The Guardiola Paradox

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Guardiola Paradox

Postby City64 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:58 am

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
City64 wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:
s1ty m wrote:Your best midfielder playing at CB is maybe a problem, Pep. Just a thought.

This is a major problem. Discussing this at the game today my view was that it would be better to switch Rodri with Fern. That gives more height to the back 4, Fern plays where he's most effective, and both can still deliver a decent pass.
However, despite all our injuries and the dodgy officials and VAR calls, I think our biggest problem is the lack of an on-field leader in the squad since Vinnie left. Despite Dave's obvious genius over the last decade he is not a natural leader on the pitch. We lack a VK-type who will galvanise the other players, hand out bollockings when needed, not be afraid to yell at other top players if that's what's required. Yes, there are areas where we need to strengthen in January, but imho one who can lead is a must (preferably from CB!).

So what about the fact average teams with a bit of pace are counter attacking us to fuck ie Wolves Newcastle and the Rags ?

Fern in his natural position would stop most counter attacks reaching our back 4, and a strong leader wouldn't allow the rest of the team to amble back as they seem to do at present. Problem solved! Who needs Pep's genius, just employ me for half his wages!!! :lol: :lol:

For peps way to work we need a solid back four with wing backs that can attack with pace and track back with pace if we lose the ball ,also agree Fern in his natural position holding role and protecting our back four . Without those solid foundations we cant play the Pep way we just aren't good enough . Problem now is nothing will change until at least the end of January when Laporte and Sane are fit again and one or two essential signings made ,
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:13 am

City64 wrote:
city72 wrote:
City64 wrote:We are so easy to play against with our shite defence , average teams just counter attack us it is as simple as that . We wont win fuck all until its sorted , luckily we only have Oxford United and Port Vale in the domestic cups and we have already qualified for the CL last 16 so plenty of time to address that issue with Laporte due back in January and a new CB and left back essential buys the transfer window .

You fucking melon

Fuck off using my sayings

Fuck me, i just realised there are two of you.
Who is who? :lol:
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby s1ty m » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:38 am

A new CB is obviously a must. I can only think of Koulibaly as the sort of player we should go for, sod the cost and hassle of buying from Italy.

Move Fernandinho back to his proper position and also look at a big striker. Take a punt on Haaland maybe, to give us a different option. Get Laporte and Sane back, start using Foden more and maybe we'll start to shape up. As for LB, I have no idea.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:29 am

His record against a shite rag side since he arrived here is fucking embarrassing - getting schooled by the gimp is beyond shocking!

What really makes my piss boil is that he just never plays Foden and it doesn’t matter how shit David Silva plays (and he was shit for 90 mins yesterday ) as baldie will put Gundo on before him in any case - Foden has no chance whilst we have PeP at the helm.

It’s a fucking travesty he’s not playing him when all the evidence says he’s what we need ,more often than not, on the pitch .

Deep down , Foden must be raging.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:30 am

We need a rock solid back four to attack the way we do. Peps first season fell apart due to fullbacks, this season it’s center backs. Buy one in the off season and get Laporte fit and go again next. Fuck this season.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dub City » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:13 am

My biggest gripe with Pellegrini was that he continuously made the same mistake with Yaya when losing his legs in a 2 central man midfield and we get overrun and made the same mistake again and again. Yesterday was a copy of the Wolves game. Sat in, used Pace on the break and we couldn’t cope with it again. We are so slow and the back, predictable going forward and we have lost the tempo up top and central that the last two seasons have been built on.

Silva is been run into the ground again. He should don’t be playing 90 mins twice in a week at his age to get the best out of him. We are told Foden will be his replacement next year - how the fuck can we know he is or isn’t good enough if he doesn’t get the chance now when silva is here to be eased in , and then when the chance is there to play bring him on he is left on bench and throw on Gundo again.

What’s even worse is the no chances been given to Garcia. we are told how amazing he is, he looks good in all league cup games but doesn’t get his chance. Foden is competing with some very good players for the central spot so the argument can be made why he doesn’t get the chance. Ahead of Garcia is a central midfielder who has been moved back and two centre halves who the manager clearly doesn’t fancy. What have we got to lose by giving the lad a chance, If he is making the same mistakes of the others are we any worse off, at least we have tried him. He isn’t going to hang around waiting, he won’t have the love for club Foden does to wait and pass up opportunities elsewhere. Laporte comes back, we sign another centre half is he back down to 5/6th choice hoping for a league cup game.

I would start given Foden and Garcia their chances now , see if they are ready for next season. We will get top 4 finishing 2-4 makes no real difference give them their games see if we can use them instead of throwing money at the problem which is badly needed for left back and a new striker
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Outcast » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:42 am

Dub City wrote:My biggest gripe with Pellegrini was that he continuously made the same mistake with Yaya when losing his legs in a 2 central man midfield and we get overrun and made the same mistake again and again. Yesterday was a copy of the Wolves game. Sat in, used Pace on the break and we couldn’t cope with it again. We are so slow and the back, predictable going forward and we have lost the tempo up top and central that the last two seasons have been built on.

Silva is been run into the ground again. He should don’t be playing 90 mins twice in a week at his age to get the best out of him. We are told Foden will be his replacement next year - how the fuck can we know he is or isn’t good enough if he doesn’t get the chance now when silva is here to be eased in , and then when the chance is there to play bring him on he is left on bench and throw on Gundo again.

What’s even worse is the no chances been given to Garcia. we are told how amazing he is, he looks good in all league cup games but doesn’t get his chance. Foden is competing with some very good players for the central spot so the argument can be made why he doesn’t get the chance. Ahead of Garcia is a central midfielder who has been moved back and two centre halves who the manager clearly doesn’t fancy. What have we got to lose by giving the lad a chance, If he is making the same mistakes of the others are we any worse off, at least we have tried him. He isn’t going to hang around waiting, he won’t have the love for club Foden does to wait and pass up opportunities elsewhere. Laporte comes back, we sign another centre half is he back down to 5/6th choice hoping for a league cup game.

I would start given Foden and Garcia their chances now , see if they are ready for next season. We will get top 4 finishing 2-4 makes no real difference give them their games see if we can use them instead of throwing money at the problem which is badly needed for left back and a new striker

Foden is more than good enough to start, raw talent like that should start under the current circumstances. I think Silva is playing professionally, not sure he has the desire and hunger this season especially knowing he's off. We went to war to get Garcia from Barcelona, he chose us and this is how we repay him. It's embarrassing we have a great academy but can't promote one player. How about we write this season off, start embedding our youngsters in first team, what a good time to do it.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:48 am

Dub City wrote:My biggest gripe with Pellegrini was that he continuously made the same mistake with Yaya when losing his legs in a 2 central man midfield and we get overrun and made the same mistake again and again. Yesterday was a copy of the Wolves game. Sat in, used Pace on the break and we couldn’t cope with it again. We are so slow and the back, predictable going forward and we have lost the tempo up top and central that the last two seasons have been built on.

If we lose Foden , like we did JS, to some other team then PeP can go do one as I'm sick and tired of his constant lies about how great Foden and Garcia are when he never plays them - senior players always get away with a slagging off when they play shit but low and fucking behold if players like Foden make one bad pass in their 10 minute cameo then you will get some idiot on this site slating them and asking questions as to why they are on the pitch instead of their little favorite senior player who is living off past displays,

Its fucking pathetic.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:48 am

We are mostly all agreed that Pep can only play one way & our biggest problem is that we don't currently have the players to play that way. He is stubborn & arrogant as fuck with his insistence on playing our best holding midfielder as a CB whilst also bedding in Rodri as a long-term replacement. I'm happy with Rodri & he is the replacement for Fern & will be a lot better next season after a full season. If we are keeping Garcia then he should be playing in this team. looking at Stones shitting himself in possession yesterday, we should be in the market for two CBs in the summer. We will need to spend big to replace Serge, I have no idea who the answer is if we cannot get Mbappe - Dembele from Barca? Left back is currently a fucking horror show & we are going to have to deal with that one as well in the summer
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby PeterParker » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:23 am

What scares the fuck out of me is his judgment of the players vs his ideas. Sancho, which I am not a fan at all, was sent away because he didn't see him as a genuine decent player to have a chance in our squad.

Now one year later, Sancho is one of the most interesting young players in the world.

Foden and Garcia look really fantastic, as Sancho did, but we are in danger to have a similar pattern.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:46 pm

PeterParker wrote:What scares the fuck out of me is his judgment of the players vs his ideas. Sancho, which I am not a fan at all, was sent away because he didn't see him as a genuine decent player to have a chance in our squad.

Now one year later, Sancho is one of the most interesting young players in the world.

Foden and Garcia look really fantastic, as Sancho did, but we are in danger to have a similar pattern.

Pep can not really be arsed with youth.

He is a here and now manager,He plans for a 3 year cycle.

You give Pep X Millions he wins you Titles.

He has won Titles.We can not argue with that.

Now we face a major rebuild and have no choice but compromise by bringing youth through, having FFP constraints

Yet the signs are he dosent think any of the Kids are that good yet we are seeing a former Academy player Sancho touted as £!00,000 000 + transfer.Foden would walk in to most teams in the League.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Clowncrete » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:54 am

zabbadabbado wrote:
PeterParker wrote:What scares the fuck out of me is his judgment of the players vs his ideas. Sancho, which I am not a fan at all, was sent away because he didn't see him as a genuine decent player to have a chance in our squad.

Pep can not really be arsed with youth.

He is a here and now manager,He plans for a 3 year cycle.

You give Pep X Millions he wins you Titles.

He has won Titles.We can not argue with that.

Now we face a major rebuild and have no choice but compromise by bringing youth through, having FFP constraints

Yet the signs are he dosent think any of the Kids are that good yet we are seeing a former Academy player Sancho touted as £!00,000 000 + transfer.Foden would walk in to most teams in the League.

Sancho wanted to leave. It's nothing to do with Pep. He left because he was below the pecking order behind Sterling and Sane, both more established players.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:05 am

Your timeline is a bit skewed there mate, Sancho had just turned 17 when he decided he wasn't going to join up with the senior squad for preseason, that was 2 years ago.

I'm not defending his policy with youth players but Sancho is not a stick to beat him with, he was being offered very good terms and promoted to the first team squad at 17.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:11 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Your timeline is a bit skewed there mate, Sancho had just turned 17 when he decided he wasn't going to join up with the senior squad for preseason, that was 2 years ago.

I'm not defending his policy with youth players but Sancho is not a stick to beat him with, he was being offered very good terms and promoted to the first team squad at 17.

Agreed. Sancho was a twat he shook on a deal, He was already going to Dortmund or Arsenal, Wenger is on the record,he spent all summer tapping him up prior to us leaving for the tour to the states. Dortmund have the same issues with him now, is that Peps fault.v The lads is a wrong un, talented but not honest.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Wooders » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:17 pm

Looking at what is happening to Foden and Garcia I can’t say I blame Sancho for doing one
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:23 pm

Wooders wrote:Looking at what is happening to Foden and Garcia I can’t say I blame Sancho for doing one

It was only last week that SWP commented on Foden's situation and said he'd get more game time doing a Sancho.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:44 pm

Mase wrote:
Wooders wrote:Looking at what is happening to Foden and Garcia I can’t say I blame Sancho for doing one

It was only last week that SWP commented on Foden's situation and said he'd get more game time doing a Sancho.

When you have players like SWP coming out with what some of us fans are saying then there is very little room to argue otherwise .
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:05 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:

When you have players like SWP coming out with what some of us fans are saying then there is very little room to argue otherwise .

Sancho was leaving the minute the ££££££££££££ were under his nose a 17yr old kid should not be dicking around our owners, management and any manager we have. He is not flavour of the month at Dortmund, Chelsea here he comes another move engineered.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:29 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:

Sancho was leaving the minute the ££££££££££££ were under his nose a 17yr old kid should not be dicking around our owners, management and any manager we have. He is not flavour of the month at Dortmund, Chelsea here he comes another move engineered.

I’m sure inner circles like SWP knows more than us mate - you could be right but I tend to pay more attention to players like SWP who comments on our young players like Foden , we can only comment on what we read.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:50 pm

The Goat is saying the opposite, which ex player do we put our faith in?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum