opposition on their toes ?

Why were the two clear handball reviews turned down by Oliver ?

I'm with you Zuri.
We were inept and embarrassingly naive, but in no way were we battered.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:32 pm

Battered I used the term is harsh, I accept that, however the scum walked through us particularly in the 1st half did the damage and had us on toast until they replaced Martial. Let's be honest if Bravo was in goals it would have been god knows what.Ederson was being peppered. Our game-plan was in tatters after a few mins 1-2 flattered us and the late rally would never have happened if they had taken the chances they had. As I said Foxes are our worst nightmare, quick young and in form. We are looking at 3rd maybe 4th this year IMO.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum